Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by dozkal-mo View Post
    Want.

The bee theme alone. It could have only that and I would use those wraps.
    So I do have some good news/bad news on that front.

The good news is the bees do physically surround you, and it looks great.

The bad news is the bees are constantly making bee noises.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Oh, you mean like this?

Or more like this?

Can the answer be both/and? These items definitely seem more flavorful and worth working into our current gear sets. At least, it will provide alternatives. The set bonuses are a big improvement.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by ChadB123 View Post
    Can the answer be both/and? These items definitely seem more flavorful and worth working into our current gear sets. At least, it will provide alternatives. The set bonuses are a big improvement.
    Gonna be super real with you - the events of the real world (and some personal stuff that happened that I can't really get into) put me in a position where the U47 first loot draft was honestly not finished work. I am really embarrassed that you all saw my unfinished stuff. Usually only the PC gets to see my early rough drafts :I

I'm glad (barring some minor copyediting stuff and a few effect swaps) people seem decidedly more hyped about the near-final drafts. There's still time to move things but I'm feeling a lot more confident now :)

Maybe I'll even make the bees a little quieter, who knows.

Community Member

Wow, those new handwraps and gloves look awesome.

If that set bonus on those gloves are anything to go by, it looks like we'll actually have a strong consideration to breaking out of Sharn sets, and I'm hyped.

I also can't wait to get those handwraps on my hands.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by ShinuzukaRakam View Post
    I also can't wait to get those handwraps on my hands.
    I hope you like bees!

Oh, you mean like this?

Or more like this?

Sets looking much better, would be even better if they where profane bonus's instead of artifact.

Now just to wait to see what the acid? bow looks like now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

I do like the Bee theme of the handwraps. I assume the bee sounds happen when you vorpal hit with both pieces of the set equipped?

How long does the bee sound last? Until the swarmee/victim is dead?
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Hi Welcome

Gonna be super real with you
    Understood and no judgement. I hope everything is okay.

I’m glad you’ve had more time to work on these items, and I’m happy with what I’ve seen so far.

Community Member

So I'm not sure I'll ever use any of the items previewed so far, but I am still super hyped by them. They are flavorful, the weapons have interesting combinations of effects. I think I'm more excited by what we've seen than Sharn or even Ravenloft - not because these items are better (or I'm more likely to use them) but because they seem cooler.

If this is what U47 looks like, can't wait for Feywild.

Gonna be super real with you - the events of the real world (and some personal stuff that happened that I can't really get into) put me in a position where the U47 first loot draft was honestly not finished work. I am really embarrassed that you all saw my unfinished stuff. Usually only the PC gets to see my early rough drafts :I

I'm glad (barring some minor copyediting stuff and a few effect swaps) people seem decidedly more hyped about the near-final drafts. There's still time to move things but I'm feeling a lot more confident now

Maybe I'll even make the bees a little quieter, who knows.
    See it as a chance to get a wider range of feedback of your early work which means less time wasted if you totally missed what the player base was looking for and more time to twist things around.
    So really a win-win here.

Oh yeah... here's another fan of those wraps and the set boni look excellent for what we've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadB123 View Post
    are those wraps going in VOD or hound? The originals were in hound right?
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Ultimate Lord of Shadows Dreppo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    are those wraps going in VOD or hound? The originals were in hound right?
    The originals (Thaarak Wraps) were in Hound, and these new ones are called Handwraps of the Hound, and they do have a swarm of bees effect. Other than those three decisive clues, it's anyone's guess. Oh the suspense!!

I am not sure the new handwraps will be worn by anyone that already has Duality or the THTH ones, but still are very, very good, a decent alternative with an unique theme. Even if it is not best in slot, it's close enough.

PS even better now that I think about it: supposedly, in feywild we will get an iconic which is an "handwraps based barbarian". And these handwraps now have a purpose: a non-monk wont be getting almost any benefit from Duality, and... wel.. very little people can farm THTH, so these suddenly become the way to go

Oh, you mean like this?

Or more like this?

Those handwraps look great and Sovereign Nightmare is what blackrazor should have had:

No vague chance on vorpal- a straight on vorpal proc
    No useless dc value, just a straight up kill effect

So any chance on actually making the blackrazor proc useful? An actual proc that works exactly like this would be better than it is now.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by noinfo View Post
    Those handwraps look great and Sovereign Nightmare is what blackrazor should have had:

So any chance on actually making the blackrazor proc useful? An actual proc that works exactly like this would be better than it is now.
    Agreed. Should have been on Blackrazor.

Probably won't change, unfortunately.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Hi Welcome

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by noinfo View Post

It's still rather vague. It still says "as if it were the subject of a Phantasmal Killer spell", so it could have a DC it just doesn't tell us. Kind of like the "significant force damage" whatever that means.

Community Member

So I do have some good news/bad news on that front.

The good news is the bees do physically surround you, and it looks great.

The bad news is the bees are constantly making bee noises.
    The real reason why these wraps are Min Level 29: It takes a Legendary Monk to remain centered when surrounded by bees.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    It's still rather vague. It still says "as if it were the subject of a Phantasmal Killer spell", so it could have a DC it just doesn't tell us. Kind of like the "significant force damage" whatever that means.
    I think the "as if it were the subject of a Phantasmal Killer spell" isn't vague. It's tied back to the description of the instant-death effect that happens when you vorpal an enemy with less than 5000 HP.

The "significant force damage", on the other hand, is indeed somewhat vague regarding how much damage it will deal.

Community Member

I have a few questions. How much damage is the force damage supposed to do? Is there a save for the force damage (iirc the normal nightmare effects have the force damage negated if the target makes a will save)? How much damage are the bee effects supposed to do, and is their a save for either of the bee effects? Is the on-being-hit proc for the bee guard automatic, or is there only a chance that it'll go off if you are hit? If it is only a chance, what is the proc rate?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast