Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Transfers from hardcore

So transfers are mostly back excpet for hardcore, when are we expecting to be allowed to gather our dead back to living servers? Was hoping to continue working on the ones that didn't make it but still in limbo and only 2 weeks to closure.

Community Member

If it's like prior seasons, free transfers will be made available shortly after S3 ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    World Transfers from Hardcore will be done after the end of the season.
    Dev Tracker is your friend.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Dev Tracker is your friend.

Cheers, previous sessions we didn't have to wait until the end, could bring out the dead any time.

Quote Originally Posted by sudzz View Post
    Cheers, previous sessions we didn't have to wait until the end, could bring out the dead any time.
    Nope
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    Nope
    First season, had to wait.
    Second season, could transfer at any time.
    Third season, back to waiting til end.

Been there, done it.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Community Manager

Once the season ends we'll likely open up transfers for a period of something around 30 days. Season runs through September 22nd. It'll shut down most likely the morning of the 23rd when we take the worlds down for the weekly maintenance.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Once the season ends we'll likely open up transfers for a period of something around 30 days. Season runs through September 22nd. It'll shut down most likely the morning of the 23rd when we take the worlds down for the weekly maintenance.
    Quick question, wont there be extensions? we had all those lag issues and downtimes, the wayfinder rollback(i got a bit scared of playing) that cost us some good playtime. Even more because im back to work now, so even a few extra days are valuable, since i now have even less time to play.

Just confirming that
    Darkzess - Sturdycaster (Retired Wiz) - Stormfists - Zeess (Art) - Zessx (FvS)
    Thelanis
    ~I'm Back!~

Quote Originally Posted by Zess-wolf View Post
    Quick question, wont there be extensions? we had all those lag issues and downtimes, the wayfinder rollback(i got a bit scared of playing) that cost us some good playtime. Even more because im back to work now, so even a few extra days are valuable, since i now have even less time to play.

Just confirming that
    Zess.....come on man Extend HC season. been going forever. Come on man.
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

Quote Originally Posted by Zess-wolf View Post
    Quick question, wont there be extensions?
    No.

They've made it pretty clear that "no extensions" is the policy. It's a competition - you don't change the rules to a competition mid-game.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Question

Can anybody tell me what does NOT get transferred ?

I have already read guides,
    and do I understand this right that the normal, non-shared babnk account will be transferred and the character inventory as well ?

Do I understand this correctly that every item I want to have transferred MUST be in the character's inventory ? Or in the normal, non-shared bank ?
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    Can anybody tell me what does NOT get transferred ?

I have already read guides,
    and do I understand this right that the normal, non-shared babnk account will be transferred and the character inventory as well ?

Do I understand this correctly that every item I want to have transferred MUST be in the character's inventory ? Or in the normal, non-shared bank ?
    Right, everything in your character's inventory and personal bank will transfer. Anything left in the shared bank will not transfer.

If you have a lot of stuff you want to take and can't fit it on the character(s) you want to transfer, you can still create new characters after the season has ended and transfer them. For the past seasons, the transfer period has been at least a couple weeks so if you are short on character slots on your desired server, just send over the new mule, unload it, delete it and send the next. Transfers were pretty quick as well, < 15 mins for the ones I've done.
    Per Cocomajobo - Ranged has easy access to AOE - apparently 3 feats, BAB 11 and Dex 19 is considered easy access these days. post here

Dedicated Teams: be part of a larger community.
    You never hear anyone say: "Yeah, but it's a dry cold."
    Adventurers never forget. Adventurers still hate Coyle!

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Thank you, that was helpful for me.

I had a few good gold rolls I don't want to lose.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Default Shortly...?

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    If it's like prior seasons, free transfers will be made available shortly after S3 ends.
    Shortly isn't exactly a time line. Today is the 23rd...the day after S3 is complete, past down time, still unable to see hardcore on the server list to transfer From. What, precisely, is the time line? Does anyone know? I'd really like to keep playing my characters...sooner than later.

Default So...?

When is the Hardcore server going to be available to make transfers "From" to another server? Additionally, are all characters on Hardcore going to be free to transfer?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by massage1 View Post
    Additionally, are all characters on Hardcore going to be free to transfer?
    Yes, all hardcore characters are free to transfer, along with their inventories and personal banks.
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

Community Member

Smile good question

Quote Originally Posted by donblas View Post
    Yes, all hardcore characters are free to transfer, along with their inventories and personal banks.
    Yes it is now September 24th Hardcore server is still down and I kinda wanted to play on gland but I can't transfer my toons..lol I didn't wanna make a new character if I already have one in waiting . Sorry I am kind of excited is all

Community Manager

People shouldn't expect transfers to begin immediately as we do want to do a bit of work on our end to capture and preserve relevant information before reopening the game world. That said, shouldn't be too long.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Default thanks

People shouldn't expect transfers to begin immediately as we do want to do a bit of work on our end to capture and preserve relevant information before reopening the game world. That said, shouldn't be too long.
    Sorry I am new to HC and I felt let in the air as I promised my guild leader I would transfer them to her server. I was not sure about when they begin or any or that. Really sorry if I seemed impatient. I didn't want to make the same class on her server if i could helped it lol

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Cytherea View Post
    Sorry I am new to HC and I felt let in the air as I promised my guild leader I would transfer them to her server. I was not sure about when they begin or any or that. Really sorry if I seemed impatient. I didn't want to make the same class on her server if i could helped it lol
    No problem! The expectation is that we'll have news in the near future. Since it is already Thursday afternoon, might be next week, but we'll see.
    Join us on Twitch!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast