Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Standalone Quest: The Promise of Flame

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

The Promise of Flame is a new standalone dungeon for levels 6/27!

The Promise of Flame is granted by Lady Sera Jaymes in the Searing Heights Wilderness Adventure Area. The dungeon itself is then located in the Searing Heights.

Known Issues
    • Recalling from the dungeon as a non-vip pulls up a message that the content is a premium feature and will not recall.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 06-23-2020 at 01:03 PM.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

The Promise of Fire is a new standalone dungeon for levels 6/27!

The Lord of Blades is granted by Lady Sera Jaymes in the Searing Heights Wilderness Adventure Area. The dungeon itself is then located in the Searing Heights.

Known Issues
    • N/A
    Part in red: ??
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

played r1 on a level 10 swash

painful traps, there might have some bypass mechanic that I was too lazy to explore. if not, it's really painful.

could not recall from the dungeon, it said relic is a premium feature, I had to teleport out...

collapsing floor to some optional xp, around 200 for a lot of work, and a locked chest

generally, DDO store did not seem to be working

Barriers are unable to be accessed, blocked by doors

Community Member

iirc I could not find the quest in the quest list.

BUG: Quest giver in Searing Heights is not marked on the map

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post

painful traps, there might have some bypass mechanic that I was too lazy to explore. if not, it's really painful.

could not recall from the dungeon, it said relic is a premium feature, I had to teleport out...

collapsing floor to some optional xp, around 200 for a lot of work, and a locked chest

generally, DDO store did not seem to be working
    Did not see the optional, where was it?
    Last edited by Malex; 06-23-2020 at 03:51 PM.

BUG (?): the big scorrow guy was staying alive even at 0 HP (was knocked down by adrenaline, in EE difficulty). I had to move him down the hallway to kill him. Is it WAI?
    Fight here https://youtu.be/92ToDyJ9G1o?t=404 (at 6:41) to showcase what I mean

Community Member

I think the scorrow was an intended quest mechanic.
    The crumbling floor was in the first part of the quest somewhere

Post My thoughts and suggestions...

Quote Originally Posted by Malex View Post
    BUG (?): the big scorrow guy was staying alive even at 0 HP (was knocked down by adrenaline, in EE difficulty). I had to move him down the hallway to kill him. Is it WAI?
    Fight here https://youtu.be/92ToDyJ9G1o?t=404 (at 6:41) to showcase what I mean
    Same problem with me both in heroic and in legendary when it drops to 0 of life it does not die immediately and continues to attack... it can also be linked to the lag of the server lammania pultroppo there are too many people who are testing and the server does not hold much... everything could be just a bug...

Here is this and the thing that I did not like there is no way to deactivate some traps that mechanically can be deadly and annoying for many people...[/QUOTE]

let me make you a graphic drawing of the problem ...

Mechanically in a hypothetical veteran party you should "split" the group to be able to clear both sides more efficiently ... being generally an adventurer party consisting of 6 people 3 heroes will go to the "Easy" part where you have to attack and enough the scorpions and 3 heroes (or one based on whether there is a trapper in the party or not) go to the "difficult" part full of deadly traps, according to the reasoning of SSG in my opinion, they want this part to be made of a minimum of 4-2 people in heroic one person at most who has high saving throws to bypass the traps and take the first crest in the "difficult" part while the other will go in the "easy" part killing only the enemies and enough, while in Epic / legendary in a group of 6 veteran people this is not a problem unless there are first lifers with 0 saving throws then the matter for these last people gets complicated because not being able to dodge the traps dies on already 2 seconds, this is a general problem of DDO where in quests with many traps people with few saving throws die in 2 seconds while the veteran runs through it as if nothing had happened without taking damage ... if instead there was the possibility to disable these traps the matter then would be feasible and not only... but it would add an extra XP value to disable the traps which is never bad...

But the real problem lies in the last room before the boss... in fact after having opened the gate with the 2 crests and solved a simple puzle you will have to overcome a gigantic room sown with deadly blades. unfortunately these blades if you don't always have high saving throws you can't do it, activating the levers does not require any mechanics or to open them at the same time simply just open them one by one and you enter the final room of the boss... the problem though and that damned floor that if you don't have high saving throws you won't pass...

the solution would be in that case to make it possible to disable those traps in this way would make life easier even for those who do not have high saving throws...

, DDO store did not seem to be working
    But do you guys read the posts before writing ?! read carefully what he wrote Cocomajobo...

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Known Issues
    • Recalling from the dungeon as a non-vip pulls up a message that the content is a premium feature and will not recall.
    As for the DDO store in Lamannia, I also noticed that the black screen doesn't work and that's all

Speaking of the reward of experience... it seems to me a little bit for a dungeon like this ... counting that it is full of traps and you can die easily... I have no idea of the experience that gives in heroic that not verified... but I can say that in epic and very little for me...

In my opinion, being the experience of the optional 40k is a little bit ... I would do it at 50k or 55k of experience also counting the fact that in Reaper it will be more ... apart from the little loot it gives, I don't know if it's worth running this quest ... there is the Indiana Jonse concept and cute but ... I don't want to do it again every life I go ... at most if I'm in a party of strong people as I mentioned before they manage to bypass the traps and finish it in 5m then ok but if not certainly a quest not to be done alone or with a group of new players because it will be certain death ... especially if you run in the Hardcore server ... this quest could claim many lives ...
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

The DM literally says, and it comes up on screen, “the damage done to the Scorrow should be enough to destroy it - yet it somehow remains standing! There must be another way to destroy it!” Not sure why people are thinking it’s a bug? Lol
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix93 View Post
    But do you guys read the posts before writing ?! read carefully what he wrote Cocomajobo...
    thanks for the rest of the post... but perhaps if you read Coco's post carefully, you'll notice that it's been edited after my post.

Had some initial difficulty locating the quest giver because I thought it would be next to the quest and it didn't show the giver on the map. I thought the quest was fine on both heroic and epic; though, traps could be toned down a bit. The xp could use a bump up if traps remain the same. The puzzle-to-trap mechanic was interesting, but because you need to pull the 4 levers in the room AND complete the puzzle to open the gate it just ended up with me running through traps to get to the levers. In terms of difficulty, I'd put it somewhere around Gatekeeper's difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabima View Post
    The DM literally says, and it comes up on screen, “the damage done to the Scorrow should be enough to destroy it - yet it somehow remains standing! There must be another way to destroy it!” Not sure why people are thinking it’s a bug? Lol
    YES, The named Scarrow can be killed.

If their is a way you bypass the traps I could not find it. I went into quest on heroic elite with a level 20 rogue.

The end trap room with the light puzzle before it can be made relatively safe.
    Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 54 Alts on Khyber and counting

Fun quest. Ran it on my main on EE. I didn't have the same issues as others in this thread.

Traps on east path could all be timed although the one corner I did get hit half the time.
    The floor + Scorrow was easily understood from DM text and knowing stone is heavy.
    The DM text plus mentioning they have to be killed in their homes was enough to move the Scorrow to the area with same architecture as Offering of Blood.
    The last section took awhile but taking time to count the floor tiles and puzzle tiles plus the inscription was enough to figure it out. Hint: you can turn off the traps in the whole room. I got 46/48 and that was enough to maneuver around.
    I recalled fine. Maybe because I am VIP or didn't use the free code?

Quote Originally Posted by Dabima View Post
    The DM voice did not trigger
    Rewatching the video I see the DM text appearing (yellow was not really outstading from the background, i'm slightly color blind), so I guess the issue was that

New Standalone Quest: The Promise of Flame (Heroic)

Overall I think the plot for the U47 Preview quest, was reasonable though nothing spectacular or "dramatic". Perhaps when it gets the voice-overs and music; it'll give it a lot better atmosphere. Since the quest itself was short and didn't have many objectives - or even traps to disarm - so it was slightly plain and not much of a challenge.

The Promise of Flame: The dungeon artwork reminded me a little of 'Inferno of the Damned' in places - luckily it didn't have the maze-like complexity. ;-)

I learn to be what fights against me.

The quest itself was very linear and involved collecting several 'Crests'. Although luckily the Crests were easy to locate and gather unlike in some quests, e.g. The Underlane Assignment, so that was a huge bonus!

There were a reasonable amount of traps for the quest but unfortunately there didn't seem to be any Control Panels to disarm them. However, none the traps were that difficult to navigate through if you applied some thought. So it was nice change there were plenty of traps but a shame none seemed to be interactable.

Is it time to pull the trap door?

For some bizarre reason: I didn't get any "Trap Danger Warning" for any of the traps whatsoever so I'm assuming you haven't actually completed the (detect the presence of a trap) programming for the traps.

I like the 'Skills check' option for the 'Particularly sturdy vines' although I think you could have made more use of the vines.

There's a bottomless pit that we've been climbing from.

I'm not fully sure how the 'Tile puzzle' worked, it sounded like it was supposed to be trapped although I didn't notice any traps, etc. It wasn't the easiest of tile puzzles for a Level 6 quest. It's fair to say, I would have preferred the tiles themselves to have been "trapped".

There were no black cats in our path.

The preceding room had some traps although very were so few traps in that room, it was hardly worth placing them... So I presume the Tile puzzle effected the results for traps in the "Lever room".

The: Blue, Red, and Yellow Puzzle Wheel gems weren't correctly 'coloured' they were all "blue" colour. The 'text description' was correct, but the crystals on all three wheels were all blue LOL.

Put a fire into your bones.

I was a little surprised there was a Mummy to fight; assuming this is meant to be a Free-to-Play quest? It would the lowest level F2P quest where mummies appear.

I haven't gone into great detail and just reiterated those issues that I found most memorable.
    Last edited by DYWYPI; 06-25-2020 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Grammar.

Like I mentioned earlier the 'Puzzle Wheels' were fairly hard to distinguish between (from casual eyeball) because they ALL had Blue Gems (above the wheel). I suggest you consider altering those gems to match (Blue, Red, and Yellow) so they more easily distinguishable colours or change the colour contrast.

Note: at certain angles and distances the over brightly coloured pips looked more pale whitish than either: Blue, Red, or Yellow. Someone with colour vision deficiency would possibly have to rely upon counting the pips or read the; Wheel text, etc. I'm not on high graphics settings, but still it should be easier to determine the appropriate wheel colours than it is currently.

The Red Puzzle Wheel.

The Yellow Puzzle Wheel.

Those two screenshots were taken where it was easier to tell what colour the Wheel corresponded to. Albeit I personally don't think they're a great example of highlighting the different Wheel colours. For example: the 'Red Puzzle Wheel' only has the faint red colour on the lights and not the plate behind or the gem thus making it harder to determine the Wheel colour.

Ah, I see the Tile Puzzle is semi-random in its initial layout. However, what's the possibility you could do a 'Sokoban' style puzzle, in a future DDO quest? That would be a nice new puzzle challenge for you to try and devise Flimsy. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DYWYPI View Post
    [center]
    Interesting, that is the third different puzzle formation that I have seen here.

Quote Originally Posted by Greantun View Post
    Interesting, that is the third different puzzle formation that I have seen here.
    If I understood how it works, having a lit tile will *disable the traps* on the corresponding large square (colored the same way) in the room above.
    In fact DM says "stay on light and you will be safe, go on dark and you will be doomed" (something like that)

Yes, the 'Puzzle tiles' you light-up will correspond to "Safe" floor tiles for the "Lever room". Therefore the more you can 'light up' the more of the chequered floor is disabled in the next room. Any puzzle tile you leave unlit will of course correspond to a trapped floor panel in the next room.

Depending upon your short-term memory or Character's abilities, etc. You may want to ensure you don't randomly walk around in that; Lever room. Therefore you can use the Puzzle as a guide as to which tiles will be be potentially hazardous. :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast