Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post

Levik's True Champion Tower Shield
    Minimum Level: 29
    Damage Dice: 5[1d12]
    Critical Profile: 20/x2
    Shield Bonus: +23

• Enhancement Bonus +15
    • Healers Bounty This shield has a small percentage chance to cast a Heal spell on you when you take damage.
    • Legendary Cacophonic Guard This item stores resonant power of pure sound within it. When the wearer is successfully attacked in melee, this power occassionally comes to the surface, dealing an overwhelming amount of Sonic damage to the attacker
    • Physical Sheltering +55
    • Mithral
    • Purple Augment Slot
    • Green Augment Slot
    • Set Bonus Legacy of Levikk
      • 2 Pieces Equipped: +10% Artifact bonus to Armor Class and +100% Artifact bonus to Melee Threat Generation.

Does the Healer's Bounty count as being self-cast for Reaper healing penalty? If it counts as self-cast, then Reaper penalties make this a lot less attractive than when it first came out in the Heroic version years ago.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Sharn Tier - 4. These are meant to be equally as competitive as Sharn Raid Loot.
    Lyn, you are a Jester xD.

Ok guys, we have alot of work to do this round..
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    There is no shortage of content in this game for the weakest 5% of players.

For most content, they have three difficulties designed solely for them, Casual, Normal and Hard.

Community Member

I'm glad the people who care about raid loot are in full effect. lets fix this stuff!

Crown of Bone Head Slot
    Minor Artifact
    Max Filigree Slots: 3

• Eidolon Summons On Being Damaged: Animates a portion of the wearer's shadow to support them in battle. The shadow remains animate for 30 seconds and can be created once every 120 seconds.
    • Augment Summoning
    • Will +18
    • Heightened Awareness +10
    • Blue Augment Slot
    • Green Augment Slot
    • Yellow Augment Slot
    Quite weird, on a ML29 item, especially on an artifact, having Heightened Awareness. AFAIK we hadnt had that feature on epic items (except for challenge items). Shouldnt this be Parrying, like it is on most items?

I am looking for a good endgame short sword so this caught my eye:

Blade of the Clouds Short Sword
    Minimum Level: 6/27
    Damage Dice: [1d6]/5[1d6]
    Critical Profile: 19-20/x2

• Enhancement Bonus +4/+15
    • Favored Weapon This weapon has a divine attunement and gains bonuses as if it were a Favored Weapon regardless of your Deity.
    • FinesseThis weapon has a Small air elemental bound to it. The wielder can use a finesse weapon as if they had the Weapon Finesse feat. In addition, the weapon grants a +2 enhancement bonus to the wielder's Dexterity score.
    • Cloudburst On Vorpal, this weapon triggers a Cloudburst, striking its target with lightning and dealing sonic damage to surrounding enemies through a powerful thunderclap. ???
    • Electrifying 2d6/6d6
    • Red Augment Slot
    Having favoured weapon option is such a great idea but the dps is not very good
    Last edited by kanordog; 06-23-2020 at 12:58 PM.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by GordolGreydon View Post
    I'm glad the people who care about raid loot are in full effect. lets fix this stuff!
    That's the kind of attitude I was hoping to see!

As a note, this update's loot started out as about as 1:1 to its heroic versions as I could make it. I went into this preview expecting players to want more than just that, so if you want to chime in with concrete suggestions please feel encouraged to do so.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

This raid loot list is a pretty huge letdown. And I don't think I'm the only person who's looking at this and thinking "why should I bother"? Some of hte caster items are great (thanks for making some EK weapons (even though they're the wrong weapon type) and some nice spell crit sets). Unfortunately, that's about as far as it goes.

Weapons
    All of the ones meant for hitting things need a second pass. Give them *all* keen/impact and they would still be worse than Stradh/Baba/PN/THTH items, since you don't get the vulnerability that's iconic on those.
    My suggestion? Give them LGS things, like dust/ooze etc. So we cna finally move away from LGS weapons, and so that they're "better" than stradh etc. things without strictly being "better".
    Second, just increase the DC on all procs to like 120 at least. You know. We know. Everyone knows that DC 100 is saved on a 2 by all mobs in sharn on R1. The proc is % chance anyways, even no-save wouldn't be spectacular. At least make us want the item(s).

Transcendent vestment > how about giving it +15 Melee power, +10% profane doublestrike? At least one of the two and you could maybe want it for some item builds instead of POTF.

Set Bonus Fastidious Fabricator
    2 Pieces Equipped: +3 Artifact bonus to Attack and Damage, and +25% Artifact bonus to Fortification.

How about same stats just more? 3 dmg is pretty insignificant for a 2-piece raid set. Especially as the items occupy bracers (competing with Kalok and brightlord) and gloves (competing with hammerfist). No one will ever use those two items as they are now. Either buff the set significantly, or buff the individual items.

All the shields.
    I'm assuming it's a typo, but they do have +XdX+10? right? Otherwise no one will use the bashing shield since it competes with e.g. the best defense which has ridiculously more damage if these shields do not have that perk.

EDIT: Also the attacking quarterstaff (Legendary Alchemical Quarterstaff) will never be used over Staff of shadows. I know you kinda put yourself in the corner by giving sos +1 multiplier. But at least make this even remotely attractive to make up for it. Give it dust and ooze, or at least one of them. Give it impact so it's 7W.
    Last edited by A-O; 06-23-2020 at 01:03 PM.
    Formerly known as Absolute-Omniscience, co-creator of the old DPS calc.

On the Titan Control Matrix can you replace the qaulity mmr with summon warforged titan?

1/rest lasts 5 min, CR scales like legendary ooze?

That way you can actually control a warforged titan.

Personally I think that would be the coolest thing ever but if thats too far out of scope I get it.

Either way the items look pretty cool and unique.

As a note, this update's loot started out as about as 1:1 to its heroic versions as I could make it. I went into this preview expecting players to want more than just that, so if you want to chime in with concrete suggestions please feel encouraged to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by GordolGreydon View Post
    Lorikk's True Champion -

Can we get that changed to something useful?

Maybe Enhanced Devotion, A temp HP guard or a heal guard or something? Right now it's semi-useful for clerics and none of the other healers.
    This is a concrete suggestion. An alternative to the belt would be very cool. As it is everything revolves around keeping that belt on as a healer.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

The Heart of Suulomades
    Minor Artifact

• Quality Constitution +5
    • Insightful Resistance +8
    • Devil's Blood This artifact, while equipped, grants you some of the innate protections of a Horned Devil. You are warded against Curses, Poison, and Fear.
    • Devil's Bones +31% Enhancement bonus to Chaos absorption
    • Blue Augment Slot
    • Green Augment Slot
    • Yellow Augment Slot
    Please drop Insightful Resistance +8 for something better. Most items used by players at level 29 already give Parrying 10 which won't stack with it and are already better than it. Maybe replace it for Quality PRR or MRR since it looks more like a defensive artifact and you probably dont want to overstack it by putting Constitution +22 on it.

Just going to add this here: The new raid filigree's(Threads of fate):
    Sanctified fervor/Reverbration: Charisma +2 (Rare MRR +4)
    Soulweaver/Splendid Cacophony: Constitution +2(Rare PRR +4)
    Dance of the Wind/Next Fall: Dex +2(Rare PRR +4)
    Bravery Throughout/Shattered Devices: +6 PRR(Rare +4 MRR)
    Zarigan's Arcane Enlightenment/Voltaic Experiment: Int +2 (Rare MRR +4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Default Ki on wraps please

Thank you for the invite

Can you put the +3 ki on both the wraps -- at least the Hound wraps-- (or + something). Monks are limited to Precision Goggles or the Moonrise Bracers as the only +3 ki gear that exists. That takes away several gear options when using and the rest of those things on the gear is usually redundant from other gear we have -- so pretty much would just have to use the slot up to get the +3 ki.

I think all legendary wraps should always include some +ki to allow us to flex more with equipment. Thank you for your ki of listening

Community Member

Default Lorikk's True Champion Large Shield ~ Hopeful Edit

Lorikk's True Champion Large Shield
    Damage Dice: 5[1d8]
    Critical Profile: 20/x2
    Shield Bonus: +20
    Heal, Mass 3 Charges, Caster Level 17
    Enhancement Bonus +15
    Enhanced Devotion +202: Passive: +202 Enhancement bonus to Positive (Healing) Spell Power
    Divine Augmentation IX
    Dragon's Blessing: On Friend-Targeted Spell Cast: 5% chance of AOE Healing Effect (If you can rename this effect to flavor it nicely that would be great)
    Purple Augment Slot
    Blue Augment Slot
    Set Bonus Legacy of Lorikk
    2 Pieces Equipped: +10% Artifact bonus to Positive Critical Chance and +50 Artifact bonus to Positive Spell Power.

This would be a great Healer themed shield! Maybe Change the Blue to an orange augment?
    Last edited by GordolGreydon; 06-23-2020 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Because we already have a bastard sword from Ravenloft that is better than the long sword?
    That sword is **** and Locked behind a raid. Then there is the other 3 "end game" ones that 2 are chaos and 1 is evil.

As a reminder, phrasing feedback like this makes it hard for me to engage with you. Remember that you're talking to a real human and that things can absolutely change - this is what previews are for.

This cloak is on my shortlist to make a lot more attractive. Unfortunately, the original item is not very inspirational. If you have ideas on how to make it cooler, let me know.
    You’re correct, my apologies, I’m a little passionate about bards, and it gets the best of me at times.

Unfortunately, the real issue with this cloak is that the only good suit of Armor sets for a Spellsinger is the Flamecleansed Fury, which has a cloak as part of the set, so the Bard Cloak is in a bad spot, it would be better served to make it a different slot item.

if there was a way to add this cloak to that set and have more Bardly boosts then it might be worth examining in more detail. Currently the Flamecleansed cloak is mostly a waste on a bard due to it being more FvS based, but it’s the only set with Medium that boosts Cha and DCs, and endgame needs Medium or else the MRR cap is too painful.
    Last edited by Dielzen; 06-23-2020 at 01:18 PM.
    Dielz on the Cannith Server
    Alts: Dielzen, Veldruk, Faska, and numerous others

Hmmm, both excited and disappointed that there's nothing new for bards other than a supportive cloak no spellsinger bard is going to wear because it conflicts with the feywild dreamer and flamecleansed sets. It would be better off as a necklace or, better yet, a ring. At least I won't have to worry about farming new stuff and playing gear tetris on my main, now.

Time to look at some cosmetics!
    Last edited by HastyPudding; 06-23-2020 at 01:23 PM.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

2015 DDO Players Council
    The Legendary Fighter God

So, there seems to be nothing that my THF greataxe wielding melee will want from this entire list of items. The alchemical procs are worthless with a DC of 100 against the current endgame. There's also no customizable component to any of this.

The loot itself is also rather lackluster for a DPS character. Nothing is consolidated, and being pidgeon-holed into a "part of the family set" - with nothing to compete with it - renders all new necklaces, armors, and gloves essentially useless for a melee DPS.

To me, this is problematic.
    Check out my Twitch Channel
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    Soulweaver/Splendid Cacophony: Constitution +2(Rare PRR +4)
    This one is bugged (both normal and rare). Wrong sets (Sanctified Fervor/Reverberation).

Quote Originally Posted by Dielzen View Post
    You’re correct, my apologies, I’m a little passionate about bards, and it gets the best of me at times.

Unfortunately, the real issue with this cloak is that the only good suit of Armor sets for a Spellsinger is the Flamecleansed Fury, which has a cloak as part of the set, so the Bard Cloak is a non-starter.

if there was a way to add this cloak to that set and have more Bardly boosts then it might be worth examining in more detail. Currently the Flamecleansed cloak is mostly a waste on a bard due to it being more FvS based, but it’s the only set with Medium that boosts Cha and DCs, and endgame needs Medium or else the MRR cap is too painful.
    Feywild Dreamer set is superior to the Flamecleansed set for a spellcasting spellsinger bard in almost every way. I haven't had much of an issue with MRR being at a 100 cap. I reach it easily and anything over 100 MRR tends to rapidly have diminishing returns. Unless you're a monk, 100 MRR is the benchmark for any build, anyway.

Regardless, both sets use cloaks, so still a no for me.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Trinkets
    The Fang of Xyzzy
    Minor Artifact

• Natural Armor Bonus +22
    • Thorny Crown of Madness This legendary artifact resonates with cruel and delightful madness. Strikes with your melee weapons have a chance to confuse your target, allowing them to harm and be harmed by friend and foe alike. Furthermore, hits with your melee weapons against Confused targets deal an additional 10d6 Chaos damage.
    • Hound's Blood This artifact, while equipped, grants you some of the innate protections of a Thaarak. You are warded against Charms, Poison, and Petrification.
    • Hound's Bones +31% Enhancement bonus to Chaos absorption
    • Blue Augment Slot
    • Green Augment Slot
    • Yellow Augment Slot

The Heart of Suulomades
    Minor Artifact

• Quality Constitution +5
    • Insightful Resistance +8
    • Devil's Blood This artifact, while equipped, grants you some of the innate protections of a Horned Devil. You are warded against Curses, Poison, and Fear.
    • Devil's Bones +31% Enhancement bonus to Chaos absorption
    • Blue Augment Slot
    • Green Augment Slot
    • Yellow Augment Slot
    Considering Suloomades is Lawful and Xyzzi Chaotic, shouldnt one of those actually provide law absorption, from a lore perspective?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast