Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Results 241 to 259 of 259
  1. #241
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    2

    Default After experimenting with the dagger(s) for a while...

    • Second litany (vampirism healing) seems to not proc on Hit, but rather "on attack". Doublestrikes or offhand strikes (even when wielding two Keepers of Crimson Covenant) do not proc it. When using Blood is Life, there's ~4 actual vampirism procs between each Dagger lifesteal.
    • Procrate on the Mark of Death seems rather low, certainly closer to 2% than 5%. Vorpals are definitely more common. Might also be that it's "per attack" instead of "per hit" like above.
    • Sometimes when wielding the dagger(s) I get a "Your handwraps are cold iron" buff. I have no idea how to replicate it and it seems harmless, but it's definitely an odd one.


    Would be super nice if the daggers "On Hit" effects (at least the healing) could be fixed to actually be On Hit. If it's intended behaviour for it to be On Attack, tooltip change would be in order.
    Last edited by Signette; 11-16-2020 at 02:41 PM. Reason: formatted list into a proper [list]

  2. #242
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Hierophant of Vol
    Truthspeaker of Khyber
    karatemack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,651

    Default No Dev Comment

    I am a little surprised a dev hasn't weighed in here yet.

    I'm thinking either:
    • Too busy and haven't posted on forums all day
    • There are more hidden effects we haven't discovered yet
    • Some other reason?
    Active Characters: Griglok (main), Fiergen, Greyhead, Havegun
    Leader- The Casual Obsession ___Khyber___
    Feel free to join our Discord Check out my YouTube Channel
    Builds I'm Currently Playing

  3. #243

    Default

    cool, nice work
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (>17), Naerfelka (>21)
    wounded and burnt from many mistakes and still stumbling!


  4. #244
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fivetigers33 View Post
    I agree that this was a blast. Great job devs and Lynnabel. Would love 1 mystery item per adventure pack.
    Urgh I dont mind puzzles but it really should not be raid loot. Someone should not have to wonder if the loot is worth keeping or passing.

  5. #245
    Hero
    ([ ]'.')>-{===> <( ;..; <)
    Madja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Signette View Post
    Second litany (vampirism healing) seems to not proc on Hit, but rather "on attack". Doublestrikes or offhand strikes (even when wielding two Keepers of Crimson Covenant) do not proc it. When using Blood is Life, there's ~4 actual vampirism procs between each Dagger lifesteal.
    Didn't they make new vampirism have an internal cooldown? I would imagine that this proc is the same.

  6. #246
    Hero Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karatemack View Post
    I am a little surprised a dev hasn't weighed in here yet.

    I'm thinking either:
    • Too busy and haven't posted on forums all day
    • There are more hidden effects we haven't discovered yet
    • Some other reason?
    Well, It isn't obvious just looking at the thread title that the mystery has been solved.
    Maybe make a new thread that isn't 12 pages long stating the mystery was solved and a DEV might respond.
    Couldn't hurt to try.
    Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 54 Alts on Khyber and counting

  7. #247
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Krelar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Signette View Post
    • Second litany (vampirism healing) seems to not proc on Hit, but rather "on attack". Doublestrikes or offhand strikes (even when wielding two Keepers of Crimson Covenant) do not proc it. When using Blood is Life, there's ~4 actual vampirism procs between each Dagger lifesteal.
    • Procrate on the Mark of Death seems rather low, certainly closer to 2% than 5%. Vorpals are definitely more common. Might also be that it's "per attack" instead of "per hit" like above.
    • Sometimes when wielding the dagger(s) I get a "Your handwraps are cold iron" buff. I have no idea how to replicate it and it seems harmless, but it's definitely an odd one.


    Would be super nice if the daggers "On Hit" effects (at least the healing) could be fixed to actually be On Hit. If it's intended behaviour for it to be On Attack, tooltip change would be in order.
    I suspect the vampirism may be due to the change they made years ago when they increased how much it heals but added an unlisted cooldown (1 second?)

  8. #248
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Since unlocking the dagger requires to step into the plane of Dolurrh, will the Dolurrh room in the prison of the planes be able to unlock the dagger as well?

  9. #249
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Hierophant of Vol
    Truthspeaker of Khyber
    karatemack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by srxmk2 View Post
    Since unlocking the dagger requires to step into the plane of Dolurrh, will the Dolurrh room in the prison of the planes be able to unlock the dagger as well?
    It did not work when we tried.
    Active Characters: Griglok (main), Fiergen, Greyhead, Havegun
    Leader- The Casual Obsession ___Khyber___
    Feel free to join our Discord Check out my YouTube Channel
    Builds I'm Currently Playing

  10. #250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karatemack View Post
    It isn't evil aligned either. So good aligned characters can wield without penalty. Maybe that's the trade-off?
    Evil DR breaker don't give panelty on good aligned characters, see pain & suffering, it has evil DR bypass, but, it doesn't give panelty on good aligned characters.

    It's just bug. It should have evil DR bypass because, it has evil procs.

    Taint of Evil gives the penalty, but, evil DR bypass flag itself doesn't.
    “Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness.
    Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness.
    Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.”
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

  11. #251
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I suspect the vampirism may be due to the change they made years ago when they increased how much it heals but added an unlisted cooldown (1 second?)
    This internal cooldown would definitely explain it, forgot all about it.
    It would seem the cooldown is per character, and not per dagger, which is kind of sad. If it was per item, you'd occasionally see back to back procs. Right now wielding two doesn't give you any more procs

  12. #252
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Hierophant of Vol
    Truthspeaker of Khyber
    karatemack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by draven1 View Post
    Evil DR breaker don't give panelty on good aligned characters, see pain & suffering, it has evil DR bypass, but, it doesn't give panelty on good aligned characters.

    It's just bug. It should have evil DR bypass because, it has evil procs.

    Taint of Evil gives the penalty, but, evil DR bypass flag itself doesn't.
    This is an excellent point.

    Any chance we could get some additional confirmation from a dev now that the dagger's secrets have been unlocked?
    Active Characters: Griglok (main), Fiergen, Greyhead, Havegun
    Leader- The Casual Obsession ___Khyber___
    Feel free to join our Discord Check out my YouTube Channel
    Builds I'm Currently Playing

  13. #253
    2014 DDO Players Council
    SirValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    8,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by draven1 View Post
    It's just bug. It should have evil DR bypass because, it has evil procs.
    I have no opinion on whether it thematically "should" have it's base damage be of Evil type. If you think it should, I'm fine with that.

    However, the fact that it has Evil-typed procs really has nothing to do with that question. Lots of items have procs that are different from their base damage types.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

  14. #254
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Very nice concept !

    Tyvm devs for that !

    +1 for more items like that in the future !

  15. #255
    Hopeless Romantic dunklezhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Yorkshire Toxic Fringe Zone
    Posts
    6,402

    Default

    Thank you whoever updated the wiki for this.

    Iull Dagger - DDO wiki
    I:Keeper of the Crimson Covenant - DDO wiki

    ^^explanation of process & considerations in that second one is excellent. I'm never likely to own one of these but I really appreciate the clear explanation. Amazing job figuring it out, but the person who wrote that entry deserves a path on the back too. If its the same person... double kudos!

    I'd agree it's worth maybe updating the OP to say mystery solved, and maybe add those links. Well done OP for even thinking to ask the question. Everyone involved in figuring this out, really, wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

  16. #256
    Community Member Rhegnok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    4

    Default Added Information

    While I was upgrading my Dull Dagger, I stepped into and out of the Manifest Zones of Dolurrh multiple times without the dagger upgrading. I had previously been disjunctioned by the Abbot and that effect had not worn off yet. The Disjunction temporarily removed the "I will reward your faith..." effect and with that not on the dagger, it would not upgrade. Once the disjunction wore off, I stepped into the manifest zone once and it instantly upgraded. Keep an eye out for the disjunction if you plan on keeping the dagger equipped in the earlier parts of the raid, or only equip the dagger after the manifest zones begin appearing to avoid this issue.

    Also, the Keeper of the Crimson Covenant maintains any Mythic or Reaper bonuses that the Dull Dagger had on it when it upgrades.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online 12_27_2020 5_31_52 PM.png
    If anyone on Khyber is looking for assistance upgrading their dagger, let me know. I have multiple characters flagged and I enjoy that raid. You can message me in game on any of the Snuffy's.
    Snuffy
    Member of the Crimson Eagles
    Khyber

  17. #257
    Founder & Super Hero Arkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    9,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhegnok View Post
    While I was upgrading my Dull Dagger, I stepped into and out of the Manifest Zones of Dolurrh multiple times without the dagger upgrading. I had previously been disjunctioned by the Abbot and that effect had not worn off yet. The Disjunction temporarily removed the "I will reward your faith..." effect and with that not on the dagger, it would not upgrade. Once the disjunction wore off, I stepped into the manifest zone once and it instantly upgraded. Keep an eye out for the disjunction if you plan on keeping the dagger equipped in the earlier parts of the raid, or only equip the dagger after the manifest zones begin appearing to avoid this issue.

    Also, the Keeper of the Crimson Covenant maintains any Mythic or Reaper bonuses that the Dull Dagger had on it when it upgrades.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online 12_27_2020 5_31_52 PM.png
    If anyone on Khyber is looking for assistance upgrading their dagger, let me know. I have multiple characters flagged and I enjoy that raid. You can message me in game on any of the Snuffy's.
    Thanks for the additional information, Snuffy!
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown
    *12609*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

  18. #258

    Default

    Unlocking the mystery to upgrade was neato.

    However the ~2% proc rate on the instakill doesn't make enough of a difference when farming RXP to warrant using it over other options, and it's never going to beat Pain and Suffering in raids. I ended up feeding the two daggers I had pulled to a sentient jewel to make the TR cache less of a nightmare.
    DPS solves all problems. R10 or bust. Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi

  19. #259
    Community Member SpookyNoodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    Thank you whoever updated the wiki for this.

    Iull Dagger - DDO wiki
    I:Keeper of the Crimson Covenant - DDO wiki

    ^^explanation of process & considerations in that second one is excellent. I'm never likely to own one of these but I really appreciate the clear explanation. Amazing job figuring it out, but the person who wrote that entry deserves a path on the back too.
    Haha, I didn't even come across this thread until now. Thank you very much! I didn't discover the secret, but someone else on the Discord did, and I pestered them with a bunch of detailed questions until I could make sure I could explain thoroughly how the upgrade worked.
    Last edited by SpookyNoodle; 02-20-2021 at 02:02 PM.
    The Updatening - An Ongoing Project to Update Every Named Item in DDO


Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload