Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Umm... what is the Witch Hat for Creature Companions? I've seen the Wizard Hat, but I can't actually find an image or even a reference to a "Witch Hat" anywhere.

Is there a pic for the "Pet Rock"? There is none on the wiki.

Community Member

So it's a choice between donating to the individual or the group, and getting the associated reward? Are other individuals offering different rewards to bribe us to donate to them instead of you? Who's got the best giveaways? :P

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    My rate of success in getting every donation rewarded is generally great but sure. I will follow up with a few people next Wednesday. Part of the reason I dropped in person meetups for all future charity drives is the year Slarden earned one I had more than 50 to do and simply not enough time to do it while navigating parenting and life so some of those plans totally fell apart and I am sorry about that. Would be happy to get you sorted if we can get the schedules aligned which if I recall was a challenge.
    Thank you for the info Cordovan! You have a message from me as well when you get time. I'm really looking forward to the new expansion!

Community Member

I am interested in potentially making some sort of pledge based on fixes being made to in-game descriptions. Would this be allowed? Is this an okay type of donation to make for this fundraiser? And is there any interest from the developer side?

Something like "I will donate $2 for every in-game description which is fixed to align with the actual implementation, up to *some limit on the total*" (might use different numbers for actual donation, but this shows the main idea).

Note: I'm not asking you to actually change how anything is implemented; I'm just asking for you to update in-game descriptions. Some examples: Multivial seems to be MCL 20 but description says MCL 10. Precision Lenses do not actually apply the manslayer effect. Dirge does not actually scale with caster level. For these examples it would be sufficient to change Multivial to say MCL20, Precision Lenses to remove the text about the manslayer effect, and Dirge to remove the phrase "for every two caster levels". (Of course, if you instead changed the implementation to match the description, I would count that, too!)

If you're interested, I would be happy to compile a list of things whose descriptions I would like to see fixed, and even describe the current implementation so you could update the description accordingly. Let me know!

Community Manager

Thank you everyone for making this launch a huge success! We're shining a spotlight on just how great the DDO community is. I have been unavailable in recent days due to real life commitments along with a little thing called Update 47 and the launch of our Feywild prepurchase, but I will be starting to work on this in the coming days.

I just want to make sure to set an expectation that while I will be working to get people their codes as soon as I can, it'll be a while. In the formal announcement I gave myself an "after November 15th" start date on distribution, but if I can get started earlier I will.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Manager

Wow! I am frankly floored that we hit our $20,000 goal this evening. Well done and holy moley! We'll of course be keeping the donation drive going all the way through the end.
    Join us on Twitch!

Congrats, and thanks to everyone for donating!

-Bel

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Wow! I am frankly floored that we hit our $20,000 goal this evening. Well done and holy moley! We'll of course be keeping the donation drive going all the way through the end.
    Daybreak Games really came through with a $5,000 donation today. Wow!
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

@Cordo

Hey I PM'd ya after donating sir idk what the response time is just please don't forget about me. <3

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Yokido View Post
    @Cordo

Hey I PM'd ya after donating sir idk what the response time is just please don't forget about me. <3
    I won't! I am hoping to start doing this work this weekend, but we'll see. I wouldn't expect to hear back from me until next week is my guess.
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Gai-jin View Post
    So it's a choice between donating to the individual or the group, and getting the associated reward? Are other individuals offering different rewards to bribe us to donate to them instead of you? Who's got the best giveaways? :P
    I am of the understanding that there are group goals and individual goals. So, individually, you get these things for donating. As a whole group, everyone who donated gets to have a shot at this.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Aneles View Post
    I am of the understanding that there are group goals and individual goals. So, individually, you get these things for donating. As a whole group, everyone who donated gets to have a shot at this.
    Yup!
    Join us on Twitch!

C'mon guys ramp up the donations! If we grossly exceed their expectations we might get shinies!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12