Default attack key set up

My husband saw me playing the other night and almost laughed at my key bashing. I have to hit the F key or right mouse key everytime I want my inquis to fire.

On the other hand he just holds his F key down and his characters keep attacking.

I changed my key mapping to match his so the Attack has an F in both places. So F is primary and secondary for attack. It didn't matter, I sill can't hold down the key.

Note that I have autoattack on but it only works if I'm being hit. As a range toon, I try to stay out of the way.

Any ideas?

Bobbing bird? (Simpsons reference )

thanks
    Why not invite your spouse to play?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycaren View Post
    My husband saw me playing the other night and almost laughed at my key bashing. I have to hit the F key or right mouse key everytime I want my inquis to fire.

On the other hand he just holds his F key down and his characters keep attacking.

I changed my key mapping to match his so the Attack has an F in both places. So F is primary and secondary for attack. It didn't matter, I sill can't hold down the key.

Note that I have autoattack on but it only works if I'm being hit. As a range toon, I try to stay out of the way.

Any ideas?

Bobbing bird? (Simpsons reference )

thanks
    Do you have keys set to NOT repeat in Windows? Is accessability settings turned on? When you hold down a key here on the forums, does it repeat? fffffffffffffffffffff?

Auto-attack only works if I actually have a mob targeted, so it relies on the Tab key to select a target (and, hopefully, the proper target) at all times.

For ranged, once you have IPS, you want "Tab" to select the farthest target first, which is an [o]ption that you can toggle.

Meanwhile, any crate/barrel I happen to select also becomes a target, which can be a good/bad thing, depending.
    The Basics of DDO / "Select Adventure Pack" Sales & "How to choose an Adventure Pack"

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." Bill Murray

Quote Originally Posted by crazycaren View Post
    You have attack mapped to your RIGHT mouse key? Are you using the "classic" template?

Do you maybe have Auto-attack on double-click turned on, so you keep turning your auto-attack on and off with all that button mashing? Check in the Gameplay options and see if that's checked.

Community Member IlmerSilverhilt's Avatar

Hold down your mousebutton to attack! Ive played since the beginning so I think I use Classic template, LMB interact RMB attack, you can either click or hold.
    Ilmer Silverhilt, 36pt (Half) Elf Rogue10/Monk6/Fighter4. The Kighter
    Mesmerita d'Jorasco, 36pt PDK Bard20. Can't talk, TR'ing!
    Acrobot, 36pt Gnome Banker/Puppet/Guildeader
    The Adventure Pack(200), Cannith. Join us!

(not currently) Livestreaming on Twitch.tv/mesmerita - My YouTube

Okay, so, turns out there is actually an option under gameplay options for "Click and Hold to Attack" see:

Make sure that be on, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Do you have keys set to NOT repeat in Windows? Is accessability settings turned on? When you hold down a key here on the forums, does it repeat? fffffffffffffffffffff?

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff yes it repeats

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Okay, so, turns out there is actually an option under gameplay options for "Click and Hold to Attack" see:

Make sure that be on, yo.
    That did it! You're awesome

Here's my casual keybinds:

I believe my movement is vanilla:
    Left click: Attack.
    Right Click: Aim/turn with character.
    Shift: Block/Tumble
    Space: Jump
    R: Autorun.
    T: Lock camera into aim/turn.
    Middle Mouse (Mouse 3): Aim camera without turning character.

Hotbar shortcuts:
    1, 2, 3, 4
    Q,E
    C,V
    F
    Mouse Back + Forward (Mouse 4,5)

On casters, mouse back/forward are my primary Nukes.
    F,C,V are my AoE's (F is always Firewall lol)
    Q,E are CC or other misc stuff. 1,2,3,4 are extra stuff to use.

On melee, F is trip, V is Sunder, everything else is enhancement clickies or maybe a Rage potion or Haste potion.
    I use mouse back/forward for switching between melee and ranged weapons.

Characters that can heal use 1,2,3,4 for the various healing spells / items / abilities.

I solo so this setup has a huge lack of party targeting.