Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fez for pets?

Community Member

Default Fez for pets?

I don't even remember how, where or when I got the fez I already have, but it must have been at least since MoD was relatively new. Haven't been able to find anything out there about it over the years. Does anyone happen to know where it comes from and if I can get another one? Is there a chance we could please get this in the DDO store? If that's impossible for whatever reason...can we get companion cosmetic toolkits to unbind a cosmetic from a pet so I can stock up and just put it on whatever pet I feel like having out most for my current life? Both would be great.
    Last edited by Tatties; 08-15-2020 at 10:42 PM.

Community Member

Can you post a screenshot of it? =)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    Can you post a screenshot of it? =)

It's called "Red Fez" with flavor text of: "A classic red fez for creature companions."
    Last edited by Tatties; 08-20-2020 at 08:34 PM. Reason: adding image

Quote Originally Posted by Tatties View Post
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vttw9t38bi...ezCat.PNG?dl=0

It's called "Red Fez" with flavor text of: "A classic red fez for creature companions."
    For future reference, you can post imgs by placing them inside "[IMG]" tags. To obtain the URL to place between them, I followed your link, right clicked on the img, and pressed "Copy Image Location".

That is really nice looking. If possible, I would try to obtain one for my blue fire elemental.
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.

Feature wishlist: colour-coded HP bars; red/blue teams in raids; rez-timer in party menu; equip-able halflings

Tagged in:

Edit: Weird. After spending some time Googling and other searching, I return to the forum and search "fez" here, and get... nothing. Not even this very thread. (Even tried case sensitive as that bug is lurking around in-game, and still nada.)
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 08-16-2020 at 07:33 AM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

I have seen a handful of these over the years on cosmetic pets in-game. I always assumed they were a gift for participating in an event or charity or maybe a PAX code or something of the like. Someone has a cosmetic bear cub with one that I've frequently seen on Thelanis, I will try to send them a tell asking about it if I see them again anytime soon.

You could also try PMing Cordovan, and ask him about their origin and availability. If they were not exclusive to one event in particular perhaps they can be added to the community loot list for the future.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Tagged in:

Edit: Weird. After spending some time Googling and other searching, I return to the forum and search "fez" here, and get... nothing. Not even this very thread. (Even tried case sensitive as that bug is lurking around in-game, and still nada.)
    Yeah, there's nothing out there I've ever been able to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I have seen a handful of these over the years on cosmetic pets in-game. I always assumed they were a gift for participating in an event or charity or maybe a PAX code or something of the like. Someone has a cosmetic bear cub with one that I've frequently seen on Thelanis, I will try to send them a tell asking about it if I see them again anytime soon.

You could also try PMing Cordovan, and ask him about their origin and availability. If they were not exclusive to one event in particular perhaps they can be added to the community loot list for the future.
    Yeah, it is my favorite. I'd love to be able to put it on a bunch of my pets--especially the Invisible Mini-Stalker lol. Maybe I'll give that PM thing a try.

You know, though...I think many years ago some friends of mine grabbed some codes for me at PAX...hmm..

Community Member

Maybe Cord can add it to the list of things available for Extra Life / Mowvember charity stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatties View Post
    Maybe I'll give that PM thing a try.
    If you do, and he responds please update with answer - you've genuinely piqued my curiosity.
    Last edited by Aelonwy; 08-20-2020 at 11:51 AM. Reason: homophone strikes again
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Manager

This was an exclusive pre-purchase item linked to (I think) Menace of the Underdark (or was it Shadowfell Conspiracy? One of them.) We do not have the ability to re-issue this particular cosmetic, although we can probably release a similar version as a new item in the future if there is demand for it.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This was an exclusive pre-purchase item linked to (I think) Menace of the Underdark (or was it Shadowfell Conspiracy? One of them.) We do not have the ability to re-issue this particular cosmetic, although we can probably release a similar version as a new item in the future if there is demand for it.
    I have pre purchase packages(including the legendary from shadowfell) and neither had the Fez.

Its probably an event item id say.
    Darkzess - Sturdycaster (Retired Wiz) - Stormfists - Zeess (Art) - Zessx (FvS)
    Thelanis
    ~I'm Back!~

It may have been the legendary upgrade on the Shadowfell pre-order. It came with "Wizard Cosmetic Hat (BtA) & Matching Creature Companion Hat (Unbound)" . I never took that upgrade and I don't have the fez so that must be conclusive

Update: Zess-wolf says otherwise so my conclusion is somehow incorrect .

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I pre-purchased the highest versions of both of those and don't have that so it was linked to something else.

Are you sure about that?

I own the pre-order package of MotU Collector's Edition, definitely didn't come with mine. I also have the Collector's Edition of Shadowfell, with Legendary Upgrade, and pre-order bonus items and no fez. The matching cosmetic pet hat that came with mine was a little brown wizard's hat.

I also have the Ultimate fan bundle of Ravenloft, was there a pre-order bonus package for RL? I don't think I pre-ordered that one. Could that be it?

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I also have the Ultimate fan bundle of Ravenloft, was there a pre-order bonus package for RL? I don't think I pre-ordered that one. Could that be it?
    There were no specifically "pre-order" bonuses for Ravenloft or Sharn. The packages were the same before launch as they are now. (I also pre-order both and don't have a fez)

The mystery of the fez continues!

Top packages across the board here as well - no fez.

Most certainly an enimysriddleterygma.

PAX code would be a good guess as I've never gone there. Perhaps a US PAX or even the one Turbine attended in Germany that one year ages ago.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 08-19-2020 at 12:52 PM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Community Member Retired_Old_Gamer's Avatar
    Everfull Flagon w/ my Eternal Mug of Mead

Wasn't that part of the limited edition store specials? Like around when the F2P Anniversary item was introduced?

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    The mystery of the fez continues!
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    PAX code would be a good guess as I've never gone there. Perhaps a US PAX or even the one Turbine attended in Germany that one year ages ago.
    My best guess as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Old_Gamer View Post
    Wasn't that part of the limited edition store specials? Like around when the F2P Anniversary item was introduced?
    I recently went through ALL the sales pages as far back as Black Friday 2017 to research my facts for this thread:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-growing-stale

While there was mention of various Limited Edition items here and there including the Racial Action Point tomes/upgrades and the 10th Anniversary of Free to Play Launch Bundle nowhere was there a mention of this cosmetic item. I think had it been a store item I would have run across it in that search.

This looks really familiar and I feel like it was in Mabar or Crystal Cove at some point, though I can't find a reference to it anywhere. Ahhhhhhhhhh.
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (30 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (30 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (30 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (30 Barb) ~Erofenbless (30 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (30 Bard Dualbox) ~Erofenten (30 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast