Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Legendary Alchemical Crafting

How do I do it? Is there a planner somewhere? I know they're used with the device station on the Sharn docks but I don't want to start adding effects without any sort of plan. Is there any articles or anything about it anywhere?

Wow thanks for the help community..

Legendary Alchemical weapons will now allow the player to choose which element, and which upgrade path, they would like their items to use with any alchemical weapon. What this essentially means is that using a small amount of alchemical crafting components and threads of fate players are not bound by any specific weapon type correlation with an element. All Legendary Alchemical weapons may be a Fire, Cold, Earth, or Electric item. In addition, at each tier, players may choose between the Martial or Mystical upgrade paths. This choice is independent of other tiers – so you can make an item with all Mystical or all Martial or a mix of the two at your choice.

How to Access
    Legendary Alchemical Blanks are available on the Loot Guy in the center of the testdojo. Cannith Forging stations are available in the Test Dojo. Ingredients are available on the platinum Auction House.

Item Blanks Available
    Orb
    Buckler
    Small Shield
    Large Shield
    Tower Shield
    Runearm
    Shortsword
    Heavy Pick
    Rapier
    Dwarven Waraxe
    Handwraps
    Longsword
    Battleaxe
    Handaxe
    Dagger
    Kukri
    Scimitar
    Khopesh
    Sickle
    Kama
    Warhammer
    Light Mace

Ingredient Cost
    Elemental Binding 100 Threads of Fate
    Tier 1 Upgrade 1 Energizing Alloy, 1 Caustic Compound, 1 Stabilizing Compound, 100 Threads of Fate
    Tier 2 Upgrade 1 Dampening Alloy, 1 Caustic Compound, 1 Stabilizing Compound, 250 Threads of Fate
    Tier 3 Upgrade 1 Energizing Alloy, 1 Caustic Compound, 1 Stabilizing Compound, 500 Threads of Fate

Fire Bound Upgrade Path
    Martial
    Tier 1: Flaming Blast 10d6 & Overwhelming Incineration This weapon stores the power of a raging inferno deep within. Occasionally, this destructive power comes to the surface, devastating enemies with overwhelming fire damage.
    Tier 2: Legendary Fiery Detonation This weapon is imbued with a fiery wrath. On an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit this burning power will be released, dealing damage to the target and all enemies near it for 30d6 + 90 fire damage. A successful Fortitude save (DC 100) reduces this by half.
    Tier 3: +0.5(W), Purple Augment Slot, & Alchemical Strength +2 OR Alchemical Charisma
    Mystical
    Tier 1: Fire Lore 32% & Combustion 219
    Tier 2: Improved Fire Augmentation IX
    Tier 3: +0.5(W), Orange Augment Slot, & Alchemical Fire Attunement Attacks and offensive spells have a small chance to deal massive fire damage.

Cold Bound Upgrade Path
    Martial
    Tier 1: Icey Blast 10d6 & Concentrated Corrosive Salt This weapon stores a caustiv, insatiable power deep within. When this weapon is used, this power can come to the surface in the form of a noxious, corrosive salt that dissolves all material.
    Tier 2: Legendary Freezing Gale This weapon is imbued with a frigid wrath. On an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit this freezing power will be released, dealing damage to the target and all enemies near it for 30d6 + 90 cold damage. A successful Will save (DC 100) reduces this by half.
    Tier 3: +0.5(W), Purple Augment Slot, & Alchemical Intelligence +2 OR Alchemical Wisdom +2
    Mystical
    Tier 1: Ice Lore 32% & Glaciation +219
    Tier 2: Improved Cold Augmentation IX
    Tier 3: +0.5(W), Orange Augment Slot, & Alchemical Water Attunement Attacks and offensive spells have a chance to inflict ten stacks of cold damage over time, fading one stack at a time. This effect has an internal cooldown.

Earth Bound Upgrade Path
    Martial
    Tier 1: Acid Blast 10d6 & Legendary Stone Prison This weapon is invested with the power of the Earth. On an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit it will attempt to turn the target to stone, as the Flesh to Stone spell. A successful Fortitude save (DC 100) negates the effect.
    Tier 2: Legendary Acid Torrent On an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit this power will be released, dealing damage to the target and all enemies near it for 30d6 + 90 acid damage. A successful Reflex save (DC 100) reduces this by half.
    Tier 3: +0.5(W), Purple Augment Slot, & Alchemical Constitution +2
    Mystical
    Tier 1: Acid Lore 32% & Corrosion +219
    Tier 2: Improved Acid Augmentation IX
    Tier 3: +0.5(W), Orange Augment Slot, & Alchemical Earth Attunement Attack and offensive spells deal stacking acid damage over time.

Electric Bound Upgrade Path
    Martial
    Tier 1: Shocking Blast 10d6 & Sovereign Lightning Strike This item crackles with power, flickers of lightning emanating from it. On any vorpal strike that is confirmed as a critical hit, this item will strike your foe with a tremendous burst of lightning. A DC 100 Reflex save will prevent half of this damage.
    Tier 2: Legendary Electric Storm On an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit this power will be released, dealing damage to the target and all enemies near it for 30d6 + 90 electric damage. A successful Reflex save (DC 100) reduces this by half.
    Tier 3: +0.5(W), Purple Augment Slot, & Alchemical Dexterity +2
    Mystical
    Tier 1: Lightning Lore 32% & Magnetism +219
    Tier 2: Improved Electric Augmentation IX
    Tier 3: +0.5(W), Orange Augment Slot, & Alchemical Air Attunement Attacks and offensive spells have a small chance to deal massive electric damag
    Last edited by Stales; 10-19-2020 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stales View Post
    You're welcome, try search next time

Legendary Alchemical weapons will now allow the player to choose which element, and which upgrade path, they would like their items to use with any alchemical weapon. What this essentially means is that using a small amount of alchemical crafting components and threads of fate players are not bound by any specific weapon type correlation with an element. All Legendary Alchemical weapons may be a Fire, Cold, Earth, or Electric item. In addition, at each tier, players may choose between the Martial or Mystical upgrade paths. This choice is independent of other tiers – so you can make an item with all Mystical or all Martial or a mix of the two at your choice.

How to Access
    Legendary Alchemical Blanks are available on the Loot Guy in the center of the testdojo. Cannith Forging stations are available in the Test Dojo. Ingredients are available on the platinum Auction House.
    The info you have posted is from the preview server and way outdated.

Lynnabel updated the effects and system quite alot since that first post. What I assume the OP (and I) were hoping for is current info relating to the actual implementation on live
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

Afaik this is the least outdated info available:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6361246

If someone has better info it would be splendid to see.
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

Community Member

I've slapped something on the wiki.
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Alchemical_Crafting#Legendary

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    I've slapped something on the wiki.
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Alchemical_Crafting#Legendary
    Thanks. This is a good start.

When I place my legendary alchemical blank in the crafting station the recipes listed give like level 5 stats. There's no way I'm going to start crafting on this thing until I get confirmation of what the exact numbers are.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    When I place my legendary alchemical blank in the crafting station the recipes listed give like level 5 stats. There's no way I'm going to start crafting on this thing until I get confirmation of what the exact numbers are.
    So I updated the wiki with some numbers from this thread.

Nice. Thanks for the information.

Community Member

I had a look at the descriptions in the Cannith Reforging Station (Sharn Docks), and the Mystical path appears to be granting +30/+5% Equipment bonus’ to spell power/crit chance.

On level 29 weapons.

Which is lower than a level one Cannith crafted weapon.

Additionally, the alchemical stat bonus is listed as +2, which is the same as the level 18 heroic alchemical.

I certainly hope this is a manifestation of poor QC and a failure to proof-read the text before it got published.

Quoted from the link posted above

All crafting options display non-scaled numbers before crafting. For example, Spell Resistance +1 and Magical Sheltering +1 in the barter window. Once crafted, it's Spell Resistance +49 and Magical Sheltering +55.

Quote Originally Posted by Evean View Post
    I certainly hope this is a manifestation of poor QC and a failure to proof-read the text before it got published.
    It is neither.

All crafting systems in DDO today have a base ability that scales to the level of the items we put them on. So you do not see the value on the ability until you have put it on the item.

In cannith crafting for example you make the same constitution shard for a lvl 1 and a lvl 30 item. Then the constitution stat scales to the level of the item you put it on. All crafting systems work like that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    It is neither.

All crafting systems in DDO today have a base ability that scales to the level of the items we put them on. So you do not see the value on the ability until you have put it on the item.

In cannith crafting for example you make the same constitution shard for a lvl 1 and a lvl 30 item. Then the constitution stat scales to the level of the item you put it on. All crafting systems work like that now.

True but this is still not ok. When crafting It should be very clear exactly what bonus I am getting.
    Last edited by Satyriasys; 10-22-2020 at 05:33 PM.

Community Member

Default Incorrect

Incorrect.

Off the top or my head; heroic alchemical, epic, greensteel, legendary greesteel, thunderforged, TOEE, stone of change… do not follow this “rule.”

I’m confidant there are several others.

In fact, I believe the updated Cannith crafting system is the only one that does.

Community Member

I was testing some of these today on lamania never once saw stone prison or sovereign lightning strike proc on a 20 I assume they are broken. I thought these were supposed to be offhand only weapons yet i was able to craft, equip and use them in the mainhand and offhand. One annoying thing I noted was have two elemental attunements active cancels them both out. Also tested the fire attunement from the feywild gloves both air and fire seem to have such a low proc rate that its not worth crafting them less than 5%. Earth stacks 5 times around 200-300 damage max. Fire was around 1300-2600 and air I saw as low as 1700-1800 to around 2400.

Systems Designer

Incorrect.

Off the top or my head; heroic alchemical, epic, greensteel, legendary greesteel, thunderforged, TOEE, stone of change… do not follow this “rule.”

In fact, I believe the updated Cannith crafting system is the only one that does.
    This is incorrect. Our scaling mutations do in fact not display properly in crafting stations - this is why the option names/descriptions often need to be hand edited by a designer to show appropriate numbers. In the Result Add/Remove Mutations window that will pop up during hovering over a recipe, it will always show a base value - the value that would be granted were the ilevel exactly 0.
    Last edited by Lynnabel; 10-23-2020 at 09:16 AM.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Community Member

Incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    This is incorrect. Our scaling mutations do in fact not display properly in crafting stations - this is why the option names/descriptions often need to be hand edited by a designer to show appropriate numbers. In the Result Add/Remove Mutations window that will pop up during hovering over a recipe, it will always show a base value - the value that would be granted were the ilevel exactly 0.
    Then there’s a miscommunication somewhere along the line, or my client (MacOS 10.12.6) isn’t functioning properly. Dragavon said “you do not see the value on the ability until you have put it on the item.” This is not the case for:

Heroic Alchemical: When I go to a Cannith Binding Station and type in “water” it shows me “Icy Burst” and describes the effect. It shows me the actual values, not a base that is then scaled, and it does so before I click “craft.”

Heroic Greensteel: When I go to the Altar of Devastation and scroll through the lists of effects, before placing ingredients the in the altar, before clicking “craft,” it shows me actual values such as “Intelligence Skills - Exceptional bonus +6” or “Ice Guard II” or “Inherent Cold Resistance - 10.” In all of these, it describes the actual value, not a base number that is to be scaled, and it does so before I click “craft.”

Legendary Greensteel: Same as heroic. When you scroll through the available options, you are shown actual values, before you click “craft” (I could be wrong about this one as I’m not currently in LShroud).

Thunder-Forged: When I go to the Magma Forge and look through the list of available options, it shows me actual values, before I click craft. Such as “Touch of Flames: On Hit: 10 to 60 Fire Damage.”

Heroic Slave-Lords: When I go to Garvon and look through the list of gems I can make, it shows me actual values, before I click craft. Such as “Slaver’s Strength: +5 Enhancement bonus to Strength.”

Legendary Slave-Lords: When I go to Garvon and look through the list of gems I can make, it shows me actual values, before I click craft. Such as “Legendary Slavers Strength: +12 Enhancement bonus to Strength.”

Heroic TOEE: When I go to the Overgrown Workbench and scroll through the list of options, it shows me actual values, before I click craft. Such as “Fiery Detonation: This weapon is imbued with a fiery wrath. On an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit this burning power will be released, dealing damage to the target and all enemies near it for 15d6 fire damage. A successful Fortitude save (DC 39) reduces this by half.”

Epic TOEE: When I go to the Overgrown Workbench and scroll through the list of options, it shows me actual values, before I click craft. Such as “Greater Fiery Detonation: This weapon is imbued with a fiery wrath. On an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit this burning power will be released, dealing damage to the target and all enemies near it for 30d3 + 90 fire damage. A successful Fortitude save (DC 90) reduces this by half.”

There are probably others I’m not remembering. Epic and Stone of Change display nothing so I removed them from the list. I have not seen what you describe which leads me to believe you’re talking about something from a programming perspective, and not what the end user sees. Sorry I couldn’t post screen shots, hopefully this makes sense.
    Last edited by Evean; 10-26-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Systems Designer

I have not seen what you describe which leads me to believe you’re talking about something from a programming perspective, and not what the end user sees. Sorry I couldn’t post screen shots, hopefully this makes sense.
    Check the "Add/Remove Mutations" window that pops up - that hover-over is what we're talking about. Not the actual descriptions in the recipes themselves. Here's an example of Slavers showing the disconnect, with some helpful MS Paint red circles drawn in to help draw your eye to where our UI forgets how numbers work and gives up entirely:

100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Check the "Add/Remove Mutations" window that pops up - that hover-over is what we're talking about. Not the actual descriptions in the recipes themselves. Here's an example of Slavers showing the disconnect, with some helpful MS Paint red circles drawn in to help draw your eye to where our UI forgets how numbers work and gives up entirely:

I’ve not noticed that before. Surely the inconsistencies in the text are by accident, and not by design? Regardless, I’m confident you can see how this might cause confusion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast