Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by ShinuzukaRakam View Post
    I think the "as if it were the subject of a Phantasmal Killer spell" isn't vague. It's tied back to the description of the instant-death effect that happens when you vorpal an enemy with less than 5000 HP.
    It's vague in the sense that the phantasmal killer spell normally has a DC, we don't know if this ignores that or if it has one but we aren't being told what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    It's vague in the sense that the phantasmal killer spell normally has a DC, we don't know if this ignores that or if it has one but we aren't being told what it is.
    It has TWO DCs, a Will save and then Fortitude save if you fail the first one.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    You're right that Phantasmal Killer normally has a DC that must be saved against to stay alive.

My reading of this item's description is that there is no DC for the instant-kill effect, because the Vorpal Hit and the HP threshold are the triggers to making the enemy die, just like a regular Vorpal weapon, and it is simply flavored as the enemy dying to a Phantasmal Killer, even though that spell is not being cast or applied to the enemy.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by ShinuzukaRakam View Post
    You're right that Phantasmal Killer normally has a DC that must be saved against to stay alive.

My reading of this item's description is that there is no DC for the instant-kill effect, because the Vorpal Hit and the HP threshold are the triggers to making the enemy die, just like a regular Vorpal weapon, and it is simply flavored as the enemy dying to a Phantasmal Killer, even though that spell is not being cast or applied to the enemy.
    Correct on all counts! No saving throw :)

Force damage is nonscaling 20d20.
    Last edited by Lynnabel; 07-24-2020 at 05:00 PM.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Agreed. Should have been on Blackrazor.

Probably won't change, unfortunately.
    Can always hope. The weapons should be of similar power and it would be nice to have a decent Great Sword. The HP value on Blackrazor is higher so making it 50% chance on vorpal without a save would put it on par.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

Correct on all counts! No saving throw

I will say that this is one of the best approaches, from my perspective it is on vorpal (everyone loves rolling a 20) and it is scaled around that without saves.

Now about Blackrazor...
    Milacias of Kyber

The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by noinfo View Post
    Now about Blackrazor...
    No. They should not retroactively change that weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeleron View Post
    No. They should not retroactively change that weapon.
    Well if they did not create a borked upgraded version with a virtually non existant proc they would not have too. Biggest waste of 5 schisms.

-I would happily get another set of schisms for a decent proc like that.
    Milacias of Kyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by noinfo View Post
    Well if they did not create a borked upgraded version with a virtually non existant proc they would not have too. Biggest waste of 5 schisms.

-I would happily get another set of schisms for a decent proc like that.
    Well its a good thing overwhelming is not just 1 proc. It's 3: The -1 AC/Will/Fort, the DC 100 Will PK, and the Profane damage/melee power. Not to mention this is from a tier 3 raid, which came before tier 2 reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeleron View Post
    Well its a good thing overwhelming is not just 1 proc. It's 3: The -1 AC/Will/Fort, the DC 100 Will PK, and the Profane damage/melee power. Not to mention this is from a tier 3 raid, which came before tier 2 reaper.
    If they changed the name to underwhelming it would be more accurate. The legendary version is far better and if it was not the upgrade to the weapon dice for base damage it would be a straight downgrade from the base weapon.

It is 5 schisms which if you buy schisms with runes is 2500 or double the cost of an item itself. You have to have the base and the sentient as well. The WPM upgraded items are pretty much some of the grindiest items to get since the eSOS and it should reflect that. your DC 100 Will PK is not just a 100 DC but also a very small chance to proc in the first place. Definitely not 100% on vorpal, If you see 1 per quest your doing well.

The change they have made to the proc for the wraps is great and how it should have been from the start. Now they should look at the stuff they did not do so well with.

Edit Scrap the DC 100 and adjust the % for a proc to a known value and balance against the item via Known HP and Proc Rate. Once again my hat is off to the current known rates from this set of loot.
    Last edited by noinfo; 07-24-2020 at 08:44 PM.
    Milacias of Kyber

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Nice

Any chance we could get some a version of Trap The Soul procs that is just a reflavored vorpal effect like this?

Oh, you mean like this?

Or more like this?

Is the Sneak Attack dice classed as untype and would stack with other sources that adds SA dice, such as Silent Avenger set?

If so it does kind of brings back Silent Avenger set into being usable again.

Silent Avenger
    15% Artifact Bonus to Doublestrike and Doubleshot.
    +3 Sneak Attack Dice.
    25% Artifact bonus to Fortification Bypass.
    +10% Artifact bonus to Damage vs. Helpless Opponents.

Tyrannical Tinker
    +3 Sneak Attack Dice.
    +15 Artifact bonus to Melee Power.
    25% Artifact bonus to Fortification Bypass.
    +5 Artifact bonus to Open Lock and Disable Device.

------vs------

Part of the Family
    +15% Artifact bonus to Doublestrike
    +25 Artifact bonus to Melee Power
    +15% Artifact bonus to damage vs the Helpless
    +10% Artifact bonus to Fortification Bypass

The two gear set up are fairly close, though Braided Cutcord belt Dex its below that of Sharn stats. The difference is it that it will require 5 slots to use.

Would be good it if set had +2 Artifact bonus to Assassinate. This would fit with the theme of Tyrannical Tinker.
    Last edited by HuneyMunster; 07-25-2020 at 09:09 AM.

20d20, nothing special there. Rather see 1d20 + 6 level drain that bypasses every ward and doesn't reset after 3 secs.

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    20d20, nothing special there. Rather see 1d20 + 6 level drain that bypasses every ward and doesn't reset after 3 secs.
    Agreed. 20d20 that doesn't scale in current endgame especially in reaper ain't s*** period. I'd rather see it scale ATLEAST or replace it with something that isn't a complete joke.
    Shaox xKahn of Orien server

~Let me in....

Lynnabel,

Would you care to post some caster stuff too? It seems to me that melee loot always get by far the most attention when it comes to raids - so I am hoping this time will be different

Melee often go up alot in damage with raid gear - my FvS build does not use newer raid gear at all, and my sorc before that only used Spiral, which is now gone. Meanwhile the melee I raid with often want multiple pieces of raid gear and gain considerable power from doing so. I still love to host the pug raids twice a week but it would be fun to actually want some of the gear as well as as caster!

Please, make some raid gear that actually improves casters by the same margin as raid gear tends to do for melee Say, 20% cooldown reduction on spells.
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

Community Member

Sorry did you say 20d100?

210 avg extra damage on a 5% (10% for some builds) proc chance for mobs over 5000 HP is really pure flavor. I know its Force and therefore not often resisted, but you're talking about dealing 4% or less of the mob's remaining health, or maybe adding 1/2 to 1/4 of a regular non-crit hit.

20d100 on a ML29 weapon doesnt seem unrealistic, you're only going to be using it pretty much in Legendary content where even trash mobs have hugely inflated HP pools. That'd be 1010 average damage when it procs, again with 5% chance for most players, which is only really equivalent to 1-2 non-crit hits for most L29 builds. If you consider the instakill-under-5000-HP effect as dealing, on average, 2500 damage per proc, then the "failed" proc is still only 1/2 that damage, which is in line with most big burst damage.

Or 20d50 at least, split the difference.

20d20 = 20x10.5 avg = 210 avg non scaling damage.

Not sure i consider that "significant" damage since the mob has to have at least 23.8x that amount at the time of vorpal.
    Last edited by Thar; 07-27-2020 at 06:45 PM.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

If 5K Hp is the threshold to kill it outright damage if over 5K should really be at least in the 3k-5k range for it to be meaningful.

Kambuk

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    20d20 = 20x10.5 avg = 210 avg non scaling damage.

Not sure i consider that "significant" damage since the mob has to have at least 23.8x that amount at the time of vorpal.
    If anything it should be a flat 500, like how all other vorpals work, 10% of the threshold.

Its been more than a month is there going to be a 2nd preview for U47? or is it just going to hit the game with whatever they've changed in the last month?
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast