Community Member

Default After a few months hiatus, Your character could not be saved

How do I get this resolved? I was away for some months. After the updates, I immediately re-up my VIP sub, without using Steam, and get the notice. Your character could not be saved. I sent a ticket to the ssg support thing, but the auto reply told me an in game ticket would be the extent of my customer service. Great, in game on another character, I am unable to interact with the help option. I can read the recommendation to search for an answer myself, but the interactive sections are gone. That's it, just the text at the top of the help window.

What do I do next? Is there any hope?

Thanks

Community Manager

When you say you are unable to interact with the Help option, what specific issue are you running into? Not being able to display, not able to submit a ticket, etc.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

When I click the help button the "help" window shows up with the text near the top of the window. Underneath the text there are no prompts or further text/options, it's a wall of blackness.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BiggerTroll View Post
    When I click the help button the "help" window shows up with the text near the top of the window. Underneath the text there are no prompts or further text/options, it's a wall of blackness.
    This is a known issue. If you use your mouse to highlight the black area (left click and drag) the buttons appear.

Community Member

It took a while to click and drag and get a response, but it worked. The window is fully visible! Thank you, thank you!

Now to wait for the response for character could not be saved...

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    When you say you are unable to interact with the Help option, what specific issue are you running into? Not being able to display, not able to submit a ticket, etc.
    He is probably referring to this situation:

For me, moving mouse cursor over that window for a bit, help uncover hidden buttons. Then it looks like this:

>>Officer of the Polish Guild: GildiaDDOpl<<>>Cannith<<
    Isioviel Jr'eness - the Completionist
    Finghin Al'Roeg 4rd life Warlock .......Seljuck 5th life 14ftr/5art/1wiz
    If you like my posts, consider adding to my reputation. Thank You.

Community Member

[QUOTE=Seljuck;6356349]He is probably referring to this situation:

This is all I have had for months. Is help supposed to work in game? I thought it was disabled, and some external web form was created that I never found was implemented.
    Khyber:
    Lunality, Sorcality, Tunality, Axation, Causation, Shurality, Desparality, Stingality and a few more...
    Stingality

I've seen the black screen of unhelpfulness a few times. Sometimes if I close and re-open the interface a few times it eventually decides to show it's pretty GUI-face. ...sometimes.

edit:
    Oops. /ending derail.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Community Member

I think it has something to do with borderless window. When I've had this issue toggling between full screen and window would make the buttons show up as well.

Community Member

Clicking and dragging aggressively over the darkness seems to fix the help window. Thanks again for that advice.

My current ticket for the "Your character could not be saved"... is on day 3. I recieved a message from Dracula, on Thelanis, telling me to be patient. Seems like something that could be fixed in less than 3 days.

When and how to I move forward with an additional request for help? This is really a pain, I would have waited to reup my VIP sub if I knew my character was going to be locked out.... I am a ViP because I like to pay where I play, but this is kinda gross....

Sorry for the typos, on mobile

Community Member

It's 9/8 today, and my character "...could not be saved."

How long do these fixes take?

Community Member

It's 9 11 and my character does not load. How long does "your character could not be saved" take to fix?

Is there any help service I can contact beyond the 11 day old ticket I am waiting on?

This really is not great.

Community Member

Huzzah, my character exists again. 16+ days of waiting, half a month. Happy that it was resolved. Disappointed with the time.