Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hero
    ([ ]'.')>-{===> <( ;..; <)

It's really cool, yeah I just wish that I would be rewarded with loot fitting my level when doing elite or reaper quests. I see no reason why it shouldn't be tied to the base level of the quest instead of the modified level since people often want to run the quest at level to not get the XP penalty. Maybe there's a way to tie it to the character level (up to a maximum of the modified level)? It always feel bad to receive rewards that you can't use

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicis View Post
    which seems to be incredibly rare.
    It could just be luck but I've found 5 blueshine total since the change.

1 I quarterstaff purchased from the auction house on my main server
    2 quarterstaffs pulled from my main server (both end rewards)
    2 quarterstaffs pulled on hardcore (I've already forgotten whether this was from an end reward list or chest)

All were quarterstaffs which is actually what I would have wanted even though I am a greatsword build primarily.

So it's a small sample size, but I have been wondering if blueshine only drops on quarterstaffs.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    The continued massive power creep and devaluation of raids makes me sad.
    An even bigger problem is that while I am running reapers solo on my first life free-to-play character once I get to level cap I wouldn't dare join a too hot too handle raid on normal due to concerns over getting banned/blamed/booted if things don't go well - which does happen at least on my server.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gniewomir View Post
    While running heroics sure, those are not challenging enough to make nameds must have. But at lvl 30 endgame... In my opinion random loot is terrible. Numbers are too low, for example (if im correct) stats are capping at 15 while named items can provide 22, so it's almost +50%. C crafted wizardry caps at 330, nameds - at 480 (45% more). List goes on and on and probably named loot in next expansion will make the gap even bigger.
    Level 29 gear and raid gear is where the scaling takes off for named items. At level 15, sharn loot offers the same bonuses as cannith crafted. At level 30, there's a wide gap but if you're not planning on staying at cap it doesn't matter lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FTPDDO View Post
    So it's a small sample size, but I have been wondering if blueshine only drops on quarterstaffs.
    I've read about a bunch of quarterstaffs and like one club. I also wonder if it's bugged etc.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FTPDDO View Post
    Pulled a blueshine greatclub.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    Pulled a blueshine greatclub.
    This just reminded me of something, there might be something missing in a list somewhere that would produce this behavior. I'll investigate and report back.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

This just reminded me of something, there might be something missing in a list somewhere that would produce this behavior. I'll investigate and report back.
    I hope this isn't for removing blueshine off clubs (& other wood items); they might naturally be immune to rust but they're handy for ooze beaters for preventing the acid damage from wrecking them.

Threads like this make me really happy
    Can we please bring back Night's Grasp?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Youre not getting all those same stats on one slot of RNG loot. Sure you can take 2-3 slots to get equal or better stats, but what is on that armor is on the same one item.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    Can we please bring back Night's Grasp?
    Already back, my friend
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

I've been on the hardcore server a bit, and I'm really liking the trade-offs between random, named, and crafted gear. Add leveling vs favor vs gear as well.

These types of choices make player design and power accumulation interesting.

I've found myself wanting to level up crafting, mostly because I can.

I hope some day SSG will take this same philosophy into game play and some day start supporting competitive play choices.

I really miss them, and teleporting my hire to grab agro ever 30 feet is a poor replacement for a skilled stealth/agro system.

When I get agro, it seems silly to stand safely behind a wall while my low level hire kills things.

The system is unskilled and way to easy to game, and you would be far better off just letting us make interesting decisions, at least for those of us that want a power level appropriate to content.
    Last edited by nokowi; 07-10-2020 at 10:53 AM.

DDO Official Troubadour Taurnish's Avatar

I am enjoying the new random loot. Have the guards been proven to work? I pulled a couple of slay living and trap the soul guard items but my character on hardcore is not usually in the midst of the melee. I know some of the named loot with guards was not working at one time (those bracers of sun and moon if I recall correctly). The names are nice as well. I have a maul of the tyrant. Very fitting for a warchanter I think.

Lynnabel, Will any of these new prefixes/ suffixes be added to the cannith crafting system?
    Cannith! Too many alts to list. Lorrtusk, Lorrtank (my main), Lorrgar, Batonrouge, Jimmyhendrix, Jimipage, Ironzealot, Lorrsane, Taurnish, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurnish View Post
    I am enjoying the new random loot. Have the guards been proven to work? I pulled a couple of slay living and trap the soul guard items but my character on hardcore is not usually in the midst of the melee. I know some of the named loot with guards was not working at one time (those bracers of sun and moon if I recall correctly). The names are nice as well. I have a maul of the tyrant. Very fitting for a warchanter I think.

Lynnabel, Will any of these new prefixes/ suffixes be added to the cannith crafting system?
    The trap the soul guard works, I have a docent on my mechapup and I've picked up a few soul gems. Not alot, but it is working.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Youre not getting all those same stats on one slot of RNG loot. Sure you can take 2-3 slots to get equal or better stats, but what is on that armor is on the same one item.
    This is correct.

But right now, I've got most everything covered... Plus some stuff you can't find in RL. My armor has Heightend Awareness +2, Light Resistance +17, Dodge +5%, and Insight Fire Resistance +10.

That's some pretty good stuff, and some it is stuff you CAN'T find on named Ravenloft items.

With just random loot, I'm about as good as I would be with RL gear. Not quite as good. RL gear is still better... But not so much better that I feel the need to farm for it.

That's a pretty good system.
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    The additions are sensical and desirable. All in all, welcome and well done.
    Agreed!

I'm constantly finding new effects and stopping to be very pleasantly surprised at what I'm seeing...

"Thamaturgical" is the new potential jackpot (for casters) - still very random, but if/when they come together, just money.

"Silver Flame" armor, with about every bonus a Turning cleric could want.

Various "guards" - deathblock, freezing, earthgrab, wind-buffet, etc etc - and perhaps my favorite, "Soul Stealing" guard (soul-gem bag not included).

(Certainly a couple other "combination effects" that I'm forgettting)

AND Mithril armor! (And Silver, Byeshk and Flame Touched!)
    \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    This is correct.

But right now, I've got most everything covered... Plus some stuff you can't find in RL. My armor has Heightend Awareness +2, Light Resistance +17, Dodge +5%, and Insight Fire Resistance +10.

That's some pretty good stuff, and some it is stuff you CAN'T find on named Ravenloft items.

With just random loot, I'm about as good as I would be with RL gear. Not quite as good. RL gear is still better... But not so much better that I feel the need to farm for it.

That's a pretty good system.
    When someone has farmed the newer named items for a particular level range they have 10-15 attributes on their character that a character with only RNG loot cant fit in.

The power is not in the values. Its in the consolidation, and additional attributes on named loot.

In situations where you have to remember to swap gear for specific encounters the guy clad in named stuff has it all covered and simply keeps running forward.

This will be even more exacerbated in legendary content, for those who make it there, but is more of an issue on live servers than it is on HC where no one will be able to farm a perfect gear set.

If it were up to me Id *ONLY* have the RNG system. Static loot, especially static named loot, is where much of the power creep in MMOs exists. A RNG only system, similar to Diablo 2 for instance, means having to creatively gear a character and purposely making it so they cannot have everything covered with one gear set.
    Last edited by Chai; 07-10-2020 at 01:11 PM.
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Community Member

It's actually pretty entertaining.

Random loot has just been junk that I sell for money. There wasn't much point in wasting time looking at it. Now I look forward to seeing what's in there or on the end quest list on the chance that something surprising or useful will show up. Very nice addition to the game that revives an old element from D&D that frankly has been missing: loot is fun!
    "I didn't change my mind, It changed all by itself" – Luna

Community Member

When someone has farmed the newer named items for a particular level range they have 10-15 attributes on their character that a character with only RNG loot cant fit in.

The power is not in the values. Its in the consolidation, and additional attributes on named loot.

In situations where you have to remember to swap gear for specific encounters the guy clad in named stuff has it all covered and simply keeps running forward.

This will be even more exacerbated in legendary content, for those who make it there, but is more of an issue on live servers than it is on HC where no one will be able to farm a perfect gear set.

If it were up to me Id *ONLY* have the RNG system. Static loot, especially static named loot, is where much of the power creep in MMOs exists. A RNG only system, similar to Diablo 2 for instance, means having to creatively gear a character and purposely making it so they cannot have everything covered with one gear set.
    Definitely have more enchantments altogether using all named items but I've found with both the Sharn and Ravenloft sets there's always a certain amount of overlap with some of the enchantments or simply the odd enchantment on an item that isn't useful for a particular build, or you end up needing certain combination of enchantments to fill gaps that aren't available on the named items of that level. Varies a lot depending on your build and my experience is maybe different because I don't raid so don't have access to raid items.

But what I missed most is opening random chests and finding something really nice, and you can find some items like that now in random loot, rare mind because the loot gods have to look kindly on you. I liked the original system where certain iconic named items could drop in any chest of a particular level albeit very rare, and whilst still there they're very outdated and don't go beyond level 10.

On the HC server there was a level 6 weapon with Lightning Strike as well as some other nice DPS touches.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (>17), Naerfelka (>21)
    wounded and burnt from many mistakes and still stumbling!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicis View Post
    The trap the soul guard works, I have a docent on my mechapup and I've picked up a few soul gems. Not alot, but it is working.
    Funny part for me is I got it on a level 3 ring. I had to wait until I faced L10 mobs to see if it worked.

Again, not as big a difference with the new random loot as it used to be.

That's my point. It's a lot closer than it used to be. There a lot of effects in the new named loot now. I'm running 100% random gear, and I've got just about everything covered. I mostly just keep running forward. The one thing I'm missing is ghostly. I do have to swap bracers when fighting wraiths and what-not.

This will be even more exacerbated in legendary content
    This is probably true. End gear sets are pretty powerful. Still, I haven't seen the new random gear at end-game. I doubt it holds up, but it will be interesting to see.

The new random gear definitely works well in heroic.
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast