Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Who is lynnabel?

I have been playing DDO for 11 years, I keep seeing threads for lynnabel. Who is lynnabel?

Systems Designer

Me! I'm a designer here at Standing Stone Games and I've been working on DDO in some capacity since 2016 :) I do loot design, enhancement tree and class design, and a lot of other stuff that's way too boring to mention. I play Magic: The Gathering competitively, crochet while I wait for things to compile, and my favorite DDO build is 12 bard 6 fighter 2 rogue in Shadowdancer.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Default Stick around, we love what you've done to the place

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Me! I'm a designer here at Standing Stone Games and I've been working on DDO in some capacity since 2016 I do loot design, enhancement tree and class design, and a lot of other stuff that's way too boring to mention. I play Magic: The Gathering competitively, crochet while I wait for things to compile, and my favorite DDO build is 12 bard 6 fighter 2 rogue in Shadowdancer.
    I have been been playing here since 2009, and the game just keeps getting better. Thank you for your contributions :-)

also... competitive crocheting... just throwing it out there, you are already armed with throwing darts

OOOO... Lynnabel's Bug Killer! you should redesign it to be a throwing dart, and update the icon to be a pair of crochet needles!

and for the level 30 version add

Lynnabel's Entanglement: On vorpal hit, target becomes entangled for 6 seconds in... yarn?!
    Last edited by portcityguy; 09-16-2020 at 10:12 PM. Reason: add more
    The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination -Albert Einstein

Community Member

...I play Magic: The Gathering competitively...
    I miss my old Millstone Deck ! and

okay, ok, semi on topic since this is a DDO board

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Mortas View Post
    okay, ok, semi on topic since this is a DDO board

snip
    I was given one of these by a dear friend, it's in my Sram EDH deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Talafar View Post
    Who is lynnabel?
    I'll do you one better! *WHY* is Lynnabel?
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Setting Unarmed Strike back to what it was and attacking the real problem: Reinforced Fists items.
    • Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for Bear and Wolf wildshapes!
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Keep Lynnabel on task with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.
    • Finishing the enhancement tree passes (including racial PrE’s) before rolling out yet another DDOStore™ Enhancement Tree.

Community Member

my favorite DDO build is 12 bard 6 fighter 2 rogue in Shadowdancer.
    That used to be my split, liked it so much...great defensive synergy and 22% bonus run speed...but just couldn't stand the lack of competitive dps.

You should try trading rogue for cleric. Divine Might is a huge boost to your baseline damage and if you go cha based (pdk short sword or hand axe with FI next patch) then you can get crazy charges of CaF which helps shore up your lack of aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    I'll do you one better! *WHY* is Lynnabel?
    You ask who is Lynnabel and why is Lynnabel, but no one ever asks... how is Lynnabel?

Cool

Me! I'm a designer here at Standing Stone Games and I've been working on DDO in some capacity since 2016 I do loot design, enhancement tree and class design, and a lot of other stuff that's way too boring to mention. I play Magic: The Gathering competitively, crochet while I wait for things to compile, and my favorite DDO build is 12 bard 6 fighter 2 rogue in Shadowdancer.
    Thank you. Your name seems to make people excited, like seeing a movie star walking down the street. Maybe they think you have a magic wand.

From one Developer to another, great work! : )

He also runs a cooking show about instant noodles.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Gregen View Post
    You ask who is Lynnabel and why is Lynnabel, but no one ever asks... how is Lynnabel?
    Pretty good, how about yourself?

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Top facts about Lynnabel from Top Gear:

Some say he never blinks, and that he roams around the woods at night foraging for wolves. All we know is he’s called Lynnabel.

Some say he is illegal in 17 US states, and he blinks this way [sideways]. All we know is he’s called Lynnabel.

Some say that his voice can only be heard by cats, and that he has two sets of knees. All we know is he’s called Lynnabel.

Some say that he sucks the moisture from ducks, and that his crash helmet is modeled on Britney Spears’ head. All we know is he’s called Lynnabel.

Some say that he invented the curtain, and that he recently submitted a £20,000 expenses claim for some gravel, for his moat. All we know is he’s called Lynnabel.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Good to have ya, Lynnabel. OP, if you don't know the loot goddess, don't blame your luck for non-optimal loot.

How long does it take to build DDO to test locally? It sounds like a long time...

12 bard/6 fighter/2 rogue. Dex build? Or Cha primary/Dex Secondary/Con Tiertiary? Gnome? Halfing? Sound Burst Coup De Grace throwing build? Why not Shiradi if throwing?

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Pretty good, how about yourself?

She is also one of those crazy mythical creatures who was a player before becoming a dev. *remembers playing with da Lich waaaay back when... I think someone else has taken over that name since*

...She was also was an intern for a while before becoming a fully fledged dev, and during that time took care of many 'minor' things (spelling mistakes, etc), many of which we pointed out via various forum threads here, which were often met with a "hey, I can fix that! ... There, it's fixed. You'll see it change on the next update", which may seem like an insignificant thing to even have to mention, but it meant SO MUCH to so very many of us, the communication, the enthusiasm, the getting stuff done and letting us see it get done, that we still get the warm fuzzies when the name Lynnabel is even mentioned. (and she continues to be awesome-sauce to this day)
    Last edited by vryxnr; 09-18-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Stay put Lynn! You are awesome-sauce

One of the best.

I've seen several public scoldings where the prior staff had clearly told Lynnabel why they shouldn't engage, and a public "see I told you so" in the couple of instances (out of thousands) when engaging went bad.

Of course we all know that what Lynnabel has done (communicate, communicate, resolve things) should be a model for the rest of the staff.

There is probably a better position for Lynnabel somewhere higher up in SSG's ranks, if they happen to open up.

Community Member

Here's the real question....

IS Lynnabel?

I'm just saying...I've never seen him and FeatherOfSun in the same room together...

/conspiracytheory

......crochet while I wait for things to compile.....
    this line made my brain cells recall this stuff from somewhere in my head. it's their fault. knitting is not crochet but well, now i must link it anyway. sharing some totally unrelated funny things.

https://heavymetalknitting.com/

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Here's the real question....

IS Lynnabel?

I'm just saying...I've never seen him and FeatherOfSun in the same room together...

/conspiracytheory
    Please don't give the devs existential crises. We need them to continue working on the game. Also, It's good to hear you are doing well Lynnabel.

This Lynnabel fellow sounds interesting, I'd kind of like to meet them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast