Community Member

Default Guide to 5k Favor - How much can you skip?

I've noticed a lot of people asking in guild how much they can skip and get 5k, and people have given a lot of good advice. I thought I'd show exactly what I skipped to give people a better idea of just how much extra favor there is.

I broke down the quests I skipped (or ran on non-elite) by level, and showed how much favor each quest is, along with how much total favor I skipped with that level.

Level 2 (5 favor)

Stealthy Reposession (3) - Never really did this one other than when people were offering pikings heh.

Miller's Debt (2) - didn't think it was worth it, but I probably should've done it.

Level 3 (4 favor)

Home Sweet Sewer (2) - Yeah looking back definitely should've done more solo quests lol.

An Explosive Situation (2) - See above.

Level 6 (5 favor)

Devil Assault (5)- Ran on hard because you can't run it once you take lv 11, even though it's a 12 on hard and 18 on elite. It's possible to do it on elite at 10 but you'd need a very good party, not just a pug.

Level 7 (30 favor)

Temple of Elemental Evil parts 1 (15)and 2 (15) - Seen a lot of people die to this, mainly to the ooze but there are other tricky parts. Definitely recommend skipping unless you have a good group and leader.

Level 9 (6 favor)

Gateway to Khyber (6)- Wow I never realized I only ran this on normal. I think I joined a von3 that was near the end and wanted to get in asap. Any excuse to bypass beholders.

Level 11 (18 favor)

Tomb of the Forbidden (18) - Couldn't find a group and I had no idea what to do so I didn't want to try to lead. If you find a group doing all of necro 3 you get in there! Super difficult when everyone only needs 1 quest.

Level 12 (18 favor)

Zawabi's Revenge (18) - The pug I was in for the pre-raid wanted to do the raid but it was waaaay too zergy a party so I left. Don't think they tried it without me (I was the ranged). Waited a day or 2 to see if anyone wanted to run but gave up. If you're desperate can probably get a group for an easy normal run.

Level 15 (117 favor)

Shadow of a Doubt(18) / Escape Plan(15) / Disciples of Shar(18) - Didn't know it enough to lead and didn't see any lfgs for them when I was free. Don't think they're too hard i just wasn't concerned.

Litany of the Dead (18) - Definitely didn't want to skip this one, after spending 2 hours completing my sigil lol. But no one was running it when I was available. Also I didn't want to lead it because then I'd feel like I'd have to do the end dash where you can die to the force traps AND can die to the dragon if you misclick.

Delirium(15) - Too many beholders, wasn't going to run this unless it was a free completion lol.

Creeping Death (18) - Saw a lot of people insta-die to the ooze, another one I didn't want to chance.

In the Flesh (15)- Kind of funny, I was doing the Missing arc and saw that I was 23 favor from 5k when we got to this quest. I told my pug that I wasn't going to risk it THIS close to 5k lol. They understood. The last fight in this one can be pretty **** nasty too. Wound up taking 20 and just doing eveningstar to finish it off.

Level 17 (207 favor)

Shroud(33) - I lost my extra lives beforehand so....no.

Monastery of the Scorp(24)- Did Prey but had to leave after because I was really laggy.

Enter the Kobold(24) - See above, although the last room is really nasty too. Even with evasion and fire shield scrolls I'd want a good team for this one.

Stealer of Souls(24) - not flagged

Sane Asylum(21) / Lord of Stone(18) / Lord of Eyes(21) - Bit wary of all the eye forceballs in lord of eyes, but would've ran it if I saw any pugs. Although **** eyes don't paralyze so I would've sucked vs. them.

Ascension Chamber(21) - **** no lol. Way too many chances of insta-death.

Acute Delirum(21) - I actually enjoy acute delirium, reminds me of Sword in the Stone. Lot of beholders but most can be ranged so...probably would've attempted it if I saw a group up.

Level 18 (135 favor)

Palace of Stone(21) / In the Demon's Den(18) - never saw lfgs.

Terminal Delirium(21) - didn't see anyone running it and way too crazy to risk for me also.

Fashion Madness(21) - Weird, I deinitely did this quest but not showing in my compendium. Maybe I left before it had completed?

Hound of Xoriat(27) - another raid that's way too easy to wipe on.

A Vision of Destruction(27) - Saw a couple lfgs but I was always in the middle of something else. Plus it's a longass trek in a dark wilderness with a small chance of insta death. Didn't really think it was worth it.

Level 19 (222 favor)

Raiding the Giant's Vault(18) - Used to farm this for chests yeaaaaars ago. I remember it not being very hard, but as a solo quest I don't think you can bring in hirelings or shield guardians, and I like that buffer zone if I'm going to be solo-ing.

Sins of Attrition(21) / Genesis Point(24) / Bastion of Power(21) / A New Invasion(21) - Bit long and annoying, I would've joined a group that was running them at the time though, but now that I think about it it's an easy skip lol.

Schemes of the Enemy(18) / Power Play(21) / Blown to Bits(18) - Like shavarath, the cannith ones are a bit annoying on elite, things have much higher hp. Plus, all the constructs are immune to a lot of CC so that's extra annoying.

Master Artificer(21) / - Not flagged

The Riddle(21) / Murder By Night(18) - just never found a group when I was looking.

Level 20 (45 favor)

The Lord of Blades(21) - not flagged

Tower of Despair(24) - also not flagged

Challenges were hit or miss. When I got a group that was doing them we plowed through, but it was rare. Too often people would want to do a challenge I already did, and I was so sick of the mansion after spending 30 min farming portraits and STILL no one was able to get the crest we needed to open a door lol. So we did it again!

5* (got 54 favor total)

Underdark - Fight to the Finish, Ring of Fire
    Extraplanar Mining - Labor Shortage, Buying Time, Labor Shortage

Dr. Rushmore - Behind the Door, Picture Portals

Kobold Island - Kobold Chaos

Lava Caves - Circles of Power, Time is Money

3*

Kobold Island - Short cuts (surprised we got more than 1 heh, awful challenge)

1*

Kobold Island - The disruptor - The group I joined was just going for mats I guess. It was very strange because no one responded to me in party chat. SO either they were ALL mt-ing, were in disord, or...? I stayed for 2 runs then left.

So as I was getting close to 5k, I was hoping I could skip the longer, more annoying quests. But I knew that there was a lot of low level epics. The first eveningstar chain is 90 favor on elite. with another ~150 favor in lv 22-23 quests.

Once you get to the last 1000-500 favor you need, I'd definitely recommend taking a bit of time to figure out what you're comfortable skipping. And do the easy solo quests early on, it might save you a crappy quest later. Or let you breeze through a couple on normal.
    Last edited by Seph1roth5; 08-13-2020 at 12:51 PM.
    My main Orien Bozos - Mozenrath, Messam, Yashamaru, Quackerjack

Hardcore bozos - Koganei, Hoid

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seph1roth5 View Post
    Level 2 (15 favor)
    Miller's Debt (6) - didn't think it was worth it, but I probably should've done it.
    Level 3 (12 favor)
    Home Sweet Sewer (6) - Yeah looking back definitely should've done more solo quests lol.
    An Explosive Situation (6) - See above.
    These three solo quests are only worth 2 favor, not 6, so you skipped fewer points than you thought. Not a massive difference, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

JonD

Community Member

Thanks, fixed it. I was in math mode and just multiplying everything by 3 lol. I still think it's better to do the solos though. Might mean one less longass quest at 19.
    My main Orien Bozos - Mozenrath, Messam, Yashamaru, Quackerjack

Hardcore bozos - Koganei, Hoid

Since the quests at end-game are (as a rule) harder and potentially more lethal than the ones at the start, the solo and other lowbie quests should be grabbed if at all possible.

As for the ones you list as skipped due to danger, most become trivial on Hard for any decent party @ +4 levels over. Grab 2/3 of max favor, call it good. (You deal w/ Beholders by having the right buffs, and gang-tackling them, one at a time.)
    The Basics of DDO / "Select Adventure Pack" Sales & "How to choose an Adventure Pack"

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." Bill Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Seph1roth5 View Post
    In the Flesh (15)- Kind of funny, I was doing the Missing arc and saw that I was 23 favor from 5k when we got to this quest. I told my pug that I wasn't going to risk it THIS close to 5k lol. They understood. The last fight in this one can be pretty **** nasty too. Wound up taking 20 and just doing eveningstar to finish it off.
    Heh, I was in that one with you. Totally understood... No one died in the last fight, but I did drop to 30% hp at one point, which doesn't happen often with my super survive HC build. Pretty nerve-wracking.

Thanks for the list... looks like I should be able to get to 5000 without taking 20... I'm at 4200, and the list of 15-19 quests I still have to do keeps getting smaller, so I was starting to wonder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Yeah, solo quests aren't worth a whole lot, but they do help down the road. They are all really quick, and they make a skip later possible.