Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Razor_Wit View Post
    1. Will we see crystal as a random weapon material?
    2. When will you add a border color to Cannith-crafted items?
    1: No, you'll instead see Blueshine.

2: What color would you like? I can see if I can put this in an upcoming patch.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Spiral is a Fire Sorc nerf - as Fire was the first element you could keep it in fire always. I doubt anyone used it for anything but fire.
    There are suitable replacements for Spiral, though.

For Fire Sorcs, the Legendary Wild Flame leaps to mind.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post

Agreed.... if you're just looking at SP and spell crit. But wild flame doesn't add +20% stacking spell crit which is why some fire sorcs used two spirals to constantly switch = always keep the spell crit chance as high as possible. Seemed a little exhausting and not fun to me though, TBH.
    Last edited by Whaldorf; 06-02-2020 at 08:03 PM.

Whats your favorite color? (we could go pink? :P or yellow?)
    Darkzess - Sturdycaster (Retired Wiz) - Stormfists - Zeess (Art) - Zessx (FvS)
    Thelanis
    ~I'm Back!~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zess-wolf View Post
    Whats your favorite color? (we could go pink? :P or yellow?)
    broccoli green????

A nice grey. Not too flashy, cause it ain't named loot, not a smoking color cause a lot of colors are already used. So grey would be ideal. Just Industrial enough, just distinguishable enough, to represent something Worked on, something a workhorse, something crafted.

Grey.

(or we go total YOLO and spin the color wheel!)

Community Member

What color would you like? I can see if I can put this in an upcoming patch.
    I'd go with a bright grey, reminding of the metal border of this icon to connect to the crafting hall better.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Oh, Legendary Wild Flame is going to add stacking 20% crit chance to fire spells after this patch? That's an awesome boost!
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Oh, Legendary Wild Flame is going to add stacking 20% crit chance to fire spells after this patch? That's an awesome boost!
    Spiral is one thing and the nerf to the sorc cores is another. I can deal with them both fine enough.

But I do want a dev to comment on the HEAVY investment people have put in to get wave. what justifies the nerf to that? It is not a raid weapon per se - only upgraded by running the KT raid end after end, that means investment. and yet you are now bringing it down from 20% spell crit to 5%? why?

nerfing raid items like this after they have been out for a while is a bad idea - what are you doing for people that have put in the time for this? Should we bring SoS to the regular crit range as well? eliminate all aspiration for anything differentiated?
    Last edited by Whaldorf; 06-02-2020 at 10:54 PM.

Community Member

and you know what - there are very few people who even have wave (including me - happy I didn't spend shards yet), so is the idea that SSG is hitting the best performers in the game a bit? this just seems odd.... and for once I think we can say it is NOT tied to hardcore.

Community Member

Now I just want to see some clickies added to the new RNG loot tables to make random loot extra fun. =)

Community Member

Why list this... when there is LITERALLY no change to them?

Enlightened Spirit's Celestial Spirit is now: Major Form Toggle: When enabled, you float above the ground, gain Feather Falling, are immune to most knockdown effects, and your Eldritch Blasts gain 3d6 Light damage. Passive: Your Eldritch Aura now affects enemies every 2 seconds.
    Enlightened Spirit's Ultimate Enlightenment is now: +2 CON, +2 CHA, +20% Competence bonus to Maximum HP, +10 Universal Spellpower, +20 Light Spellpower. While your Eldritch Aura is enabled, you gain full Base Attack Bonus, +10 Melee Power, and +10 Ranged Power.
    Reminds me of a Nova commercial a few years back where they bragged about the car having the largest number of standard features of any car in its class.... and they listed 'wheels', 'doors', and steering wheel'....

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by LargoKeyWest View Post
    Why list this... when there is LITERALLY no change to them?

Reminds me of a Nova commercial a few years back where they bragged about the car having the largest number of standard features of any car in its class.... and they listed 'wheels', 'doors', and steering wheel'....
    Ah, while the bonus types and amounts did not change, how they are activated is. Most notably, the defensive bonuses of the capstone no longer require Celestial Spirit to be active to apply, and the offensive bonuses now key off of the Aura stance rather than the form toggle.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Default Sigh....

Spiral nerf? OK w/e.

Wave nerf? NO! Just NO!

1) Ice sorcs weren't overperforming compared to Fire sorcs. Are you going to provide Ice sorcs viable AoE options outside of ED bursts?
    2) This hits other Ice-based casters even worse. Druids anyone?
    3) Its a Two-handed weapon and it's supposed to be better than wielding two caster sticks. Otherwise, what's the d*mn point?
    4) Farming 5 schisms is the equivalent of farming 2 spirals due to raid-timer lockout, and that's just rune-for-rune comparison.
    5) And lastly, raid item nerfs that are this late are unacceptable. People have invested time, effort and money to get specific pieces of gear to make their builds work they way they do.

Are you going to reimburse 5 schisms to every Wave owner now? It would be the appropriate thing to do.

I would not mind if Cannith-crafted items had a white border.

Sadly, Spiral needed to be changed due to how it would interact when equipped repeatedly, therefore keeping the element set to Fire. The upshot is the script is now way less gross and causes way less crashes, so people using it and people who run with people who use it should actually see a slight boost in game performance.
    Nobody with half a braincell will run it is the problem.

Can we get a barter window to convert spiral and wave back into strahd runes and schisms? At present it's a waste of 1250 runes and 5 schisms respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Whaldorf View Post
    Spiral is one thing and the nerf to the sorc cores is another. I can deal with them both fine enough.

But I do want a dev to comment on the HEAVY investment people have put in to get wave. what justifies the nerf to that? It is not a raid weapon per se - only upgraded by running the KT raid end after end, that means investment. and yet you are now bringing it down from 20% spell crit to 5%? why?
    Please read the patch notes again: Reflection of Wave's Improved Water Elemental Form now grants 5% Exceptional Cold Spell Crit Damage

Crit DAMAGE. It was converted to DAMAGE instead of chance, and reduced by 3/4 on top of that. Ice sorc will be sitting at like.. 70% crit chance.
    Fire will still be at 90% on tief.

Today, ice and fire sorc are viable. Tomorrow, anything but fire is wrong. How does SSG manage to miss these problems, and make sorc elemental choices even less varied?

I don't think you have a clue what spiral did, because any fire sorc was already using wild flame.

Thumbs up

1: No, you'll instead see Blueshine.

Have you used purple yet? If not, why not?
    >>>Itchybeard (Crafter), Greensmash (Main), All Others (Mules)<<<

Community Member

I can understand nerfing sorcerer weapons, but... What's the concept of nerfing sorcerer's max caster level?
    Ghallanda Server
    Dragant, Palescale, Glimmerspell, Scalefavor
    Officer of DDO Korea Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Please read the patch notes again: Reflection of Wave's Improved Water Elemental Form now grants 5% Exceptional Cold Spell Crit Damage

Crit DAMAGE. It was converted to DAMAGE instead of chance, and reduced by 3/4 on top of that. Ice sorc will be sitting at like.. 70% crit chance.
    Fire will still be at 90% on tief.

Today, ice and fire sorc are viable. Tomorrow, anything but fire is wrong. How does SSG manage to miss these problems, and make sorc elemental choices even less varied?

I don't think you have a clue what spiral did, because any fire sorc was already using wild flame.
    While I don't like that a high investment item like Wave is getting hard nerfed, there's a lot of benefits given to fire sorc over ice sorc which is why fire has such a high crit. Tiefling (8%), Empyrean magic (10%) and Flamecleansed fury set bonus (10%) being the main culprits. Unfortunately, sharn didn't release any set options towards ice sorc other than Esoteric initiate which doesn't provide a medium armor option that many casters look to for defenses. The crit damage is meh, but it's probably better than getting nothing.

As for spiral, I don't mind losing it. Though, now it's just sentient xp fodder because no one tries to be a jack of all trades anymore, especially not sorcs whose specialty is elemental damage. For people that don't know, Wild Flame was always main-hand with LGS Ash/Spiral (on swap)/Shield/Etc. on off-hand for fire sorc, anyone claiming otherwise is fooling themselves.

I'm a bit surprised they're cutting back on 2/4 MCL bonuses in the cores, not sure how much it'll affect damage at end-game so we'll see how it goes...
    Last edited by Sythe777; 06-03-2020 at 01:17 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast