Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smile

Smile Exciting Hardcore League 3 Teaser Info

I apologize in advance for likely this information is not set in stone for there has been no official press release from SSG about it.
    I have not spoken to anyone about this but have only read various sources here on the ddo forums and in-game on my live server (sarlona);

I am excited for Hardcore League season 3.
    It seems It will be a variation on season 2 -
    only instead of infernals, celestials.

This means Archons and as such the rewards are in line with their faction (light, good, etc).

Cordovan posted about the gameplay that we will be able to earn extra-lives, sort of like finding quarters or tokens for old-school video games @ a 1980s arcade

here's his quote: 'We'll have more information about the next season (3) soon. Players will be able to earn a few extra lives during their progress by hitting certain levels as part of a theme for this particular season. They'll never get more than three lives, and we fully expect the season to still be a challenge. Stay tuned!'

This is very cool - so perhaps hitting the rewards will be slightly easier - perhaps not (maybe with extra lives people won't be as careful) -

The Rewards seem to be variations of rewards from season 2 (again, I am no one - this may change, or be a lie from the Dreaming Dark)

Though the vendor on my home server named 'Vallakarigin' - an archon, she is residing in the Hall of Heroes and tells of existing in several realities, of Mortality and of the Hardcore world, and of the rewards for the trials, if one can succeed.

Unofficially, then:
    Hitting level 20 - unspecified: likely will be a variant of the sash (cloak)
    1750 - an Archon Helm
    5000 - an Archon Mount
    10 Reaper points - a season 3 reaper cloak
    20 Reaper points - a lantern archon pet

This all sounds great. I am excited to see the artwork for Season 3 and to find out when it is starting.
    I have always enjoyed the Archon artwork.
    Last edited by Dark_Lord_Mary; 06-11-2020 at 01:54 PM.
    **Master of the Beyond**

Mary's 'Mary had a Little Bear' Build for Hardcore League https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ng-Druid-Build

My main question for the devs is, when earning these tokens while levelling, can you get more if you tr. ie- every time i reach 10 i get a token?

Personally, I do not like this idea of being bought back to life at all. If i can get upto 3 raises, then is this really hardcore?
    In season 2 i died from a beholder casting Disintegrate on me in VON 2. I was furious, heart pounding swearing at my screen ect. But it was part of the fun, as Hardcore was nearly over I was not able to create another toon so i done the next best thing. I went onto my main server, took my level 30 over to VON 2 and killed the beholder there (followed by a friendly jester to my screen, lol). With death tokens, It changes the game. On live servers, how many times have we rushed because we either have the 5TP cake from Korthos, or a healer? Knowing we can rez once twice or thrice will take away that thrill each time we earn a token.

One thing i enjoy on Hardcore is looking at guild chat, people scared to enter quests and then braving it. You won't be no where near as scared if you know you have a free rez.

Season 3 rewards seem cool though
    ~Started Playing DDO - 6th June 2011 (Joined Forums In 2014)
    ~Guild - The Matrix (Orien)
    ~Level 150+ Guilds Of Orien - Click Here
    ~Orien Raiding Discord - Click Here

Here is my personal take on extra life

if I die before the second life award (Lvl 16 or so) but after 8
    I will bank his gear and delete him
    If I die after 16 and have >2 lives< available, will keep playing,
    If I lose that other extra life, will stop and bank gear, and 'retire' toon - not delete

so extra lives to me is mainly gear insurance
    It will make my crafter happy to not see all their good work end up in the dead lands.

Personally, I wish any regularly scheduled events also when on during HCL
    ... it is not like it unbalances anything...everyone has access to the event.

I wonder why they make so similar rewards to last time.

The bloody feet from HCL1 is pretty much the only really unique reward sofar. The rest is just more cosmetics but nothing special.

I dont think I ever looked at someone and said "wow" due to cosmetics - HCL or not - while the bloody feet impresses me every single time I see them. Heck, I dont even think I even know what the HCL cosmetics from season 1 or 2 look like.

I wish they would make a reward that "lingers" behind you in quests like the bloody feet again but it seems not.
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smile

My recommended changes for Hardcore League would be as follows -

1. Players may work towards the new Celestial gifts or may claim a reward from another season by speaking to the HCL vendor for a swap. Basically would require some behind the scenes work that would allow for players to take the tier reward, for example, the 5000 renown and turn it into a token that could be used to purchase a previous reward - like the bloody foot prints
    2. Access to HCL by all players - VIP not required
    3. Shrine to the Fallen of HCL guild ship deco - a deco that buffs you with a stacking +10 hitpoints and +10 unconscious range
    4. Rewards for lvl 30 - getting to lvl 30 on HCL without dying is pretty tough, there should be a reward for that - perhaps a title or some other cosmetic
    **Master of the Beyond**

Mary's 'Mary had a Little Bear' Build for Hardcore League https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ng-Druid-Build

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Mary View Post
    My recommended changes for Hardcore League would be as follows -

1. Players may work towards the new Celestial gifts or may claim a reward from another season by speaking to the HCL vendor for a swap. Basically would require some behind the scenes work that would allow for players to take the tier reward, for example, the 5000 renown and turn it into a token that could be used to purchase a previous reward - like the bloody foot prints
    2. Access to HCL by all players - VIP not required
    3. Shrine to the Fallen of HCL guild ship deco - a deco that buffs you with a stacking +10 hitpoints and +10 unconscious range
    4. Rewards for lvl 30 - getting to lvl 30 on HCL without dying is pretty tough, there should be a reward for that - perhaps a title or some other cosmetic
    Wrt. #1. While I would love to be able to get the bloody footprints I have to admit that it would not be right to those that did the task in HCL1. Maybe yellow footprints or some other lingering effect. Anything that lingers in quests would be interesting
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

Default Harry better watch out

The extra life’s do kinda remove some of the challenge, but having died 10 favour of 5k it will save me some well chosen words. What I’m excited for is doing shroud on HC. I tried to find any trick that would let you get it done but even making a sacrificial toon wouldn’t help. So finally maybe we can do it. So Harry, you better watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Wrt. #1. While I would love to be able to get the bloody footprints I have to admit that it would not be right to those that did the task in HCL1. Maybe yellow footprints or some other lingering effect. Anything that lingers in quests would be interesting
    Black. Shadow footprints. You read it here first.

Community Member

I'd like a Nightmare mount. You know Black horse ON FIRE!!! Firey hoofs, firey mane firey eyes. All kick arse.
    And if they fracked it up like the "bone" mount I'd be VERY disappointed.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tarrith_dourden View Post
    I'd like a Nightmare mount. You know Black horse ON FIRE!!! Firey hoofs, firey mane firey eyes. All kick arse.
    Thank you for that image. I now have a white horse with eyes made of blueish fire and similar looking blue-fire mane and hoof-prints in my mind.
    "No, it doesn't say 'Lifeling' "

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Mary View Post

Given that HCL 3 players will have 3 lives to get to the rewards this would be unfair as people got their rewards with only one life.
    And if you think it does not make difference it does, my 2nd HCL toon died 90K away from level 20 so with two extra lives I could easily get the level 20 reward and have time to progress to 5K favor which I hadn't due to the wasted time on the 2nd toon. I don't deserve the horse since I was foolish enough to make a bad decision trying to instakill a redcrown champ without proper gear.
    Last edited by kanordog; 06-14-2020 at 07:22 AM.

NOTIFICATION !!!

Just now a thread on the main forum reported a developer on live stream stated

The next one will be OPEN TO ALL

................. giggle

cough..I am ok with that

LETS DO THIS !!!!!

And as I posted elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post
    Well as a "thank you" to SSG for invalidating one of the few perks of being VIP which I have been paying for for 16 years now, I have decided I will not be spending the 300-400 dollars I have spent the last 2 seasons.

I will be spending 0.
    I do not have to now, I can just bring all 6 of my DB accounts in and use them for loot farming, as I won't have to spend money on shards for chest rerolls.

Thank you for saving me a ton of cash this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

A developer just chimed in on main forums to confirm, yes HCL will be open to all
    but you have to figure out how to open on elite yourself