Community Member

Default What to do first time at 30?

So, I'm relatively new to the game as it is now; I got to level 30, and have been working on filling out my epic destinies and maybe get some better gear for the future - I noticed I'm only really able to handle most quests on EH solo, and I'm not sure if people would join me if I put an LFM up for anything below Elite. I guess for now, just pace myself doing what I can to get gear on hard?

Additionally, I was wanting to get some Saga rewards ready to make my 2nd Epic life a bit quicker to start (Sharn, Ravenloft, maybe Gianthold) but I only ever hear that it's either Elite or bust; should I just do em on hard and take what I get there? Should I not even worry about it and just do the ER and figure it out from there?

Another thing I was curious about was slayers - is it just get slayers to 7,499 then ER and get the last one on the new life, or do you do the full slayers after an ER?

Thanks ahead of time, ladies and gents.

Community Member

Join some r1 pugs. It's great reaper xp to get you started for future lives and you'll have good odds at getting gear out of Sharn/Ravenloft. Just let the group know you're new to cap/reaper stuff just in case you wind up in the small percent of groups that have issues with that kind of stuff; most groups will gladly run with you and pass you loot vs just feeding it to another sentient gem.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Filthy-Weeb View Post
    So, I'm relatively new to the game as it is now; I got to level 30, and have been working on filling out my epic destinies and maybe get some better gear for the future - I noticed I'm only really able to handle most quests on EH solo, and I'm not sure if people would join me if I put an LFM up for anything below Elite. I guess for now, just pace myself doing what I can to get gear on hard?

Additionally, I was wanting to get some Saga rewards ready to make my 2nd Epic life a bit quicker to start (Sharn, Ravenloft, maybe Gianthold) but I only ever hear that it's either Elite or bust; should I just do em on hard and take what I get there? Should I not even worry about it and just do the ER and figure it out from there?

Another thing I was curious about was slayers - is it just get slayers to 7,499 then ER and get the last one on the new life, or do you do the full slayers after an ER?

Thanks ahead of time, ladies and gents.
    Firstly, gratz on hitting 30!

Makes sense to run R1 at least when filling EDs if you can, as loot, EDs and Reaper trees are all good sources of power/progression at cap, and all are addressed pretty well, if not optimally (but don't let perfect be the enemy of good here), in low R(1-4).

Look for PUGs running low reaper - most folks will make allowances, and some will actively seek to help you out if you tell them from the start your'e pretty new and also if you're maybe running off destiny, and tbh, those few that don't probably aren't worth wasting your time on anyway - we've all been where you are at some point.

You'll likely find even an R4 PUG will be glad to have you along as they tend to be loot-farming at speed whilst getting some RXP as a bonus - usually one or two will be pretty experienced folks and capable - having you along is another opportunity for them to get the specific loot they are looking for and they will also be happy to pass most else that drops. Only thing I'd suggest is don't look to grab "everything" as you may begin to annoy folks that way - focus on what you really do need. Once you've got that you will be more powerful and probably much better able to farm other stuff on your own anyway. Saying what you're looking for at the start of a quest is always helpful - sometimes folks will offer to repeat the quest to help you farm even after their own loot-farm has dropped. There are some really great folks in this game (ime, these forums are not representative of everyone in game btw, so don't let that put you off)!

If you're on Thelanis let me know and I'll be glad to run through the RL/Sharn sagas with you and/or help farm some key lootz when I'm on. I'm no expert on slayers though. In any event - good luck!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    Join some r1 pugs. It's great reaper xp to get you started for future lives and you'll have good odds at getting gear out of Sharn/Ravenloft. Just let the group know you're new to cap/reaper stuff just in case you wind up in the small percent of groups that have issues with that kind of stuff; most groups will gladly run with you and pass you loot vs just feeding it to another sentient gem.
    Alright, can do; I'll keep an eye out! Hopefully some groups end up doing quests that drop stuff I can use, but I won't complain about free reaper XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkwier View Post
    Firstly, gratz on hitting 30!

Makes sense to run R1 at least when filling EDs if you can, as loot, EDs and Reaper trees are all good sources of power/progression at cap, and all are addressed pretty well, if not optimally (but don't let perfect be the enemy of good here), in low R(1-4).

Look for PUGs running low reaper - most folks will make allowances, and some will actively seek to help you out if you tell them from the start your'e pretty new and also if you're maybe running off destiny, and tbh, those few that don't probably aren't worth wasting your time on anyway - we've all been where you are at some point.

You'll likely find even an R4 PUG will be glad to have you along as they tend to be loot-farming at speed whilst getting some RXP as a bonus - usually one or two will be pretty experienced folks and capable - having you along is another opportunity for them to get the specific loot they are looking for and they will also be happy to pass most else that drops. Only thing I'd suggest is don't look to grab "everything" as you may begin to annoy folks that way - focus on what you really do need. Once you've got that you will be more powerful and probably much better able to farm other stuff on your own anyway. Saying what you're looking for at the start of a quest is always helpful - sometimes folks will offer to repeat the quest to help you farm even after their own loot-farm has dropped. There are some really great folks in this game (ime, these forums are not representative of everyone in game btw, so don't let that put you off)!

If you're on Thelanis let me know and I'll be glad to run through the RL/Sharn sagas with you and/or help farm some key lootz when I'm on. I'm no expert on slayers though. In any event - good luck!
    Appreciate the response! I'm on Orien, and the LFM seems kinda dead - might just be my playtimes - but I'll certainly be keeping an eye out. Appreciate the tips!