Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default New warlock abilities. Why?

With so many under performing classes why spend time on one that already works well?

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    With so many under performing classes why spend time on one that already works well?
    Why give Warlocks effectively more domains each with a set of domain spells, when you haven't even give Clerics any domain spells yet? Warlock pacts were and are the proof that you already have the tech to give Clerics domains. Domains should be doing what pacts are doing, giving access to a greater variety of spells. But no, you went with the unneeded power numbers bloat instead of the needed versatility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

Community Member

New pacts makes for new flavor; variety and choice is awesome. And there could be tie-in ideas relating to Feywild expansion later this year.

Sitting here with an assassin I haven't played in 3 years and wondering why they get no love whatsoever. DDO's version of improving assassins is a 1st level assassinate item. Which shows the lack of care since assassinate doesn't even exist until 11th level.

Come on man... assassins are a cornerstone of the D&D character sub classes. But here they are afterthoughts getting crumbs.
    Sometimes I pull one out just to watch it die over and over. That's how much I hate hires.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Why give Warlocks effectively more domains each with a set of domain spells, when you haven't even give Clerics any domain spells yet? Warlock pacts were and are the proof that you already have the tech to give Clerics domains. Domains should be doing what pacts are doing, giving access to a greater variety of spells. But no, you went with the unneeded power numbers bloat instead of the needed versatility.
    Clerics are free to play, warlocks are not.

Warlock is a premium class - have to pay to play & hence more focus.

Quote Originally Posted by devashta View Post
    Warlock is a premium class - have to pay to play & hence more focus.

If that was true, ssg/turbine arre horible at marketing, development and customer relations.
    A smarter company would have at least made a concept p2w 2h melee or rogue assasin....
    Instead of creating a other caster
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by krimsonrane View Post
    Sitting here with an assassin I haven't played in 3 years and wondering why they get no love whatsoever. DDO's version of improving assassins is a 1st level assassinate item. Which shows the lack of care since assassinate doesn't even exist until 11th level.

Come on man... assassins are a cornerstone of the D&D character sub classes. But here they are afterthoughts getting crumbs.
    When did the "assassinate any target" change happen? Wasn't it in the last 3 years?

Assassins can get a special attack that uses +Assassinate DC as early as level 3.
    Falconers can get a special attack that uses +Assassinate DC as early as level 2.
    You are right that on minimum level 1 items, bonuses to assassinate are wasted; these abilities become potentially useful as late as level two.

Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    Why not?

i actually consider doing warlock life or two now, after deciding not to bother with warlock after last time running life in that class.

Why help warlocks ???

...why not?

Spread the love...not everything revolves around a player's favorite class.

PEACE

I too have pet issues I feel should be the exclusive focus of SSG!
    Sabbath - Sarlona

Community Member

3 new flavors of warlock is a great surprise! Probably something someone has been working on and they decided to release. The sad thing is all the negativity around here especially in light of everything they are doing. You people need to be dragged through 2006 to 2010, where we got one pack every year or two and things dragged on for YEARS and our entire lives were shaped around them.
    Tales of terror abound in coastal cities of a powerful cabal of sea-faring pirates led by a trio of mages who have coined themselves 'The False Gods'.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

I don't play Warlocks much but I'm just fine with them getting a class pass?

Why should it bother me? DDO is progressing as a game, more options = win! It's not like Warlock has been getting a ton of stuff every update lol.

Maybe they'll hit one of your pet peeves next time, or maybe one of mine! Like Sorc Savant trees, I think they should be a multiselector at the first core instead of 4 near-identical trees. Maybe that'll be U49 though, which is fine lol. I've never played a Sorc past level 10, but I still think they should get fixed - but they're overperforming a bit anyway, so no rush.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Systems Designer

Why not? :)
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

2014 DDO Players Council

Why not?
    Let me rephrase. Instead of "Why give them new pacts?" how about, "Why were new pacts made a priority?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

Systems Designer

Let me rephrase. Instead of "Why give them new pacts?" how about, "Why were new pacts made a priority?"
    It seemed like something fun that players would like. It's also been a while since Warlock has gotten any new fun toys. I hope everyone likes them! :)
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

I suspect it was some "Low Hanging Fruit" that was simple to implement.
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

It seemed like something fun that players would like. It's also been a while since Warlock has gotten any new fun toys. I hope everyone likes them!
    I'm looking forward to playing around with them.
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

It seemed like something fun that players would like. It's also been a while since Warlock has gotten any new fun toys. I hope everyone likes them!
    I have to admit, this is unexpected but nice. Depending on what the pact spells are, I'll probably still favor the Great Old One pact, but that's mostly because I really like having access to Knock if I'm not playing an artificer or rogue.
    Finding ones past, present, and future in the threads of destiny.

Why not?
    Thanks Lynnabel. Warlock is one of my (player's) favorite class.

Rest of you don't look at the gift horse in the mouth.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast