Default No Xp for Scoundrel

Hi all, a buddy of mine was running a Scoundrel with be but had not leveled it up to 15 now he has gotten a little xp but none from the quests. Its says that he has received the xp but his xp bar is not affected, is this just because he didn't level to 15 or is it just a glitch? Thanks
    “It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” from, The Lord of the Rings.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ViggoEvan View Post
    Hi all, a buddy of mine was running a Scoundrel with be but had not leveled it up to 15 now he has gotten a little xp but none from the quests. Its says that he has received the xp but his xp bar is not affected, is this just because he didn't level to 15 or is it just a glitch? Thanks
    You can't earn xp more than 2 levels ahead, e.g. if you're level 5 you can bank level 6 and earn up to 1 xp short of level 7 through standard quests and then you just stop earning any more. There are exceptions including xp stones from boxes, daily dice, and monster manual, and probably other bits and pieces which is why he has a little extra xp. Once you are both level 14 he'll start earning XP with you but in the meantime he's just keeping you company for fun.
    Nistafa on Khyber

If I understand what you are asking, I think it is completely normal.

Iconic characters start with enough xp to reach level 15.

In general, you cannot gain any xp that would increase your total to more than what is needed to attain 2 levels above your current level. (For example, if you are level 4, you stop gaining xp when you have enough xp to reach lvl 6.)

There are some minor exceptions to the above rule. The common one is monster manual xp, which seems to be applied regardless of your leveling status.

So if your friend is an iconic, he will not gain normal quest xp unless he levels at least to 14. Many players commonly only take the first 14 levels on an iconic so that they can get the full benefits of running level 12 quests when they first start on an iconic life.

There is nothing stopping someone from playing through all the lower level quests on an iconic with a non-iconic friend and only taking the levels when the non-iconic does so. They just won't really be getting xp.

Thanks! makes sense.
    “It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” from, The Lord of the Rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfishski View Post
    You can't earn xp more than 2 levels ahead, e.g. if you're level 5 you can bank level 6 and earn up to 1 xp short of level 7 through standard quests and then you just stop earning any more. There are exceptions including xp stones from boxes, daily dice, and monster manual, and probably other bits and pieces which is why he has a little extra xp. Once you are both level 14 he'll start earning XP with you but in the meantime he's just keeping you company for fun.
    Monster Manual can and will push you past that limit I have done so many times.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mglaxix View Post
    Monster Manual can and will push you past that limit I have done so many times.
    Yes, but monster manual and XP stones are the only things that will. Once you hit that limit you gain no xp from quests, slayers, etc.