Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    61

    Default Melee gnome builds?

    I’m tired of caster /rangerS build. I need Two more Gnome lives. Do u Know any melee build for gnome?
    I have gear/tomes/PL all u need for whatever build. I hope u can open my eyes ty

  2. #2
    Community Member kanordog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    876

    Default

    I have gnome character I keep gnome, he's been barbarian, monk, vistani tempest, fighter, eldritch knight
    Were they all r10 ready builds? No.
    Was it fun to play a gnome hacking away with a falchion? Yes.
    Gnomes are like any other race. The two points loss in strength is not a big deal especially if you have tomes and You go for a dex or wis or cha build. Just do a swashbuckler or a ranger.


  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kanordog View Post
    I have gnome character I keep gnome, he's been barbarian, monk, vistani tempest, fighter, eldritch knight
    Were they all r10 ready builds? No.
    Was it fun to play a gnome hacking away with a falchion? Yes.
    Gnomes are like any other race. The two points loss in strength is not a big deal especially if you have tomes and You go for a dex or wis or cha build. Just do a swashbuckler or a ranger.
    What Of ur builds would u say was the funniest One to play with?

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aglabac View Post
    What Of ur builds would u say was the funniest One to play with?
    I haven't done it as a Gnome racial, but I really enjoyed a pure wizard EK with PM healing. Seems like it'd be very well-supported by Gnome thanks to Int and Color Spray

    Since you're going for racials, consider splashing 3 Bard (Swash) + 3 Fighter (feats for SWF + SM, which is great with EK shield bashing, + stalwart defender), which should let you get GSWF at level 18. Alternatively, 2 Rogue for quarterstaff + evasion

  5. #5
    Community Member kanordog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Discpsycho View Post
    I haven't done it as a Gnome racial, but I really enjoyed a pure wizard EK with PM healing. Seems like it'd be very well-supported by Gnome thanks to Int and Color Spray

    Since you're going for racials, consider splashing 3 Bard (Swash) + 3 Fighter (feats for SWF + SM, which is great with EK shield bashing, + stalwart defender), which should let you get GSWF at level 18. Alternatively, 2 Rogue for quarterstaff + evasion
    Quote Originally Posted by Aglabac View Post
    What Of ur builds would u say was the funniest One to play with?

    I agree with Discpsycho, EK with PM healing is fun: 2Rogue/6Fighter/12Wizard, I put 17 pts into Gnome for threat range, colour spray, illusion focus and permablur, 11 pts to pm for neghealing amp an 3rd core. 6 pts to stalwart defender for the extra 25 PRR/MRR, 12 into harper for int to hit/dmag and know the angles. Rest goes to EK to get crit multiplier and 20 melee power with illusion dc. SW fighting line, using an orb. Int to reflex saves, I went for cleaves but it is not needed at all.
    It is a melee caster trapper hybrid, can cc and hack and slash with short sword/light mace. Spellcasting is only buffs like improved shield, heroism etc.
    The other way as mentioned above 3 bard for swashbuckling.

    I personally like monks, so I really enjoyed monk PL's. I ran dex builds since i dont have falconry unlocked.
    Last edited by kanordog; 06-04-2020 at 06:34 PM.


  6. #6
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    18,882

    Default

    I have an INT-based gnome Swashbuckler / Kensei using light picks. It's an older build from maybe 2 years ago; something I threw together after Disciples of Rage came out and I wanted to build around Planar Spike. Nothing's broken, it's just been overshadowed by Eldritch Knight etc. Split is bard 12 / fighter 6 / rogue 2.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Outside the gates of the Academy
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    I have an INT-based gnome Swashbuckler / Kensei using light picks. It's an older build from maybe 2 years ago; something I threw together after Disciples of Rage came out and I wanted to build around Planar Spike. Nothing's broken, it's just been overshadowed by Eldritch Knight etc. Split is bard 12 / fighter 6 / rogue 2.
    I did a similar concept, except I went with Wiz-EK 12 / Bard-SB 6 / Rogue 2. I used SWF with orb, and tried three variations:

    • t5 Vistani with one dagger / t4 SB,
    • t5 SB with ssword / t4 EK, and
    • t5 EK with ssword/ t4 SB


    I think my favorite was the last option, t5 EK, and put everything I could into illusion DCs. Tough call though; I loved t5 SB's Coup with Color Spray.

    I also focused on Improved/Deception and putting points into Bluff for CC even though I didn't have a lot of sneak attack damage. The EK and SB versions require a lot of up-close-and-personal combat, so anything that helps to control mobs is important. Not what you'd call a tank. I also used a greensteel Radiant sword a lot of the time for blindness. Between all of those I had a lot of CC. Note that Golden Guile stacks with weapons that have Deception. I wish Improved Feint worked, but it's too buggy last I checked.

    If I had a Radiant pick I probably would have tried that route instead of ssword.
    Last edited by SocratesBastardSon; 06-06-2020 at 01:39 PM.
    "I didn't change my mind, It changed all by itself" – Luna

  8. #8
    Community Member FuzzyDuck81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    I had a gnome barbarian a while back, frenzied berserker 2wf using light picks & shortswords (depending on what named ones I had available) - FB gives the crit multiplier & sticking with those weapons meant I could get the extra threat range from racial enhancements, it was a lot of fun & had a lot of kick.

    Another fun barbarian one I've had good performance with is mixing barbarian with swashbuckler & using a handaxe - tier 5 frenzied berserker gives the +2 multiplier boost & swashbuckler gives +2 threat with handaxes, meaning you'll be running with a basic 18-20/x5 before taking into account improved criticals, expanded crit range on eg. the forgotten handaxe & other feats, destinies etc. You can even get away without using rage most of the time, letting you keep your spellcasting abilities for self healing & extra crowd control - unless you're really worried about level 5 spells, i'd suggest a 6 barbarian, 12 bard & 2 fighter just to help with the extra feats. Not sure on the exact enhancement split, but it could be possible to make it INT based then use harper for hit & damage which would increase your colour spray effectiveness too, though it'd take a little longer to really come together.

    Eldritch knight with secondary in pale master for the self healing is a very solid option too, though personally I'd stick with a pure wizard instead of multiclassing since it'd be more fun in the levelling process with less enhancement juggling & you'd have much more powerful imbues if you're running in epics.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

  9. #9
    Founder & Super Hero Arkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    8,782

    Default

    Savior, the Breaker of Chains appears to be the most optimal weapon for melee Gnomes, imho.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

  10. #10
    Community Member FuzzyDuck81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Savior, the Breaker of Chains appears to be the most optimal weapon for melee Gnomes, imho.
    also kinda depends on what you want it to do... i think savior probably has the edge for regular on-hit effects, but for other racial enhancement compatible weapons legendary moonwillow has sovereign vorpal & dr bypassing plus keen so thats potentially one less feat necessary, timeshard has the paralysing & slowing effects for crowd control, echo of the sunsword has blinding & legendary planar spike has some very powerful crits.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload