Community Member

Default Item Base Material Changed?

So, with the latest patch, they said they were removing(?) everbright from crafting and adding blueshine as a material base. I started a new build the day the patch hit, (FvS staff) and noted my low level ooze beater that was on my mule (+1 smoldering Densewood staff of Everbright) ((base material densewood obviously)) is now material: Blueshine! Anyone know if this can now be disjuncted and recrafted to something more useful? (corruscating/bludgeon) I did check the station and it says everbright is still an available shard to craft.

I'll probably make the shards and test it out regardless, not too much to lose if it fails.

Base material types are currently bugged and will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

Stoner81.

Community Member

Ah ok, thank you for the info, better wait on any crafting of it then.

Community Member

Default More weirdness

The patch for the update released today. Interesting.

My Densewood staff of everbright still shows as material blueshine. I have not as yet logged in my mules to check if my various everbright swords/axes are blueshine as well.

Edit2: I had enough materials to recraft my low level ooze beater. Disjunction reverted it to densewood. Recrafted to ml1 Blinding 1 Densewood Quarterstaff of Everbright, material type once again shows as Blueshine. The everbright description reads the same as blueshine (flecks of yada yada) and still have the blinding flash clicky.

During the last week I have managed to loot 2 items which were listed as material type Blueshine, a Byeshk dwarven axe (double aug slots) and a Blueshine Falchion. The sword had Blueshine in its name, the axe had Byeshk in its name. Post patch the axe is now a Byeshk D.axe of material type Byeshk. The Falchion is now a Byeshk Falchion of material type Blueshine (both were disjuncted).

Patch notes: Everbright is no longer a craftable effect. I just checked ... it is still listed and I was able to craft one. As an experiment I made the D.axe a Ml 10, added everbright suffix and now it is listed as material type blueshine (Byeshk still in name ofc). A further disjunction removes the shard and reverts the material type to Byeshk. Adding a ml shard to the Falchion and it still retains its blueshine material type ... testing must be done to see if it is ACTUALLY blueshine or just a display error of sorts. ... Just ran a creeping death (ml 10 shard on sword) it took a total of 9 durability damage (81 of 90 at end). Seems like it is actual blueshine, no idea why it is called a Byeshk Falchion, maybe some goofed up coding there. I think I will not try disjuncting it. I will toss ghost touch / incorporeal bane shards on it and use it as a dual-purpose weapon.

Edit: Testing the weapons in "In the Flesh" shows axe is truly Byeshk breaking the DR. Sword did not break the DR. Conclusion: Sword is actually blueshine even though named Byeshk. Some sort of cross coding seems to have occurred. Probably safe to disjunct if necessary.
    Last edited by xenon211; 06-09-2020 at 04:44 PM.