Default A Return to Play and the Joy of Birdfeeding

After a long hiatus, I've been back at play and enjoying the heck out of the game's many updates and polishes.

Ravenloft is my new love. Not only a wonderful series of modules, it is a work of art. Great job, devs.

The new universal trees of Vistani Fighter made me roll up a new Rogue. Oh, the DPS.

But it was Falconry which has caught my eye, so I began experimenting with my Zen Archer build and a new Mystic. The results are awesome, with more to come.

My old Monk guide has seen better days. Rather than a rewrite, things have changed so much that I will soon begin work on a new one that is a bit easier to update. Stay tuned for more of that.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more

Community Manager

Nice to see you back!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

A legend returns.
    welcome back.

I wouldn't have survived my first and only Monk life without your help.
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherSyn View Post
    After a long hiatus, I've been back at play and enjoying the heck out of the game's many updates and polishes.....

Welcome back!

It's always good to see familiar names stopping back by.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Hi Welcome back
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Default Thinking of coming back too ?

After a long hiatus, I've been back at play and enjoying the heck out of the game's many updates and polishes.

Ravenloft is my new love. Not only a wonderful series of modules, it is a work of art. Great job, devs.

The new universal trees of Vistani Fighter made me roll up a new Rogue. Oh, the DPS.

But it was Falconry which has caught my eye, so I began experimenting with my Zen Archer build and a new Mystic. The results are awesome, with more to come.

My old Monk guide has seen better days. Rather than a rewrite, things have changed so much that I will soon begin work on a new one that is a bit easier to update. Stay tuned for more of that.
    I’ve been thinking of coming back too so I’m looking for a push I guess.
    I was part of a fairly reputable group called the Bones Combat Brigade. If we’re remembered still it’s for the warforged titan.

But I really miss the game regardless

I guess I left in like 2012 13 ish or so

I think my question really is how is community on teaching an old dog new tricks these days. Love to find a warm welcome on my old server

Any thoughts and advice welcome.

Best

Rodney the Translucent

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Hello.

Hm, Falconry + Monk ?
    I have never thought of that, because thematically I had thought that Falconry would fit to Rangers & Druids (both wildlife classes), but with Monk ? ... Hm, that opens up a new way to see things ...

As I describe everything in my personal "head canon" as themes, there is a new theme with that : "A monk who is one with the wild life". I'd call that a "Wildlife Monk" (feel free if you want to use that term for your Monk/Falconry build), and that's something I hve never seen or read anywhere before.

Now you gave me ideas ...
    "No, it doesn't say 'Lifeling' "

Welcome back, Syn! I actually recently did a pure Shintao Monk with Falconry, and I was very happy with the results. With very outdated gear (was on a 2+ year break myself right before) I was still able to land my Stuns/Jade Strikes/Everything Is Nothing in legendary content. Mystic looks like a lot of fun too, but haven't gotten around to that quite yet.
    Kestros, Wisdom Wolf
    Leader of The Shadowtouched, Ghallanda
    Member of the Tyrs Fellowship

Not only were you a grandmaster in the art of Monkhood -- your ability to share that was somehow even more impressive.

Welcome back and looking forward to an updated guide!

Community Member

Welcome back!

When I was struggling with my first life Monk, I found your site. It helped me enough, and inspired more, that I was finally able to complete that first life. After almost 10 years on that life.

Now, I'm on the second life (Artificer). I'll finish those out and go back and get the monk lives. Monk+Falconry looks like it will make that a lot easier.

-- Shamandin