Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Eerie Forest (explorer area before Stealer of Souls) has an explorer where you have to kill a bunch of rats to get blood to flow to get the rare to spawn.

Just something to try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Eme View Post
    #walks into room

There's also a 'dull scythe' about

#leaves room
    #runs
    /cast dreamwalk
    /hide
    You mean the one in Rosemary's Ballad? Ran that quest a bunch of times with dagger equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by arrotoon View Post
    1)Collect all of Erandis Vol’s Missives in Epic Orchard while dagger equipped
    Tried that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Eerie Forest (explorer area before Stealer of Souls) has an explorer where you have to kill a bunch of rats to get blood to flow to get the rare to spawn.

Just something to try.
    Already done
    Donreik, Khyber

2) TR with the dagger equipped. The Blood of Vol is all about finding the “divinity within” and TR’ing is DDO’s way of gaining internal divinity. Also goes well in line with the self-sacrifice elements of the lore.
    Jump down in sands at the spot that tells you it is the perfect place to do so?

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

Has anyone tried the Barb Blood tribute while this was equipped?
    Sometimes I'm too clever for my own good. Bear in mind I'm probably trying to be humorous. Like dodge, it's hit or miss.// Looking for a guild on Orien? Send a tell or mail to Magnifique to join the "Fidelic Brotherhood".

2) TR with the dagger equipped. The Blood of Vol is all about finding the “divinity within” and TR’ing is DDO’s way of gaining internal divinity. Also goes well in line with the self-sacrifice elements of the lore.
    Tried this on lama, nothing.
    Donreik, Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Eme View Post
    did you try raging ?
    Tried now on lama as 15 cleric 5 barb, destruction, worship vol feats, deity feats, 5 blood feasts in sentient jewel on dull dagger, shield of rage triggered as usual. Nothing happened though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerevth View Post
    Has anyone tried the Barb Blood tribute while this was equipped?
    Tried on lama now with aforementioned build.
    Donreik, Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Jump down in sands at the spot that tells you it is the perfect place to do so?
    Tried, took a wopping 29 damage, i hope death by fall damage isn't the condition.
    Donreik, Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Valerianus View Post

also check if it has a hidden cannith craft extra slot and it accepts vampirism, or const damage
    Tried tossing it into the cannith stations that are found in the sharn docks, also the cannith crafting stations that are found in the crafting hall
    Donreik, Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gabbe92 View Post
    Tried tossing it into the cannith stations that are found in the sharn docks, also the cannith crafting stations that are found in the crafting hall
    Do you have the dagger on Khyber? Have you taken it through a raid night? If so maybe list which raids you have completed with it, so those can be crossed off the list of raids/raid bosses.

I'm not an expert on D&D lore, but how would one prove their faith to Vol? The two flavor texts I've seen are that 1. The weapon calls out for blood, and 2. Lady Vol says "I will reward your faith". The weapon wants blood and Vol wants faith. It definitely sounds like something that Vol doesn't like has to be hit and/or killed with the dagger. Who are Vol's enemies?
    Last edited by Fivetigers33; 10-23-2020 at 11:05 AM.
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Like the pool of water in Sunrise?
    Played in the pool, nothing.
    Donreik, Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetigers33 View Post
    Do you have the dagger on Khyber? Have you taken it through a raid night? If so maybe list which raids you have completed with it, so those can be crossed off the list of raids/raid bosses.
    Done LH Vod, MA & LOB. And Mark of Death and heroic chronoscope. Gonna hit baba and strahd later on.
    Donreik, Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetigers33 View Post
    I'm not an expert on D&D lore, but how would one prove their faith to Vol? The two flavor texts I've seen are that 1. The weapon calls out for blood, and 2. Lady Vol says "I will reward your faith". The weapon wants blood and Vol wants faith. It definitely sounds like something that Vol doesn't like has to be hit and/or killed with the dagger. Who are Vol's enemies?
    Vol's enemies in the lore is the Khorvaire elves and the dragons.
    Donreik, Khyber

Has anyone tried doing a /death with it equipped, in case it's your own blood the dagger wants?
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gabbe92 View Post
    Vol's enemies in the lore is the Khorvaire elves and the dragons.
    Kill all the dragon bosses then? VoN (once fixed), Fall of Truth, Fire on Thunder Peak, Temple of the Deathwyrm, Riding the Storm Out, Killing Time.

Maybe even Don't Drink the Water, Gianthold Tor, Search and Rescue, Newcomers, Black and Blue.
    Last edited by Fivetigers33; 10-23-2020 at 11:20 AM.
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

Apologies if I missed this being tested already:
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Itememon%27s_Blood
    and talk to the young lady who makes the boots of anchoring?

edit: the link still works but the smile is unsettling
    Sometimes I'm too clever for my own good. Bear in mind I'm probably trying to be humorous. Like dodge, it's hit or miss.// Looking for a guild on Orien? Send a tell or mail to Magnifique to join the "Fidelic Brotherhood".

Community Member

I know I said I don't want any hints from devs but it would be super if they could clear two things up.

1) Is whatever condition is required working as intended on the live servers? I.e. If someone does the right thing, it *will* work right?
    2) Is it restricted at all by race, class, feat choice? E.g. If I don't have the Vol deity feat, is it hopeless to try and figure the thing out? Technically this is a hint I guess but in the name of not completely wasting peoples time, I'll take this one. Give us a simple yes or no if you want to be as tight lipped as possible.

Hopefully devs are keeping an eye on this thread and will respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Codect View Post
    2) Is it restricted at all by race, class, feat choice
    My guess is it is this, but the vol/paladin flavor text is just a decoy. This weapon is supposed to be what replaced the paladin sword so my guess is it was changed to another class altogether, maybe pure rogue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

wait wait wait let's wait a sec ppl. i have another idea...it drops in vod, there's the big bad old suulo in there...the description mentions blood but what if it just means it has some sort of drain property? it draws blood, draws lifeforce, what if... maybe we are looking in the wrong place.

what if that dagger...is the broken sliver of time?

Quote Originally Posted by Codect View Post
    I know I said I don't want any hints from devs but it would be super if they could clear two things up.

1) Is whatever condition is required working as intended on the live servers? I.e. If someone does the right thing, it *will* work right?
    2) Is it restricted at all by race, class, feat choice? E.g. If I don't have the Vol deity feat, is it hopeless to try and figure the thing out? Technically this is a hint I guess but in the name of not completely wasting peoples time, I'll take this one. Give us a simple yes or no if you want to be as tight lipped as possible.

Hopefully devs are keeping an eye on this thread and will respond.
    This^^

Especially #1. Confirmation that the conditions are working in the live server would be nice.
    Member: Circle of Night
    Magic is a curious thing; full of hope and promise one minute, then someone summons a t-rex jet fighter to kill you.

Systems Designer

It's working. Also, no hints. I estimated 1 month from release -> completion of the puzzle, don't let me down
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast