Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default U47 Preview 2: 8/26-8/28

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Hello, all! Preview 2 of Update 47 is open! It is expected to remain open until sometime in the afternoon (Eastern) of Friday August 28th. There will be a dev event on Thursday August 27th from 8-10 PM Eastern where members of the DDO team will be available to collect feedback and answer questions in real time on Lamannia.

Character Copies to Lamannia will not be available for this preview.

This preview is expected to contain the following features:

In addition to those primary features it also contains the following miscellaneous changes and bugfixes:

Character
    • Warlock Focused Blast Range has been increased by 20%
    • Warlock's Mage Armor pact spell now appears at the correct spell level
    • Warlock: Celestial Pact's description now properly states that it requires non-chaotic rather than must be good
    • Warlock: The Ice Storm spell granted by the Carceri Warlock Pact now correctly casts
    • Warlock: Absolute Zero victims now ethereal for purposes of movement for both players and monsters. They will also eventually shatter after several minutes.
    • Druid: The Druid spell Flameblade has been improved
    • Barbarian: Barbarians in Medium armor with Rage active no longer receive +10 PRR that was being granted erroneously.
    • Feats: Removed an old implementation of Simple Thrown Expertise that was causing players with the feat to throw extra, unintended projectiles.
    • Feats: The Inscribe Spell and Inscribe Recipe feats now have their proper names/descriptions
    • Magister: Fixed an issue with Null Magic Aura not applying to allies correctly
    • Fury of the Wild: Sense Weakness no longer provides untyped damage on hit, and instead now provides a flat +1 Damage per rank, for a total of +3 Damage.
    • Spells: Dispel Magic Effects now reduce the CR of spellwards by a much greater amount
      • Dispel Magic - 4 to 12 CRs
      • Greater Dispel Magic - 10 - 30 CRs
      • Mordenkainen’s Disjunction - 50 CRs
    • Misc: Owning multiple Rage feats/enhancements no longer inherently makes all of your Rage feat/enhancement durations longer.

Items
    • New Generation 2 split-set filigree have been released, check the Threads of Fate crafting window to see them.
    • Globe of True Imperial Blood now properly enforces its intended ML
    • Several random loot shields have had their descriptions corrected
    • Smoke Screen no longer overrides certain other concealment bonuses.
    • Alchemical Crafting no longer requires raid-specific crafting ingredients. If you have any extra raid-tier alchemical crafting ingredients, you may turn them in for Sharn/Nearly Finished crafting ingredients at a Cannith Melting Station.
    • The Rune Arms found in Sharn now have more appropriate icons
    • The following potions can now be used while raging
      • Lesser Restoration
      • Remove Blindness
      • Remove Curse
      • Remove Disease
    • The Marshwalker set bonus now properly gives its 30% movement speed.
    • Sovereign Elixirs of Hidden Potential now have the correct description.
    • Cannith Crafting: Unbound Water Breathing, Featherfall, and Deathblock shards no longer erroneously bind items to your character when applied.
    • Cannith Crafting: Negative Amplification unbound Cannith Crafting shards will no longer be created bound to account.
    • Skull and Pumpkin Head potions are now markedly less eardrum-destroyingly loud
    • The Cargo Bay guild amenity now properly increases the quality of random loot rather than adjusts the minimum level.
    • Mounts found via Daily Dice are now Bound to Account.
    • The "Raging Strength" item mutation now grants Strength While Raging as described.
    • Many shields have had their dice W scalar and base dice increased in epic levels.
    • Filigree should now respect intended stacking rules within the Shared Bank/Crafting Storage
    • Items with Speed should no longer sometimes display their movement speed values as 0

Quests
    • The House Cannith raids - "The Lord of Blades" and "The Master Artificer" - no longer require playing prerequisite quests to flag for them on any difficulty.
    • Patriach's Crypt: Fixed a bug that causes the named item reward chest not to spawn sometimes.
    • Missing: Fixed an issue in the quest "Missing" where you could not complete the Mark of Madness optional because you could not interact with some of the NPCs.
    • Demon Sands - Wind Lasher snare arrows have had their duration greatly reduced.
    • Fixed an issue with the portal out of Keep on the Borderlands not operating if more than one player was using it.
    • Fixed an issue with giant crabs that sometimes prevented them from pathing
    • Quarantine: Killing Mini Boss Aerele with ranged attacks or outside of her room will no longer break quest progression
    • Quarantine: Dynamic map notes have been added to enemies remaining in the plaza.
    • Druid's Curse - fixed issues with certain kill objectives that would fail to operate if the monster in question was killed with ranged weapons before the players moved beyond a particular point in the quest
    • Several typos in wheloon's landscape have been fixed

Miscellaneous
    • Spell DCs by school and tactical bonuses are now visible on the character sheet details (+) tab
    • Warforged and Bladeforged characters now properly display footprints while Death Follows You is toggled on.
    • NPC Gnome Male Hairs are now weighted properly, and will not drift away from the head during animations.
    • Fixed a bug causing some accounts to not adhere to character slot limits. When logging into the game, if you have more characters then slots, you will get a dialog box to allow you to select which characters are playable.
    • NPC guards in the Sharn prison are now wearing sharn armor.
    • There is now a representative of Morgrave University in the Sharn Cliffside Tower District.
    • Hardcore: Death notices have returned to being an alert as opposed to DM text.
    • Hardcore: Logging in will now refresh your place in the leaderboard.
    • Hardcore: Level 15 Iconic characters on Hardcore will no longer receive extra copies of the Iconic Gear package on login.
    • The button used to modify Legendary Greensteel items now specifies its use instead of incorrectly displaying that it was used to Augment items.
    • Weapons with expirations (such as Druid's Flameblades) now display those expirations visually in the correct location of the inventory details drop down panel
    • To-Hit bonuses in the triple digits now properly display on the floating dice UI
    • The Tressym Basket, gained from the store or Daily Dice, now has a new tressym in it.
    • There are now commemorative plaques listing the top 100 Favor and Reaper Experience survivors of Hardcore Seasons 1 and 2 in the Hall of Heroes.

Known Issues
    • N/A

Note: Update 47 is expected to contain Legendary versions of 3 Raids (as seen in preview 1). Those are not being featured in this preview. There is, however, expected to be a third preview of Update 47 in the near future which will contain all of the above features as well as those 3 Legendary Raids.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 08-26-2020 at 12:47 PM.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Has this been brought forward into U47 or its just a preview of U48?

New Race: Shifter
    New Iconic Race: Razorclaw Shifter
    New Universal Enhancement Tree: Feydark Illusionist
    Ozzgood 45, 41, 17, 36, 85. Ozzbad 35, 36, 14, 36, 77. Ozzugly 45, 48, 21, 36, 117. EvilOzz 40, 48, 12, 36, 103. Ozzistheworst 38, 36, 15, 5, 50. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial., Reaper Points,
    Started Playing DDO In February 2010

Quote Originally Posted by MistaMagic View Post

The summer schedule got disrupted a bit by hardware work at the datacenter. At this point it is likely (though not certain) that those features will end up going live in the same update as the features we had previously been thinking of as Update 47 (Legendary Raids + New Dungeon). I think it's pretty obvious that the race, iconic, and universal tree are planned to be attached to the Feywild Expansion (the dungeons and landscape and such are not part of Update 47) in a similar way to the aasimar/tiefling/scourge/scoundrel/vistani/inquisitive were to the previous two expansions but 2020 is a strange year so those specific features may end up launching the same day as Update 47 proper. Or, close enough that previewing them at the same time made the most sense.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 08-25-2020 at 03:42 PM.

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

Both Shifters are a big thumbs up. Feydark Illusionist though? Not seeing how this is universal but I'll keep an open mind. I mean it sounds cool and illusions are amazing so I'm not saying it's terrible at all just going by the name. It's just traditionally terms like "illusionist" are not universal things. They are specialized focused things.

edit: then again Inquisitive is a focused thing on xbows, so I suppose you can be kind of universal and specialized.
    Last edited by GramercyRiff; 08-25-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Al I can say is WOW and yes it makes sence with what has been going on this year. Also will give you extra time to look at any fixes you need to make before U48 is previewed/released
    Ozzgood 45, 41, 17, 36, 85. Ozzbad 35, 36, 14, 36, 77. Ozzugly 45, 48, 21, 36, 117. EvilOzz 40, 48, 12, 36, 103. Ozzistheworst 38, 36, 15, 5, 50. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial., Reaper Points,
    Started Playing DDO In February 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Hello, all! Preview 2 of Update 47 is expected to open in the afternoon (Eastern) of Wednesday August 26th and is expected to remain open until sometime in the afternoon (Eastern) of Friday August 28th.

This preview is expected to contain the following features:

• New Universal Enhancement Tree: Feydark Illusionist

Release notes will be posted when the preview is opened.
    Will Feydark Illusionist be based on Intelligence or will it also have option for Charisma?

Quote Originally Posted by HuneyMunster View Post
    Will Feydark Illusionist be based on Intelligence or will it also have option for Charisma?
    I would honestly assume charisma, considering feywild. Also, we already have an intelligence universal tree...

Default Dev Event Thursday 8-10 PM

Forgot to put in to OP originally, I'll be hosting a dev event on lamannia from 8-10 PM Eastern on Thursday to answer questions and collect feedback. May feature more members of the DDO team will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaMagic View Post

Preorder perhaps?
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

I'm surprised that Razorclaw Shifter is the Barbarian iconic when it has bonuses +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom and +2 Acrobatics, +2 Stealth, while Longtooth Shifter has +2 Strength, +2 Wisdom and +2 Athletics, +2 Endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by HuneyMunster View Post
    I'm surprised that Razorclaw Shifter is the Barbarian iconic when it has bonuses +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom and +2 Acrobatics, +2 Stealth, while Longtooth Shifter has +2 Strength, +2 Wisdom and +2 Athletics, +2 Endurance.
    according to the ask the dev they did on DDOCast, this iconic is supposed to use handwraps and be "kinda different" from a regular barbariam. Maybe they will be non-strenght-based barbarians

Dear devs,

Could you please make sure the DDO Store is working for this Lamannia round?

Thanks
    Legion | Thelanis

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    It's gonna be a long 24 hours waiting to see the preview notes for this tree.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    It's gonna be a long 24 hours waiting to see the preview notes for this tree.
    Here's a spoiler:

100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lynnabel View Post
    here's a spoiler:

familiars?!!!!!!!! =)

Interesting.

I can kind of see releasing the shifter and universal tree before the expansion making sense. I'm really interested in the universal tree, though.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Here's a spoiler:

Hmmm.

Things appear to be coming into focus now...

Looks like the Feywild expansion will introduce us to our new feline overlords!
    Last edited by Arkat; 08-25-2020 at 08:29 PM.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Community Member

This is all nice and all, but I really kinda wanna know when the Shifter race is coming out, because I literally just got my 36th racial life today and was planning on going back to 30 starting tomorrow. Do I have a few days to enjoy completionist? Or is it a few weeks off. Just hoping for some additional clarity.

thanks!
    Nico

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nickodeamous View Post
    This is all nice and all, but I really kinda wanna know when the Shifter race is coming out, because I literally just got my 36th racial life today and was planning on going back to 30 starting tomorrow. Do I have a few days to enjoy completionist? Or is it a few weeks off. Just hoping for some additional clarity.

thanks!
    Nico
    I'm in the same boat. I'm on my final Aasimar life and I'm thinking I might just stay there so I don't get and then lose my racial completionist in such a short space of time! I'd rather just start work on shifter

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    Interesting.

I can kind of see releasing the shifter and universal tree before the expansion making sense. I'm really interested in the universal tree, though.

i guess feywild pre-order will start soon-ish and the buyers will have early access to races and tree.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast