Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Call out to other players: Post your Vorpal Keen-Edges please

Hello all,

I am searching the AH on several servers for Vorpal Keen-Edge weapons for quite some time now. And I am beginning to worry that the combination doesn't exist. Would people be so kind and post a screeenshot if you got one?

Alternatively I would be happy for a reaction from SSG to this question, of course.

Does Keen Vorpal and/or Vorpal Keen-Edges (still) get generated in the game?

Thanks in advance.

Cheeers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

They did prior to the "new and improved" random generated loot for HC3 update went live. Afterwards I couldn't tell you :/

Unfortunately there is now more options available which directly makes it harder for "ideal" loot combinations to drop.

Besides I always preferred Vorpal/Draining myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Community Member

it seems that in new loot, vorpal doesn't drop at lowest levels anymore

I have some but they were all from before the loot overhaul.

Last edited by KhellendrosUK; 07-10-2020 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KhellendrosUK View Post
    I have some but they were all from before the loot overhaul.

As this reply shows, you have to search for keen and then manually hover each item to see if the vorpal affix is also there.
    If you try to search for both keen and vorpal the search engine of the auction house will give no results (as the vorpal affix dissapears like every other affix combined with keen.)

Community Member

I think both attributes still drop. I don't know why someone would want both on a weapon. Either keen + critical <something> (for damage) or vorpal + stunning (for CC)
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

The combo exists - I have a +2 Keen/Vorpal dagger, ML:4. But it dropped some time ago, before the latest loot revamp.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    As this reply shows, you have to search for keen and then manually hover each item to see if the vorpal affix is also there.
    If you try to search for both keen and vorpal the search engine of the auction house will give no results (as the vorpal affix dissapears like every other affix combined with keen.)
    Ah, yep. The problem should be fixed moving foward as of the random loot patch (new Keen suffixes will no longer overwrite the prefix) but there's no way to fix the currently existing random/crafted loot with this issue. Behind the scenes, Keen is a Prefix and has prefix string overrides set, but was dropping in a suffix table, making it the second prefix applied - therefore overwriting the original name.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    Besides I always preferred Vorpal/Draining myself.
    Before a toon has Improved Crit, "keen" is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    The combo exists ... But it dropped some time ago, before the latest loot revamp.
    That is the question...

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    ...The problem should be fixed moving foward as of the random loot patch...
    @ Lyn' - It ~seems~ that Vorpal is not nearly as common in low-level loot lists (e.g. The Harbor) as it used to be. While I can see some justification for this in-game, it'd be nice to know if that's the case, or whether it's just some bad luck (hence "appearances"). Is it possible that the % has been (significantly) diluted/decreased due to the new additional effects?

Comment?

Community Member ShifterThePirate's Avatar

Am I the only one thinking Vorpal is pretty overrated these days? It was pretty good in the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by ShifterThePirate View Post
    Am I the only one thinking Vorpal is pretty overrated these days? It was pretty good in the old days.
    Sovereign Vorpal is still good.

But regular "vorpal"? Yeah, it's nothing to write home about.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

YMMV, but I find that low level vorpal repeating crossbows are still pretty darn nice to have. Not saying I couldn't manage without one, but until at least lvl 10 weapons (RL) become available, I use a vorpal if I can.

I think it really depends on the difficulty level and your own levels of power. Leveling on mid to high reaper, vorpal is often faster than DPSing down a non-protected mob, at least in my experience. R1 and below, good DPS makes vorpal largely irrelevant. If I didn't have the gear I have plus the past lives, I might still want vorpal even below R4.

I know how to search for it.
    I know that Vorpal Keen dropped before the revamp.

My question was:

I haven't seen the old combination drop so far. That is possible because of a low drop rate. But I haven't seen the new combination anywhere. And by anywhere I mean both AHs on every server.

Is the new combination even possible?

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    ...Raiding is pointless because gear will eventually be replaced by better gear. Past lives are forever and thus are the only character improvement that is worth the trouble of acquiring...

It's still quite good when you are fighting enemies who don't have substantially over 1000 HP. The HP lock on insta-killing is the real downer. But when you can walk up to a monster and roll a 20 on the first attack and it flops over dead, this is very satisfying and effective.

It's nothing compared to the OLD days, when Vorpal was an on-crit effect, and you'd have people with a vorpal weapon and a 13-20 critical range just annihilating whole maps before anybody else could get into the room.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    My question was:

hi titus,

yes, vorpal of keen edge weapons do drop after the random gen u46p2 update:

(you can tell that these are post u46p2 random gen weapons because they follow the new keen suffix naming "of keen edges")

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    it seems that in new loot, vorpal doesn't drop at lowest levels anymore
    this might be true - I will have to keep an eye out; when the random gen update changed it so that certain u46p2 "special enchantments are now included in random loot from levels 5 and above", it might also have made it now so that vorpal only drops on random gen weapons starting at ml5.

TYVM Graskitch!
    That answered my question.

Ballrus, did your weapon drop recently? After the random loot patch?

Cheers,
    Titus.

Hmm. Same one Gras screenied?
    Seen on HC server AH, badly over-priced:

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    TYVM Graskitch!
    That answered my question.

Ballrus, did your weapon drop recently? After the random loot patch?

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Nope. A few years.
    After last update, only saw vorpal/keen with min lvl 5, maybe still drop with min lvl 1?
    Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    ...Raiding is pointless because gear will eventually be replaced by better gear. Past lives are forever and thus are the only character improvement that is worth the trouble of acquiring...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast