Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 111
  1. #61
    Chaotic Evil Mindos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pocket Pita Plane
    Posts
    3,217

  2. #62
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dozkal-mo View Post
    Want.

    The bee theme alone. It could have only that and I would use those wraps.
    So I do have some good news/bad news on that front.

    The good news is the bees do physically surround you, and it looks great.

    The bad news is the bees are constantly making bee noises.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

    "Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

  3. #63
    Community Member ChadB123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Oh, you mean like this?



    Or more like this?

    Can the answer be both/and? These items definitely seem more flavorful and worth working into our current gear sets. At least, it will provide alternatives. The set bonuses are a big improvement.

  4. #64
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChadB123 View Post
    Can the answer be both/and? These items definitely seem more flavorful and worth working into our current gear sets. At least, it will provide alternatives. The set bonuses are a big improvement.
    Gonna be super real with you - the events of the real world (and some personal stuff that happened that I can't really get into) put me in a position where the U47 first loot draft was honestly not finished work. I am really embarrassed that you all saw my unfinished stuff. Usually only the PC gets to see my early rough drafts :I

    I'm glad (barring some minor copyediting stuff and a few effect swaps) people seem decidedly more hyped about the near-final drafts. There's still time to move things but I'm feeling a lot more confident now :)

    Maybe I'll even make the bees a little quieter, who knows.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

    "Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

  5. #65
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Wow, those new handwraps and gloves look awesome.

    If that set bonus on those gloves are anything to go by, it looks like we'll actually have a strong consideration to breaking out of Sharn sets, and I'm hyped.

    I also can't wait to get those handwraps on my hands.

  6. #66
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinuzukaRakam View Post
    I also can't wait to get those handwraps on my hands.
    I hope you like bees!
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

    "Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

  7. #67
    Community Member Yamani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the states
    Posts
    1,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Oh, you mean like this?



    Or more like this?

    Sets looking much better, would be even better if they where profane bonus's instead of artifact.

    Now just to wait to see what the acid? bow looks like now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

  8. #68
    Founder & Super Hero Arkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    8,959

    Default

    I do like the Bee theme of the handwraps. I assume the bee sounds happen when you vorpal hit with both pieces of the set equipped?

    How long does the bee sound last? Until the swarmee/victim is dead?
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

  9. #69
    Community Member ChadB123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Gonna be super real with you
    Understood and no judgement. I hope everything is okay.

    I’m glad you’ve had more time to work on these items, and I’m happy with what I’ve seen so far.

  10. #70
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    161

    Default

    So I'm not sure I'll ever use any of the items previewed so far, but I am still super hyped by them. They are flavorful, the weapons have interesting combinations of effects. I think I'm more excited by what we've seen than Sharn or even Ravenloft - not because these items are better (or I'm more likely to use them) but because they seem cooler.

    If this is what U47 looks like, can't wait for Feywild.

  11. #71
    Staggering LightBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Letters of Lingo
    Posts
    3,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Gonna be super real with you - the events of the real world (and some personal stuff that happened that I can't really get into) put me in a position where the U47 first loot draft was honestly not finished work. I am really embarrassed that you all saw my unfinished stuff. Usually only the PC gets to see my early rough drafts :I

    I'm glad (barring some minor copyediting stuff and a few effect swaps) people seem decidedly more hyped about the near-final drafts. There's still time to move things but I'm feeling a lot more confident now

    Maybe I'll even make the bees a little quieter, who knows.
    See it as a chance to get a wider range of feedback of your early work which means less time wasted if you totally missed what the player base was looking for and more time to twist things around.
    So really a win-win here.

    Oh yeah... here's another fan of those wraps and the set boni look excellent for what we've seen so far.

  12. #72
    Community Member Thar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChadB123 View Post
    Can the answer be both/and? These items definitely seem more flavorful and worth working into our current gear sets. At least, it will provide alternatives. The set bonuses are a big improvement.
    are those wraps going in VOD or hound? The originals were in hound right?
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

  13. #73
    Ultimate Lord of Shadows Dreppo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    are those wraps going in VOD or hound? The originals were in hound right?
    The originals (Thaarak Wraps) were in Hound, and these new ones are called Handwraps of the Hound, and they do have a swarm of bees effect. Other than those three decisive clues, it's anyone's guess. Oh the suspense!!

  14. #74
    Nerino & Daniele's Souls Malex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    126

    Default

    I am not sure the new handwraps will be worn by anyone that already has Duality or the THTH ones, but still are very, very good, a decent alternative with an unique theme. Even if it is not best in slot, it's close enough.


    PS even better now that I think about it: supposedly, in feywild we will get an iconic which is an "handwraps based barbarian". And these handwraps now have a purpose: a non-monk wont be getting almost any benefit from Duality, and... wel.. very little people can farm THTH, so these suddenly become the way to go

  15. #75
    Community Member noinfo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Oh, you mean like this?



    Or more like this?

    Those handwraps look great and Sovereign Nightmare is what blackrazor should have had:

    No vague chance on vorpal- a straight on vorpal proc
    No useless dc value, just a straight up kill effect

    So any chance on actually making the blackrazor proc useful? An actual proc that works exactly like this would be better than it is now.
    Milacias of Kyber

    Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

    The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

  16. #76
    Founder & Super Hero Arkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    8,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noinfo View Post
    Those handwraps look great and Sovereign Nightmare is what blackrazor should have had:

    No vague chance on vorpal- a straight on vorpal proc
    No useless dc value, just a straight up kill effect

    So any chance on actually making the blackrazor proc useful? An actual proc that works exactly like this would be better than it is now.
    Agreed. Should have been on Blackrazor.

    Probably won't change, unfortunately.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

  17. #77
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Krelar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noinfo View Post
    Those handwraps look great and Sovereign Nightmare is what blackrazor should have had:

    No vague chance on vorpal- a straight on vorpal proc
    No useless dc value, just a straight up kill effect

    So any chance on actually making the blackrazor proc useful? An actual proc that works exactly like this would be better than it is now.
    It's still rather vague. It still says "as if it were the subject of a Phantasmal Killer spell", so it could have a DC it just doesn't tell us. Kind of like the "significant force damage" whatever that means.

  18. #78
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    So I do have some good news/bad news on that front.

    The good news is the bees do physically surround you, and it looks great.

    The bad news is the bees are constantly making bee noises.
    The real reason why these wraps are Min Level 29: It takes a Legendary Monk to remain centered when surrounded by bees.

  19. #79
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    It's still rather vague. It still says "as if it were the subject of a Phantasmal Killer spell", so it could have a DC it just doesn't tell us. Kind of like the "significant force damage" whatever that means.
    I think the "as if it were the subject of a Phantasmal Killer spell" isn't vague. It's tied back to the description of the instant-death effect that happens when you vorpal an enemy with less than 5000 HP.

    The "significant force damage", on the other hand, is indeed somewhat vague regarding how much damage it will deal.

  20. #80
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    I have a few questions. How much damage is the force damage supposed to do? Is there a save for the force damage (iirc the normal nightmare effects have the force damage negated if the target makes a will save)? How much damage are the bee effects supposed to do, and is their a save for either of the bee effects? Is the on-being-hit proc for the bee guard automatic, or is there only a chance that it'll go off if you are hit? If it is only a chance, what is the proc rate?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload