Lightbulb Conjure Bolts Rework

A small QoL fix here please... make this the same as arrows from Arcane Archer in that you spawn 100 of them and they are 100% returning instead of having to fill up precious inventory space for a play session. Running out of bolts mid fight is not my idea of fun. Rogue Mechanics almost get this with Fletching so can Arti's please have the same?

Thank you.

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    A small QoL fix here please... make this the same as arrows from Arcane Archer in that you spawn 100 of them and they are 100% returning instead of having to fill up precious inventory space for a play session. Running out of bolts mid fight is not my idea of fun. Rogue Mechanics almost get this with Fletching so can Arti's please have the same?

Thank you.

Stoner81.
    Unless Lynnabel changes her mind. Not going to happen.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...conjure-arrows
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

yes please!

imho just any ammo should become returning and spare the game a lot of checking and counting. i mean, you have a generic item, some "arrows" equipped. ok, you can shoot with your bow. and that's it. infinite ammo. we'll lose a PnP D&D touch, but in DDO counting ammo has no meaning imho.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valerianus View Post
    yes please!

imho just any ammo should become returning and spare the game a lot of checking and counting. i mean, you have a generic item, some "arrows" equipped. ok, you can shoot with your bow. and that's it. infinite ammo. we'll lose a PnP D&D touch, but in DDO counting ammo has no meaning imho.
    Generic ammo sure its just a hassle even if you cant conjure anything just get a couple house D quivers and fill up annoyingly often, but with dr bypassing, extra damage effects at low levels, slaying arrows etc consumability actually matters a lot at certain times.

What I would not mind is if house D started selling 100% returning ammo at a certain point, just get yourself some generic +1 100% returning ammo there and make conjure arrows a multi-selector that gives players with the "good" house D ammo something to do with that enhancement slot.

+1

It's an unnecessary pain in the posterior, and a possible death sentence if it happens at the wrong time.

What I do is ignore ammo in a quiver*, and put a second 1,000 bolts** in an early slot in Inventory. That way you go thru 1,000 in the active ammo slot, and the game searches the quiver, finds nothing, and then goes to inventory and finds that first.

So I have a nice buffer in case I forget to check my ammo level as often as I need to.

(* Or, depending on my mood and the situation, have stacks of 1000 bolts, 1000 masterwork bolts, and (if I can afford it) 1000 +1 bolts. The rest is just room to collect droploot arrows.)
    (** and sometimes a third)

Of course, if I'm using a Flame Arrows wand, those "back up" stacks can approach taking an entire tab of inventory rather than individual slots.

Community Member

Personal opinion is making ALL ammo Returning.

Give a purpose to those. Have that second slot all ranged characters use worth something.
    Throwers can use off-handed weapons suited to throwing weapons, archers cannot.

Make quests hand out unique ammunition, with unique things on them.
    Make ammo part of the random loot spawn, instead of part of the loot we barely look at like scrolls, gems or scribing materials.
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Szling View Post
    Generic ammo sure its just a hassle even if you cant conjure anything just get a couple house D quivers and fill up annoyingly often, but with dr bypassing, extra damage effects at low levels, slaying arrows etc consumability actually matters a lot at certain times.

What I would not mind is if house D started selling 100% returning ammo at a certain point, just get yourself some generic +1 100% returning ammo there and make conjure arrows a multi-selector that gives players with the "good" house D ammo something to do with that enhancement slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    Personal opinion is making ALL ammo Returning.

Give a purpose to those. Have that second slot all ranged characters use worth something.
    Throwers can use off-handed weapons suited to throwing weapons, archers cannot.

Make quests hand out unique ammunition, with unique things on them.
    Make ammo part of the random loot spawn, instead of part of the loot we barely look at like scrolls, gems or scribing materials.

yeah also the deneith favor ammo, as returning, like all of them, any ammo in game. like Xgya said, exactly my idea. i leave ammo in chest. it would be nice them to be rare, but returning. like named items. or rare random loot drop. or craftable!