Community Member

Default Is Divine Vessel just not worth it?

I’m finishing up my 2nd life and I really want to make a melee cleric build next. Already know it’s not going to be superb but I’ve done a caster cleric in the past and I don’t want to do it again just yet.

Falconry looks amazing with wis-hit/dam and all the helpless support. War priest on the other hand... I can’t figure out if I should be focusing on melee power or spell power. I’m in love with the idea of divine vessel for a massive cleave and righteous weapon for the 10d6 light damage but they scale separately which seemed kind of weird to me.

My idea was to go SWF with a good light orb (blazing sun?) for the spell power and I’m still looking into long swords for a easy Crit profile. The attack speed and vorpal range seems perfect for righteous weapon, but should I just drop divine vessel. Seems really limited and I haven’t been able to find any info on how it scales into late/end game

Community Member

I'd say it's probably not worth putting points in.

FvS are stuck going t5 warsoul to get vital crit increases, but Clerics only get that bonus by going war domain, not enhancements.
    Their T5s are lackluster for DPS, I think the devs intended them to be bulky juggernauts with high survivability, not damage.

As such, if you need/want melee damage as a Cleric, warpriest is only a small consolation prize.
    war domain Clerics get a bunch of bonuses to tactical DCs (especially since you're going Falconry), but absolutely no native way to use them.

Swf is probably a good idea, though the recent changes to Thf deserve a mention.

If you absolutely need melee DPS, look for it in Vistani instead. As much as I might love Smite the Foe and all the associated enhancements, a single melee ability does not a melee fighter make.
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    FvS are stuck going t5 warsoul to get vital crit increases, but Clerics only get that bonus by going war domain, not enhancements.
    Their T5s are lackluster for DPS, I think the devs intended them to be bulky juggernauts with high survivability, not damage.
    Makes sense. Can't have the poster-boy for healing also capable of putting out as much melee dps as a fighter.

Community Member

Warsoul is a better line than warpriest. But if you go war domain, you can get your improved crit range and multiplier AND have healing aura. That's the signature of a warpriest.
    You can also do wis to hit/damage from the falconry line and get a respectable amount of hit/damage from divine crusader. Relative to an fvs warsoul, you'll have worse dps but better defense.