Community Member

Default *THE* Coupon (question actually)

So, uh, what does that free questing coupon entail? Is it gonna be like a X% off of all pre u47 all quests? Or is it like a get all packs for free coupon? The announcement is a bit misleading imho.

Quote Originally Posted by frepla View Post
    So, uh, what does that free questing coupon entail? Is it gonna be like a X% off of all pre u47 all quests? Or is it like a get all packs for free coupon? The announcement is a bit misleading imho.
    As far as I understand it 1 coupon gets you all the quests (not including expansions) for free (also available to current VIPs).

2 of the 4 expansions are going on sale for 99 DDO points each.

Ravenloft and sharn are not part of this in any way.

My understanding is that it is an all-current-adventure-packs-are-bestowed-upon-to-your-account-for-free coupon code.

This is backed up by it being said (in various forum posts by the team) that VIP can use it (VIP cannot see any adventure packs in the store because they have rented access to them already, so it's not a discount to all packs, as then VIP would not be able to use it).

Though to be fair, the use of the phrase "...will let you acquire..." does leave room for interpretation.

I have 3 more questions
    1. what is the code?
    2. where is the code?
    3. when is the code?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    I have 3 more questions
    1. what is the code?
    2. where is the code?
    3. when is the code?
    We'll announce it when it's ready to be redeemed.

Quote Originally Posted by frepla View Post
    all currently-available adventure packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    I have 3 more questions
    1. what is the code?
    The code is the first 12 digits of the answer:
    FreeCouponCode.jpg

2. where is the code?
    See above, solve the equation.

3. when is the code?
    Now. :P

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    FreeCouponCode.jpg

See above, solve the equation. ....

I've got a Solver for that.

https://d3cvwyf9ksu0h5.cloudfront.ne...1537247007.mp4
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    FreeCouponCode.jpg

See above, solve the equation.

Now. :P
    Thats not an equation and thus there is no "solving" involved. There is, however, some calculating involved.
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    all currently-available adventure packs.
    How about, come August 31, you just flag all the packs as purchased for everyone. Then the next day you say, "Surprise!"

Oh hang on, you're trying to attract new players with yet another giveaway.

It's like buying a new car that comes with 5 yr roadside assist, 7 yr warranty, air con and a sports kit all thrown in for 'free'. Then 1000 kms later the air con stuffs up, a rattle starts in the gearbox and you discover the roadside assist is only for the state you purchased it in.

The DDO engine is 14 years old now. Every update is followed by a hotfix. There is a long list of insignificant and irritating bugs that will never get fixed. It has an interface that just doesn't work on a 4K screen because everything is so tiny. Dialog boxes don't remember where they last were between sessions. Yada yada yada. The engine virtually cripples a modern computer.

So a big welcome to all the new players that have joined recently. When you experience that first moment of frustration because of something that should have been fixed 13 years ago, then you'll understand.

I best screenshot this post before it gets removed. Honesty is a cancer to some.

Quote Originally Posted by apocaladle View Post
    2 of the 4 expansions are going on sale for 99 DDO points each.
    The announcement says:
    "When the sale is active, players will be able to pick up the quests included in Menace of the Underdark and The Shadowfell Conspiracy for 99 DDO Points."

It doesn't say that the expansions are going on sale. It says "the quests included in...". The difference, as I understand it, is that you do not get the extra benefits that come with the expansion packs (e.g. PDK iconic character that comes with the Shadowfell expansion).

It also does not say "each". However, I understand that is a little vague. Either way, it is a great offer. Though, it would be nice if SSG could confirm this. I want to know how many DDO Points to have on-hand for when it does go on sale.

One other thing to note about the announcement. It says "When the sale is active". So, it could be available for a single week, like most other sales. Thus, make sure to keep enough DDO Points in reserve. And if you have friends who have just joined the game, be sure to help them acquire enough DDO points before the sale.
    Last edited by JoyfulEagle; 06-01-2020 at 06:41 PM.

Smile Coupon release date

I just want to know when the coupon is going to be released, and where can I check to see if it already has been.
    [SIZE="6"]+R+[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Rakula View Post
    I just want to know when the coupon is going to be released, and where can I check to see if it already has been.
    No date known yet. I assume that there will be a notification in the launcher when it happens. Wouldn't worry about it at the moment, there's still two months time left after all.
    'twas right, said they,
    such birds to slay,
    that bring the fog and mist

Community Member

wrote this at the wrong post. nvm this.
    Last edited by Targal; 06-03-2020 at 01:09 AM.
    Ghallanda Server
    Dragant, Palescale, Glimmerspell, Scalefavor
    Officer of DDO Korea Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by Wylf View Post
    No date known yet. I assume that there will be a notification in the launcher when it happens. Wouldn't worry about it at the moment, there's still two months time left after all.
    Just saw this posted in steam. "People the code is here. "Ddofreequests" enjoy. you have until august 31st 2020 to redeem it. someone posted it in a discord and i tried it in game. it works"

I won't get chance to log on until later today so can't confirm it works as not seen on the forums or social media.

Considering that everyone already has access to everything now, and you have until August 31 to redeem the coupon, it strikes me as a poor decision to try it before it's been announced (probably after the patch today).
    Sabbath - Sarlona

Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    Considering that everyone already has access to everything now, and you have until August 31 to redeem the coupon, it strikes me as a poor decision to try it before it's been announced (probably after the patch today).
    I agree with this.

If SSG hasn't confirmed that it's working as they intended, you can't really hold SSG accountable if your account breaks, can you?
    Read my blog: Micki's Delirium
    Follow me on Twitter: @DDOMicki
    YouTube: Thazara ofOrien
    Join Orien Raiding: Orien Raiding Discord

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micki View Post
    I agree with this.

If SSG hasn't confirmed that it's working as they intended, you can't really hold SSG accountable if your account breaks, can you?
    I tried it yesterday after SSG announced it on Twitter and it *seemed* to work on both of my accounts. I say "seemed to work" as I have no way to verify since everything is free right now anyway. I got a pop-up receipt showing all of the adventure packs though.

Quote Originally Posted by carsonfball View Post
    I tried it yesterday after SSG announced it on Twitter and it *seemed* to work on both of my accounts. I say "seemed to work" as I have no way to verify since everything is free right now anyway. I got a pop-up receipt showing all of the adventure packs though.
    check if you can buy a pass from the store. btw you see it unlocked in the store history, and i got a coupon redeemed e-mail (as usual for coupons).

Community Member

where on Earth do you enter this code?
    I saw it, and not sure where to plug it in at?
    I tried my account management page, nothing there.

Update, SOLVED.
    Nvm.
    Last edited by darthpickle; 06-07-2020 at 02:29 PM.