Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Some diagnostic info for party chat issues on Thelanis

On Thelanis...

Party chat has been completely broken for me since last week's maintenance work, before that it seemed to be working for me sometimes and not others. Up until about a month ago it seems, I never had any issues with it.
    The issues appeared to start with the extended server maintenance work, but I can't remember which extended maintenance it started breaking on. At first it would randomly not work, now it never works.

By "completely broken," I mean I can't see other's chat in party, and they can't see mine. Tells work just fine.

Here is what I've experienced and seen:

After logging into Thelanis, I see my buffs load up on screen, and then I see a message that appears at the top center of the screen that reads: "The chat server is temporarily unavailable. Try again shortly."

I try re-logging it doesn't help. I play 2-3 hours a night and the chat server never comes online for me.

I PUG high reaper regularly with full parties. Chat is usually only working for about half the party. Makes high reaper runs a bit more interesting (LOL).

At the suggestion of a few other players, I also tried changing UserSpecifiedPort=0 to UserSpecifiedPort = 9000 in my UserPreferences.ini file and that didn't work (they mentioned something about valid ranges falling between 9000-9010).

Hope this helps, and good luck resolving.

Community Member

Neither I nor the two friends I regularly play with have had access to Party or Guild chat for more than a week. Friends list is empty for all of us. No info on voice chat, we use an external voice chat program. We have only been playing on Thelanis.

On Ghallanda.

Still no friends list for any character on multiple accounts.

I almost never use the in game chat so can't speak on that,

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    I'm permanently missing my friends list now. In the beginning, it came and went, but haven't seen it in more than a week now.

I play on G-land.
    Likewise G-Land and no friend list, guild chat was working yesterday
    * We have collectable bags, mind you, even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Community Manager

Just wanted to say that we are still actively investigating, but so far have not been able to resolve it. FYI as well that my own characters on Thelanis are impacted, so it should be pretty easy for me to know when this gets fixed.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member Retired_Old_Gamer's Avatar
    Everfull Flagon w/ my Eternal Mug of Mead

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Just wanted to say that we are still actively investigating, but so far have not been able to resolve it. FYI as well that my own characters on Thelanis are impacted, so it should be pretty easy for me to know when this gets fixed.
    Thank you for the update.

I want to get a better sense of how many players are still experiencing issues with their Friends list and other chat-related issues, like voice chat not working and/or guild chat not working. We KNOW Thelanis is still experiencing this issue, but not how many are impacted. Additionally, it isn't clear if this is still happening outside of Thelanis. Let me know.

Can add me and my entire family guild on Thelanis to the list of no chat powers
    Main - Dinomyte, Leader of the Cult of the Onyx Pikachu
    Alts - Skrapheep, Nimbleklutz, Magnarok, Metocalypse

[QUOTE=Cordovan;6350994]I want to get a better sense of how many players are still experiencing issues with their Friends list and other chat-related issues, like voice chat not working and/or guild chat not working. We KNOW Thelanis is still experiencing this issue, but not how many are impacted. Additionally, it isn't clear if this is still happening outside of Thelanis. Let me know.[/QUOTE
    4 people in my guild are still having issues with the voice/party chat not working.

I'm on Orien, and I keep randomly experiencing "connection to the chat server has been lost" problems. Usually when it happens, other members of the party experience it at the same time. The chat outage can last from one minute to upwards of fifteen minutes. During these episodes the green connection icon turns yellow fairly often.

I personally haven't experienced any issues related to the friends list on Orien.

Thanks for your work and efforts to isolate and address the issue.
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

Community Member

My friend and I started playing DDO online 3 days ago, and chose Thelanis to play on. The first day of play was fine - we added each other as friends and got voice chat to work (although the quality wasn't great, it was serviceable).
    We both decided that we quite liked the game; the graphics are a bit dated but the quests and gameplay seem interesting and we enjoyed the experience of questing together, so both subscribed for VIP status. For the last 2 days we've struggled to party, voice chat has not functioned at all, and our friends list is empty. We actually thought we had configured something wrong and spend hours trying to resolve the issue, gave up and used Skype.

It's a pretty bad experience for new players, especially since any game needs to keep attracting new people willing to spend money on it.

Community Member

Also, Today I was in a group on Kalamon and I typed something in party chat, but the name that appeared in chat was another character of mine, Kneedmor. Other peeps in the group noticed once I pointed it out.

Community Member

I have been experiencing issues with both the chat and the friends list on all of my characters.

some specifics

Party chat- works some of the time. It can can sometimes tell you that you could not enter the party chat channel. More often you will be able to join the channel but no one can see your chats. Sometimes some people can see and other can't. Sometimes when someone joins the party the chat will suddenly start working for everyone. I have occasionally mad the chat work by summoning and dismissing a hireling till it starts working but sometimes this does not work even after several tries.

Friends list - I have 4 toons on Thelanis and one of them almost always has a friends list after a minute or two. The other 3 almost never have a friends list even after hours of play but do occasionally get a friends list with no rhyme or reason. If you are interested in looking at the toon that almost always has a friends list it is dvinesword.
    Thelanis - Dvinesword, Casterdon, Drandona

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.” - Vlad Taltos

Default ...

Not able to type in guild, party or created rooms on Orien. Microphone checks for my party are working, but not when trying to talk to the group. Only way we're able to talk to each other is through tells.
    I would agree to disagree, but I'm not comfortable with finding common ground.

Party chat, guild chat, general, advice and others work sporadically. Friend's list is also bugged at times not showing anyone. I have seen that if you open up the social panel and open the "Who" tab and leave it on there for about 2 minutes and go back to the "Friends" tab, it will show your friends.

Community Member

ever since last update, no chat here (voice or text).

Community Member

I want to get a better sense of how many players are still experiencing issues with their Friends list and other chat-related issues, like voice chat not working and/or guild chat not working. We KNOW Thelanis is still experiencing this issue, but not how many are impacted. Additionally, it isn't clear if this is still happening outside of Thelanis. Let me know.

Still experiencing party chat failed to join on most of my joining groups or forming groups. Also guild chat down most of time. Friends list empty and unsearchable shared bank (some weird searches work, but if i want to say search for all belts in the bank, that comes up blank when I can see several belts on the first page before the search)....

When are you going to fix this **** show?

Community Member

Until today I had not had problems with my Friends List (and I check almost every time i log in), but today it is blank. I have checked and Friendslist.ini is in place and complete in the app directory. However when I try to import it simply says :

(Standard): Import was successful. Adding friends...

but doesnt actually do anything.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthorin1 View Post
    Until today I had not had problems with my Friends List (and I check almost every time i log in), but today it is blank. I have checked and Friendslist.ini is in place and complete in the app directory. However when I try to import it simply says :

(Standard): Import was successful. Adding friends...

but doesnt actually do anything.
    Weirdly, today I logged in and all my friends list is back and complete. So whatever is happening is erratic and not consistent.

Cordo,
    Any progress on this? It is not a lot of fun to rely on tells and outside programs for communication. And if Thelanis is still the default new person server, which has been nice in getting new people, I can't imagine it makes for a good first impression or helps keep them around.

I'm on Cannith... I experience this from time to time (last time was yesterday evening). After logging in, it says that the chat server is not available, the party chat cannot be used and my friends list is empty. Then it takes a while... anything from 10 to 30 minutes and it starts working as it should.
    Proud officer of Spellbinders: http://spellbinders.shivtr.com/
    Lyrandar(EU)->Devourer(EU)->Cannith

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast