Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Legendary A Vision of Destruction

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

The raid, A Vision of Destruction now has a Legendary level 32 version!

A Vision of Destruction is granted by Delvarrion Iravati in the Stormreach Marketplace and then can be found Beneath the House Deneith Enclave within the Subterrane.

Known Issues
    • N/A
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Default Subterrane is too dark; no way to adjust gamma setting

It's been 7+ years since I've been in a VoD raid. I could not get to the raid entrance without constantly tabbing to a YouTube video showing me the way to the entrance because it's literally too dark for me to see the platforms.

On my screen, I cannot see the floor in any of those screenshots. It's just blackness.

My monitor brightness is set to 100/100 and my contrast is set to 70/100 in those screenshots. Adjusting contrast to 100/100 does not improve the situation.

With DDO not providing a way to adjust gamma, I can't even get to the quest without having my hand held. Please make lighting adjustments so it's not so frickin' dark. Thank you.
    Last edited by Carpone; 06-23-2020 at 04:02 PM. Reason: ETA: typos
    Khyber: Kobeyashi | Ying. R10 or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    It's been 7+ years since I've been in a VoD raid. I could not get to the raid entrance without constantly tabbing to a YouTube video because it's literally too dark for me to see the platforms.

On my screen, I cannot see the floor in any of those screenshots. It's just blackness.

My monitor brightness is set to 100/100 and my contrast is set to 70/100 in those screenshots. Adjusting contrast to 100/100 does not improve the situation.

With DDO not providing a way to adjust gamma, I can't even get to the quest without having my hand held. Please make lighting adjustments so it's not so frickin' dark. Thank you.
    I had a similar problem. I actually rage quit on the way to the raid the first time because of the nvidia/windows/ddo bug that doesn't allow you to adjust gamma. Navigating without a handhold is actually impossible.
    Khyber -- Proud Leader of Lava Divers -- Benton, Fastlain, Gord, Ehlonna others.

Default Damage on disint a little too high?

I rolled a 1 and took 15k + dmg from disintegrate on r1. That seems a bit harsh.

Khyber -- Proud Leader of Lava Divers -- Benton, Fastlain, Gord, Ehlonna others.

R1 VoD is doing too much spell damage.

Our tank with 7600 HP who has completed R10 RSO and R8 PN took 15k damage from a Disintegrate when he rolled a one.
    Burning Blood is doing 2464/tick with 70 MRR.
    Electric dot is doing 500/tick with 100 MRR.

The spell damage is a problem when Suulomades teleports and resets aggro.

For those interested, elite awards 30 Threads of Fate.

Default Suulomades aggro with intim is weird

In our r1 completion, I had multiple occurrences of Suul ignoring intim. I would get a successful dice roll, the intim icon goes off above his head, but his agro wouldn't change until I hit him.

It's been 7+ years since I've been in a VoD raid. I could not get to the raid entrance without constantly tabbing to a YouTube video because it's literally too dark for me to see the platforms.

So underwhelming gear, AND still have to run out. Not even a thread farm if you get what you may want from there. Missed the mark on this imo.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

my interest in this raid is waning..... fast.

one of the biggest draws of lhox was no run out.

now, threads is a not a good draw. loot is meh. i have to run out in an area that i can barely see due to gamma issues. why do i want to do this raid?
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dg_evil View Post
    I rolled a 1 and took 15k + dmg from disintegrate on r1. That seems a bit harsh.

Whats the damage against a non roll of 1? 1s are supposed to kill you especially against such a deadly spell like disintegrate.

Community Member

I am usually not a person that asks for easy button, but hiding the raid in the depths of Subterrane is probably not a good idea.

Or give us a Past Life Feat: Subterran Delver: You have explored all of Subterrane. You can now teleport to (bunch of options within Subterrane).

Subterrane is a wilderness, but horses cannot be used (you're instantly dismounted). Please fix.

Having to run to the raid (more than once) will make it very unlikely that PUGs will be doing the raid. I lead such pug raids often - having a long and slightly difficulty run to the raid is a very, very bad idea.
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

Can we get a teleporter to the raid....like we get for Legendary Hound?
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Quote Originally Posted by Loromir View Post
    Can we get a teleporter to the raid....like we get for Legendary Hound?
    They really should
    Subtereaan is a long run, and does not provide any additional challenge, since we are epic toons

Community Member

This is an unprecedented time where a large population influx is breathing new life into the game.

Please consider allowing direct access to this raid to prevent extreme frustration from video settings and turning these new people away from what could be a quick and fun raid.
    Sarlona: Tobril | Syg | Trogbril

Community Member

Hmm better yet, make a "quest" from an NPC that you have to navigate to the raid entrance once and then your "flagged".

I was really hoping for a direct teleport like Legendary Hound

Very disappointed
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

R1 VoD is doing too much spell damage.

Our tank with 7600 HP who has completed R10 RSO and R8 PN took 15k damage from a Disintegrate when he rolled a one.
    Burning Blood is doing 2464/tick with 70 MRR.
    Electric dot is doing 500/tick with 100 MRR.

The spell damage is a problem when Suulomades teleports and resets aggro.

For those interested, elite awards 30 Threads of Fate.
    In MoA the same DoT, from a random red named, is doing 972 ON NORMAL with 51 MRR and 35% absorption

I think they have to rework some of this damage from dots.. otherwise Monks (which already are good at best, not the top toons) wont be able to even step into.. also forcing wizards to take armor whether they like it or not

Quote Originally Posted by Tobril View Post
    This is an unprecedented time where a large population influx is breathing new life into the game.

Please consider allowing direct access to this raid to prevent extreme frustration from video settings and turning these new people away from what could be a quick and fun raid.
    Yeah. Why do I need to have an xp pot ticking while I run through a lowbie explorer area to get to a legendary raid?
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    Yeah. Why do I need to have an xp pot ticking while I run through a lowbie explorer area to get to a legendary raid?
    Yeah, we need a Legendary version of the explorer area! And Cerulean Hills while you're at it. And Epic Sands and Searing Heights explorer areas, for the Epic quests there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast