Community Member

Default Forum unuseable on desktop computer

***???? Screen text unintelligibly overlaid. White-on-pale text. Cannot even log in (with the same credentials that just worked fine from Android phone. Using
    Firefox on both). Very clever way to stifle complaints: demand that people enter them on a matchbook cover.

Sounds like you may be stuck on the Mobile version, which is a bug that inexplicably happens some times. Happens to me once a year or so, also using Firefox - not sure if that's related.

Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and there should be an option to switch to Desktop view, which will fix it.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Sounds like you may be stuck on the Mobile version, which is a bug that inexplicably happens some times. Happens to me once a year or so, also using Firefox - not sure if that's related.

Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and there should be an option to switch to Desktop view, which will fix it.
    I always play in full screen what do you mean by mobile mode.

Community Member ShifterThePirate's Avatar

Try refresh your browser cache... CTRL+F5
    Or an other browser and see if it works there. If it does the problem is your Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by Whistleberry View Post
    ***???? Screen text unintelligibly overlaid. White-on-pale text. Cannot even log in (with the same credentials that just worked fine from Android phone. Using
    Firefox on both). Very clever way to stifle complaints: demand that people enter them on a matchbook cover.
    Try to update your Firefox to the latest version.

Also, Chrome works better to browse DDO forums.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I use Vivaldi, works quite good, too.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Community Manager

Whenever you get to a mobile version of the forums, if you scroll to the bottom of the page there is a Go to Full Site link that should resolve the issue for you.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Time Bandit
    DDO Players Council

I've had some stuff like that -- it's usually either wrong browser, or bad RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Whenever you get to a mobile version of the forums, if you scroll to the bottom of the page there is a Go to Full Site link that should resolve the issue for you.
    It would also be nice if the mobile version weren't terrible and unusable. When I try using it on mobile (chrome or brave, both on android), the text is all crammed into a 1-3 character wide strip down the right edge of my screen. So my choices on mobile are to try to see the tiny text on desktop mode, or to talk about ddo on reddit or discord, instead of the official forums.

Community Member

Here's the link to full site in the case you have trouble finding it.

Isn''t there some way on a phone to get websites to load the full web version and not the mobile version? I thought if you turned your phone to the side instead of holding it vertical?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Isn''t there some way on a phone to get websites to load the full web version and not the mobile version? I thought if you turned your phone to the side instead of holding it vertical?
    I don't know if there is another trick with the phone itself - but that same button works on mobile devices. Takes you to the full site, and not that abomination of eye stain which is the mobile one.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Here's the link to full site in the case you have trouble finding it.
    I'm aware. But the full site doesn't follow any UX standards about proper text scaling, so is nearly as unreadable on mobile as the mobile site is. Ultimately, SSG needs to upgrade their forum software. This isn't an inherent problem with vBulletin, which they're using; other vBulletin sites handle mobile just fine (e.g. Giant in the Playground). They just seem to be using a horribly out of date version of vBulletin.