Thread: Killing Alts

Community Member

Default Killing Alts

Hello, I'm multiboxing 5 alts at the same time, and I have a question: is there a way to kill them all at the start of the quest? W/o mobs, traps, etc. Tried using grease spell + ignite, it doesn't work. Inflict serious wound pots damage to unconscious range then need to wait 10% few times (and then maybe repeat).

So, can i just kill party members?

Dont spend any of their AP giving them any extra hit points or any gear boosting HP or Con. 2 heroic greensteel items to wear will kill them pretty quickly if you put them both on at the same time I think even tier one GS items will do the trick. Other option is to run them ahead to first fight and let them get killed by initial mobs.
    Main 100+ Lives Uber Completionist ( 45/45 HTR - 21/21 ITR - 48/48 ETR - 14/14 RAP - 36/36 RTR - 114/156 ), Jynxer - Completionist ( 23/42 HTR - 7/21 ITR - 14/36 ETR - 2/14 RAP - 2/36 RTR - 36/156 ), SoulDuster - Completionist ( 16x HTR 3x ETR 21/156 ) Khaosbringer - Completionist ( 15/45 HTR - 11/21 ITR - 9/48 ETR 2/14 RAP 4/36 RTR 56/156 )

Community Member

Thx, i also thinking about twisted talisman, so maybe there are more items to inflict self damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Afemi View Post
    Thx, i also thinking about twisted talisman, so maybe there are more items to inflict self damage.
    Twisted Talisman lol in reaper a guildie used it and died was a bit shocked and let a few choice words fly.
    Main 100+ Lives Uber Completionist ( 45/45 HTR - 21/21 ITR - 48/48 ETR - 14/14 RAP - 36/36 RTR - 114/156 ), Jynxer - Completionist ( 23/42 HTR - 7/21 ITR - 14/36 ETR - 2/14 RAP - 2/36 RTR - 36/156 ), SoulDuster - Completionist ( 16x HTR 3x ETR 21/156 ) Khaosbringer - Completionist ( 15/45 HTR - 11/21 ITR - 9/48 ETR 2/14 RAP 4/36 RTR 56/156 )

/death ?

If the goal is just to have em be dead, might as well be a suicide. Just RP it a bit, and viola - you have a stone and a ghost at the entrance.
    If the goal is to inflict damage till they die, that does get more challenging.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    /death ?

If the goal is just to have em be dead, might as well be a suicide. Just RP it a bit, and viola - you have a stone and a ghost at the entrance.
    If the goal is to inflict damage till they die, that does get more challenging.

isn't /death a death trolley ride to your bind point ( the airship).

Quote Originally Posted by bls904c2 View Post
    isn't /death a death trolley ride to your bind point ( the airship).
    Oh yeah. Hmmmm...

It's been years and years since I've /death'd, so I forgot that wrinkle.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member

I *think* /death while unconscious and bleeding simply kills you where you stand, but that's as far as it goes.

As for ways to kill them, falling from great heights repeatedly before entering quests might get them low enough that removing their Constitution items kills them.
    It's how I used to kill myself before a backpack ride in the Horns - unequip everything but my Con items, try to get very low, remove item, die.
    It works a LOT better with no ship buffs, since those increase unconsciousness range.
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.

Yeah, /death won't work for this purpose.

Gotta just make them as weak/vulnerable as possible, and move them to the nearest danger spot. If there's water you can drown them, if there's a trap you can park them there - otherwise, have to find something unfriendly and wait for the inevitable.

The Twisted Talisman only does ~38 HP (scaled) and is ML 7, so if your alt is a decent build (i.e. didn't dump Con*) that won't speed things up very much. Even if you hit them twice, by the time you cycle thru to do that (the animation+cool down is slow) you could have run them up to the first fight already.

(* If you have spare character slots you could specifically design a quick-dying build; dump Con on a -Con race, etc etc. If they're going to be higher level (depending what you're going to farm), maybe make them a Monk for Shintao self-raise.

I'm reminded of a (very!) old joke build, the "1 Con Barbarian" - don't remember the details (and can't find it off a quick Search), but between dump-stat, enhancements and gear, it achieved 1 Con and appropriately low HP. Genius.)

afaik slash death sends you to bind point but if you are bleeding on the ground it just kills you where you stand.

i don't bot so i don't know what a botter needs, but, about killing yourself reliably with no mobs\traps\falling damage involved these comes to mind:

1)equipping uncleansed green steel

2)being an aasimar scourge and activate yolo mode

3) some barbarian levels to spam blood tribute \ supreme cleave \frenzy\sort of stuff. never tried but my guts says it will work.

Barb supreme cleave and such will bring you low, but will not kill you. Once you get to less HP than what the ability uses to use, you can no longer use it. At that point a large fall, lava, or nearby enemies are your best bet until you can equip greensteel. 2 uncleansed GS items will get you the rest of the way (and honestly, it may be faster to just use that right away instead of supreme cleaving and blood tributing down, as the GS damage does up every tick anyways... at least it does with legendary greensteel. Been a while since I equipped 2 heroic GS items tbh).

edit: as a person who also multiboxes, I find LGS the best way to suicide, though those are ml 26. If you only use the alts for loot pulling (don't use them for other things like buffs. yay bard buff bots), sometimes it's more time/effort to kill them and carry stones than it is to simply run each one up (not always, this is very quest dependent of course). So for those situations, both bards and barbs get a move speed action boost clickie. Also, make your first feats Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, so that every 20 seconds you can get a wing-esque boost for extra mobilty/speed (and clearing gaps) by as early as level 4 depending on class split (*shakes fist at BAB+4 requirement*, would be level 3 otherwise).
    Last edited by vryxnr; 08-01-2020 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vryxnr View Post
    Barb supreme cleave and such will bring you low, but will not kill you. Once you get to less HP than what the ability uses to use, you can no longer use it.
    yes sure. i was just thinking, spam supreme cleave + blood tribute = damage + temp hp + constitution loss. a perfect scenario for the game to go weird, no matter how it should "technically" work
    Last edited by Valerianus; 08-02-2020 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerianus View Post
    i don't bot so i don't know what a botter needs
    LOL, what he does is multiboxing, not botting, botting would be if he used 3rd party program to control his alts.

multiboxing is not against ToS, botting is punishable by permaban.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkendex View Post
    LOL, what he does is multiboxing, not botting, botting would be if he used 3rd party program to control his alts.

multiboxing is not against ToS, botting is punishable by permaban.

yeah you are right, i wanted to say what you said not what i said. it was obvious i think but let's specify it, it's better.
    Last edited by Valerianus; 08-02-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Why would you need to kill them? Why not just park them at the quest entrance and be done with it. The only downside would be the quests where you need to have your whole party gathered to proceed (and in those cases I wouldn't even use it).

Also, 5 alt accounts???? Yikes! I can barely keep up with one. lol
    Member: Circle of Night
    Magic is a curious thing; full of hope and promise one minute, then someone summons a t-rex jet fighter to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Logicman69 View Post
    Why would you need to kill them? Why not just park them at the quest entrance and be done with it. The only downside would be the quests where you need to have your whole party gathered to proceed (and in those cases I wouldn't even use it).

Also, 5 alt accounts???? Yikes! I can barely keep up with one. lol
    If your only goal is the 5% VIP mini-buddy-bonus, or buddy bonus weekends, or guild renown from sagas, then sure. But if you're also loot farming and want to get 6 end chests worth of loot per run for yourself, you want to be able to move them up to the chests. While doing this manually one at a time is time consuming, it's still faster and more efficient (considering chest ransack as well) than running the quest again 6 times for the same amount of loot (especially as most/all enemies will be dead for the other 5), but being able to move them all up at once (via soul-stone backpack rides) means 6 chest pulls in the time it takes to do one run plus some rezzing vs 6 full runs through with enemies each run.

And yes, gather party mechanics are things, so the backpack rides are much more enticing than manually running each one up one at a time, even if it's one of the alts carrying (for 2 runs through - one without enemies of course - instead of 6). If I'm not loot farming and I'm running a quest I know that have these gather points, I will sometimes leave my alts outside until after that point so they can simply come in for the completion and other bonuses... but if I'm loot farming, the gotta move up.

Why not put up an LFM at this point? Several reasons. 1) you may not want to run with others/enjoy solo. 2) you may be running a quest and/or difficulty that others hate/refuse to run/is a PITA to run. 3) LFMs are no guarantee of anything and you'd rather just get to it with alts than wait for unknown amounts of times (sometimes hours) with no guarantee of getting a full group. 4) chest ransack is a thing, so why not have 48 pulls per week before it ransacks instead of the normal 8 per week? 5) other people are unreliable and even if your LFM states need help pulling X item, others will often ignore that and not share loot (heck, I once had a person get the item I was looking for in a farming run, just to mock me, insult me, laugh at me, leave the item in the chest under his name so no one could pull it, left the dungeon while laughing and mocking me for trusting him, then leaving the group. Not saying I was owed the item from others, but those extra steps of intentional belittlement and ensuring no one could get it when the LFM stated and in game conversations were about trying to get it for me, is really ******y) so multiboxing ensures that all loot will be yours. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vryxnr View Post
    If your only goal is the 5% VIP mini-buddy-bonus, or buddy bonus weekends, or guild renown from sagas, then sure. But if you're also loot farming and want to get 6 end chests worth of loot per run for yourself, you want to be able to move them up to the chests. While doing this manually one at a time is time consuming, it's still faster and more efficient (considering chest ransack as well) than running the quest again 6 times for the same amount of loot (especially as most/all enemies will be dead for the other 5), but being able to move them all up at once (via soul-stone backpack rides) means 6 chest pulls in the time it takes to do one run plus some rezzing vs 6 full runs through with enemies each run.

And yes, gather party mechanics are things, so the backpack rides are much more enticing than manually running each one up one at a time, even if it's one of the alts carrying (for 2 runs through - one without enemies of course - instead of 6). If I'm not loot farming and I'm running a quest I know that have these gather points, I will sometimes leave my alts outside until after that point so they can simply come in for the completion and other bonuses... but if I'm loot farming, the gotta move up.

Why not put up an LFM at this point? Several reasons. 1) you may not want to run with others/enjoy solo. 2) you may be running a quest and/or difficulty that others hate/refuse to run/is a PITA to run. 3) LFMs are no guarantee of anything and you'd rather just get to it with alts than wait for unknown amounts of times (sometimes hours) with no guarantee of getting a full group. 4) chest ransack is a thing, so why not have 48 pulls per week before it ransacks instead of the normal 8 per week? 5) other people are unreliable and even if your LFM states need help pulling X item, others will often ignore that and not share loot (heck, I once had a person get the item I was looking for in a farming run, just to mock me, insult me, laugh at me, leave the item in the chest under his name so no one could pull it, left the dungeon while laughing and mocking me for trusting him, then leaving the group. Not saying I was owed the item from others, but those extra steps of intentional belittlement and ensuring no one could get it when the LFM stated and in game conversations were about trying to get it for me, is really ******y) so multiboxing ensures that all loot will be yours. Etc.
    Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation. Definitely makes sense.
    Member: Circle of Night
    Magic is a curious thing; full of hope and promise one minute, then someone summons a t-rex jet fighter to kill you.

Community Member

The traditional way to do this is to wear 2 greensteel items that aren't cleansed - take off right before you die and remove hp bonus items to die, but the best answer is to only loot chests if there is gear you need.

having 2 alts and 3 loot pullers is the balance for me. I was planning to do the 2 GS thing. i have enough ingredients, but never got to it. felt like a waste.

2 is enough to run to the chest. Dying also causes some bugs sometimes where the soul stone doesn't teleport.

Happens sometimes when I farm Reincarnation tokens.

Now i just use them to pull chests.