Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think the idea of running some kind of occasional special challenge is a nice idea. It seems like they are just repeating themselves though which is why many are probably feeling like it needs to be more rare. If they keep doing the same thing, it will not matter anyway as people will do it less and less.

They need to use their imaginations and come up with special challenges for the HC server. For example, they could do a minimum kills only quest completions on HC for a stealth challenge. Or perhaps they can run an edition that only uses the challenges like Cannith ones, crystal cove etc (although that would be a bit limiting). Or maybe one with only undead-heavy quests active, for example.

Certainly I would also add more limiting things, like only having lootgen and no named items
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (>17), Naerfelka (>21)
    wounded and burnt from many mistakes and still stumbling!

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    I think the idea of running some kind of occasional special challenge is a nice idea. It seems like they are just repeating themselves though which is why many are probably feeling like it needs to be more rare. If they keep doing the same thing, it will not matter anyway as people will do it less and less.
    Yup and there's also one more problem - time is limited. If HC will be on 12months/year, then in fact there'll be no opportunity to play normal servers and whats the point of farming cosmetics and stuff like that when there'll be no time to use them on normal servers cause HC will be on all the time. Of course some players run hc for fun only and those will stick around, but those running HC after perks/cosmetics will stop at some point cause of literally 0 character progression and opportunity to use hc stuff on normal servers.

#1 - They're already running this concept into the ground.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Setting Unarmed Strike back to what it was and attacking the real problem: Reinforced Fists items.
    • Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for Bear and Wolf wildshapes!
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Keep Lynnabel on task with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.
    • Finishing the enhancement tree passes (including racial PrE’s) before rolling out yet another DDOStore™ Enhancement Tree.

I do not see a point to the poll

HCL makes money
    SSG will have it as often as possible
    NOTHING we say will change that.

I vote #3
    After a little Tolkien I am usually up for anything.

Community Member

Number 7 for sure, hardcore is a much better version of the game. Stacking a million past lives, then complaining about the game being easy is a joke.

I still say do it every July, that way it wont clash with other events, doesnt make sense to have HC and another event on normal server concurrently.

#4 would be my vote. More than that and I can't focus on my main character/s goals. Currently having to choose between HCL and events on the main server is a downer for me as well.

Moderatly reformed forum lurker.

"Hi, Lurker"

Default #7

7. Keep the HCL server active all year long just change the leaderboard/rewards with a patch

I'm assuming this includes wipes at regular intervals to go with the leaderboard/rewards changes proposed above.

If #7 becomes reality, here's an idea for this new permanent server:
    -Name lock: If you participate in HCL and DO NOT export your character after season, you have the rights to that name for the next season (still no carryover of past lives, items, guild levels, etc.) If the name is not used in the following season, it becomes available to anyone again. May need to have reached a minimum level to prevent squatting.

Formerly of Illuminati Sancti/Novus Via - Xoriat

Default Hc 24/7

#7. Having it always open would mean folks would not be forced to focus only on HC for the limited time it is available and could switch back and forth from their main world to HC at their leisure.
    Khyberite

Default 3

[QUOTE=Dark_Lord_Mary;6334931]How many Hard core Leagues would you like to see SSG run per year?

1. 1 HCL event per year, while no other events are going on
    2. 1 HCL event per year, add any other running events to the HCL server
    3. 2 HCL event per year, while no other events are going on
    4. 2 HCL event per year, add any other running events to the HCL server
    5. 3 HCL events per year, while no other events are going on - that's right, I only want permadeath!
    6. 3 HCL events per year, add any other running events to the HCL server
    7. Keep the HCL server active all year long just change the leaderboard/rewards with a patch
    8. Have no more HCL events, I do not like them, they take away from the Live Servers too much.
    9. Have an anti-hardcore league event where the rewards are based on who can die the most, giving rewards for dying once to every trap, creature, and obstacle in the game - with bonus points if a 'string table error' kills you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12