Default Where'd all the people go?

So, the game has been cruising along nicely with plenty of people to group with and suddenly it's empty. Really crazily empty: 11 people online in 28~30 when a few days ago it was 30+. Did the "free access" end or maybe a new MMO released that people were anxious to try? Yeah, the question lands squarely in the center of pondering imponderables, but I am curious if others have noticed this sharp dramatic decline and have a favorite potential cause.

Community Member

I spent 5 hours making a character in the newly realeased PSO2 during the weekend, but i think most of us are just burnt out from ddo and are awaiting for new stuff to come around.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    There is no shortage of content in this game for the weakest 5% of players.

For most content, they have three difficulties designed solely for them, Casual, Normal and Hard.

In many countries quarantine is over so we're no longer stuck at home.
    Social Justice W...arlock
    OkarisRage, Artificer with 3 druid past lives = <3
    Okarinios Orgismenos: Hardcore Rage barbarian.

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    In many countries quarantine is over so we're no longer stuck at home.
    That, or the employers have adjusted to managing people who work from home, and are now finding ways to squeeze more work while paying less due to the "crisis situation".

Result - a lot less free time for DDO or anything else really.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bjond View Post
    So, the game has been cruising along nicely with plenty of people to group with and suddenly it's empty. Really crazily empty: 11 people online in 28~30 when a few days ago it was 30+. Did the "free access" end or maybe a new MMO released that people were anxious to try? Yeah, the question lands squarely in the center of pondering imponderables, but I am curious if others have noticed this sharp dramatic decline and have a favorite potential cause.
    Real Life just enhanced its PvP features, so that might have at least some significance. I've been soloing for the last week because of my schedule, so I haven't noticed anything.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Yap - definitely wayyyy less LFMs than past couple of months. Thankfully, C&C remastered is only couple of days away so will have some alternate entertainment woohoo!

Community Member ShifterThePirate's Avatar

Over here the bars and restaurants opened up again from quarantine at June 1st. Besides this more summer weather the last weeks. And it was also Pentecost weekend (monday too), which many don't celebrate but it's still a holiday.

But for me it's Valorant that released today

Community Member

it could be that the game just flat out isn't good enough. seems most likely to me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bjond View Post
    I can only speak for myself and to me as a f2p, I was playing really hard recently because we get free access to packs for limited time. And there are things to farm from content I don't own. But then when they release the news that content access are extended to August and free code are coming on its way, I'm just playing in a more relax manner.

Bounty Hunter

I think many people are gearing up alt accounts to take advantage of the upcoming coupon. Even on wayfinder low levels are bustling right now as people are making favor runs across servers.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I think many people are gearing up alt accounts to take advantage of the upcoming coupon. Even on wayfinder low levels are bustling right now as people are making favor runs across servers.
    That's what I was doing last night. Favor grinding on my secondary account to get 198 favor.
    Finding ones past, present, and future in the threads of destiny.

Community Manager

Fifteen posts have had to be removed from this thread for violating our no politics rule. Don't talk politics on our forums.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Fifteen posts have had to be removed from this thread for violating our no politics rule. Don't talk politics on our forums.
    Sorry. Remove my reply that I posted while you were trying to put out the fire.

THANK YOU !!!!

erg....get enough of that on FB

Wow. LOL? One, I wish I had seen them AND two, I'm glad you removed 'em. I took a break from DDO for a bit to try SWTOR again. That game is just plain fun to play, but the community is complete trash compared to here. Non-stop political rants everywhere. I would literally pop 10~15 on /ignore per DAY there.

I've /ignored 2 people in DDO in over a year.

Community Member

Look at the graph at the bottom of the page:

https://www.playeraudit.com/

So only the slightest decent in the last month but still miles above what it used to be.

Taking a single point in time and saying there was 11 people online in the 28-30 range is almost meaningless. It could be explained by a multitude of reasons including external factors.

Epic games launcher is offering Borderlands the Handsome Collection (2 entire Borderlands games complete with all DLC) for free until June 4th. Wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of DDO players were giving that a try.
    First Lives Matter!!!
    Give us a no reincarnation server!