Default Question: shifters and illusionist part of pre-purchase?

Are these part of a pre-purchase package for the Feywild expansion? Or, are these being released separately as part of U47? Aasimar/Vistani and Tiefling/Inquisitive were part of the Ravenloft and Sharn packages. Does this mean we're getting the pre-purchase for the Feywild expansion soon or are we simply previewing things for later this year? Money is often a bit tight, and I like to save up a bit if there's a nice pre-purchase coming.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Community Member

With the past xpacks done with this model (Ravenloft / Sharn), there are 3 "editions" of the xpack released. The base version has the quests and the race. The medium version has in addition some shards / pots and char slot, cosmetics, the heroic version of the summoned hire, and the universal tree. The top end version has in addition the iconic, a teleport item, and the epic summoned hire, and the book with a point.

The xpacks usually go on sale about month before release, and when you purchase, the non-quest stuff is immediately granted to your account. Then on release day, the quests become available to play also - after a downtime to get them live. To be clear, the iconic, the race, the universal tree, and all the cosmetics or pots or shards or other rewards, were all available to play and granted at purchase, about a month before the official release of the quest content.

Quote Originally Posted by Tist View Post
    With the past xpacks done with this model (Ravenloft / Sharn), there are 3 "editions" of the xpack released. The base version has the quests and the race. The medium version has in addition some shards / pots and char slot, cosmetics, the heroic version of the summoned hire, and the universal tree. The top end version has in addition the iconic, a teleport item, and the epic summoned hire, and the book with a point.

The xpacks usually go on sale about month before release, and when you purchase, the non-quest stuff is immediately granted to your account. Then on release day, the quests become available to play also - after a downtime to get them live. To be clear, the iconic, the race, the universal tree, and all the cosmetics or pots or shards or other rewards, were all available to play and granted at purchase, about a month before the official release of the quest content.
    I know how they work, I've purchased the top bundle for the last three expansions. My concern is more about timing and when Feywild is actually going to be available for preorder. If the race/tree is part of the expansion, then that would mean preorders would be available very soon, and yet we're not expecting the expansion until much later this year (or early next year).
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tist View Post
    and the book with a point.
    This in particular has me wondering what +1 AP thing will be available with Feywild.

If I had to guess, I'd speculate that it's +1 Epic AP to spend on Epic Destiny abilities (which are apparently getting reworked with Feywild).
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    This in particular has me wondering what +1 AP thing will be available with Feywild.

If I had to guess, I'd speculate that it's +1 Epic AP to spend on Epic Destiny abilities (which are apparently getting reworked with Feywild).
    I guess a +4 fate tome would be nice, and yeah, it would work with the epic destiny stuff they're changing.

Community Member

Maybe the book will be something for the new legendary advancement system.

I think they could easily put out another (stacking) racial point book without too much unbalance, since loads of players don't have that many racial past life*3s. I could see them actually selling maybe up to 3 or 4 more stacking racial points before having to worry about balance too much.

2016 DDO Players Council
    Hierophant of Vol
    Truthspeaker of Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    I guess a +4 fate tome would be nice, and yeah, it would work with the epic destiny stuff they're changing.
    I thought this was wild speculation? Is there a thread confirming these changes?
    Active Characters: Griglok (main), Fiergen, Greyhead, Havegun
    Leader- The Casual Obsession ___Khyber___
    Feel free to join our Discord
    Builds I'm Currently Playing

Quote Originally Posted by karatemack View Post
    I thought this was wild speculation? Is there a thread confirming these changes?
    The context of the change is speculation, it was my impression that the fact that it was changing was confirmed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by karatemack View Post
    I've seen this pop up a few times and have NEVER seen the devs mention epic destinies lol. It's possible I missed it but I usually keep up with the lam dev tracker. Guess it could've been in a livestream or something.
    My main Orien Bozos - Mozenrath, Messam, Yashamaru, Quackerjack

Hardcore bozos - Koganei, Hoid

The epic destiny changes were mentioned on a livestream a couple months back when a bunch of the devs were talking on webcams.