Default Caught in the web - instant Dungeon Alert IV at final fight

To clarify: I've soloed Caught in the web EN a couple of times before. I never had any issues - I died maybe once, because I got kicked of the platform by the legs of the queen.

But today I got an instant Dungeon Allert IV when reaching the last ramp just before the final fight. I just stepped on the ramp of spider webs and got instant Dungeon Alert IV with alle mobs and portal keepers attacking me. Before stepping on the ramp I just had a Dungeon Alert I, because some small spiders fell of the plattform after destroying the artifacts.
    Because I'm a melee, I couldn't do much: got extremly slowed, Lloth spawned some spell wards (because I wasn't in line of sight) that slowed me even more and now I couldn't even move or run to fight the ranged mobs - so I died. I re-entered, still Dungeon Alert IV, same ending.

So I reset the dungeon - maybe I got a bugged ID, I thought.
    But I had the same issue again in the new ID.

Again: I did this dungeon before (I even own the Cleaver greataxe), but I never had this issue to get an instant Dungeon Alert IV - it was III during the fight, but not instant.

Was something changed? Does anybody had similar issues?

Here is a video proof: https://youtu.be/2hOQ6vSOCXg

Now about 6 months later still same issue: instant dungeon alert IV when engaging the final fight. This time I had better gear (Legendary Blackrazor, some nice Sharn items and other ML28/29 gear). So I could survive the first wave of dungeon alert IV mobs, but the dungeon alert never dropped below III, even when I almost killed all mobs on the platform.
    Also (as a melee) I couldn't always attack Lolth - even when being very close to her.
    So this fight is definitly bugged as hell.

For comparison: here 2 videos of (successful) solo attempts by other players at the same spot: https://youtu.be/W_4SEQ59rhQ?t=2744 and https://youtu.be/DgJoZpz3amE?t=1327

In my fight there were much more enemies than in the video linked above. The player in the video could attack Lolth the whole time.
    Last edited by Vrakyas; 03-12-2021 at 06:20 PM.

I actually remember dungeon alert being a big problem in this end fight for many years, because of the sheer volume of enemies that spawn in at the same time at the end. Lolth has unfortunately always had strange targeting, with the melee stack often having to spend 20 seconds moving around to find that sweet spot where they can start landing blows. It seems that this is just a problem for gigantic creatures that hover off the side of a platform (Forgewraith Titan's targeting in THTH suffers from this as well)
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

Yeah, this is not good. Will look into it. Something broke. Not supposed to have that many dudes all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    Yeah, this is not good. Will look into it. Something broke. Not supposed to have that many dudes all at once.
    While you're in there...

Anna seems to forget she has to drain the orbs and it takes a bit of follow the leader to get her to see the orb. Occasionally she will break contact with the orb even if her "leader" doesn't move.

Quote Originally Posted by RydeaNikkna View Post
    While you're in there...

Anna seems to forget she has to drain the orbs and it takes a bit of follow the leader to get her to see the orb. Occasionally she will break contact with the orb even if her "leader" doesn't move.
    Sure thing.

(loads the raid, opens Ana's scripts)

Oh no.

Why?

WHY?

Oh, that's why.

Sure thing.

(loads the raid, opens Ana's scripts)

Oh no.

Why?

WHY?

Oh, that's why.

it's nice to see you again Flimsy

thank you for looking into this

Kinder, gentler Lolth is coming to you soon in 2021.

With fewer trash mobs in the final fight.

Fingers crossed for a more responsive Anna. But, uh, you know. AI is hard.

Also made the level brighter a notch because it's too dark.

Fingers crossed for a more responsive Anna. But, uh, you know. AI is hard.
    Just don't copy Wyoh's AI or Anna will never survive...

DDOcast Host
    Licensed House Cannith Refuse Disposal Unit Technician

Kinder, gentler Lolth is coming to you soon in 2021.
    Who are you and what have you done with the real Flimsy?
    Shamgar ~ Pjstechie ~ Melchizedek ~ Habakkuk ~ Josheb ~ Magoi ~ Kinnor ~ Eshek ~ Zakchaios ~ Jephthah ~ Bartimaios ~ Ehudh ~ Bezaleluri ~ Nebuchad ~ Lava Divers (Khyber) ~ Epic Education ~ Building Blocks ~ DDOCast ~ contact me

Quote Originally Posted by pjstechie View Post
    Who are you and what have you done with the real Flimsy?

Btw, huge kudos to the OP for posting videos.

That really helped me narrow down the events with the quest triggers.

Btw, huge kudos to the OP for posting videos.

That really helped me narrow down the events with the quest triggers.
    Good to know what to provide for a quickest solution
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Polska gildia DDO - Magia i Miecz (200), Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dabima View Post
    I actually remember dungeon alert being a big problem in this end fight for many years, because of the sheer volume of enemies that spawn in at the same time at the end. Lolth has unfortunately always had strange targeting, with the melee stack often having to spend 20 seconds moving around to find that sweet spot where they can start landing blows. It seems that this is just a problem for gigantic creatures that hover off the side of a platform (Forgewraith Titan's targeting in THTH suffers from this as well)
    20 seconds? I *wish* it was only 20 seconds. I've spent the entire fight trying to find it... only to die immediately after.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

She has a weird setup. I found it helpful to visualize an invisible person standing on the platform right in front of the belly button. So, move back a little and turn. Don't even look at the um, distractions.

She has a weird setup. I found it helpful to visualize an invisible person standing on the platform right in front of the belly button. So, move back a little and turn. Don't even look at the um, distractions.
    but...but...but the distractions are there specifically to distract me, how...how am i supposed not to be distracted?

edit: forgot the important part: thank you.
    Last edited by Valerianus; 04-20-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Epic fights (literally!) - reminds me of my aura 'lock trying to solo Chronoscope end boss.
    The Basics of DDO / "Select Adventure Pack" Sales & "How to choose an Adventure Pack"

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." Bill Murray

Ran it today, overall it was fairly smooth up until the very end. Ana kept taking her sweet time at the end trying to get her thru the opened barrier and would get locked out on the wrong side. I think it took about 4 or 5 times of dropping the barrier before Ana finally decided that she'd follow the party and end the instance for us.