Community Member

Default Garret The Sainted - Perhaps he can now afford Epic Destinies with the announced sale

Garret is level 25, and curiously does not own epic destinies. Hopefully he can pick them up with the MoTU pack when it goes on sale.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dogsoldier View Post
    Garret is level 25, and curiously does not own epic destinies. Hopefully he can pick them up with the MoTU pack when it goes on sale.
    I know its not actually your point, but just to clarify...I dont think EDs are included with the MotU+SF special, it sounds like its just the quest packs

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I know its not actually your point, but just to clarify...I dont think EDs are included with the MotU+SF special, it sounds like its just the quest packs
    You know, if SSG thinks of Epic destinies as something completely optional that you don't need to play in Epics, that would explain the borderline insane design of them where you spend half your time leveling up destinies that do almost nothing for your character. I mean if it's all optional, even trees where you dump half your points into minor stat bonuses just to get through them add a little bit to your character.
    Last edited by yfernbottom; 05-31-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yfernbottom View Post
    You know, if SSG thinks of Epic destinies as something completely optional that you don't need to play in Epics, that would explain the borderline insane design of them where you spend half your time leveling up destinies that do almost nothing for your character. I mean if it's all optional, even trees where you dump half your points into minor stat bonuses just to get through them add a little bit to your character.
    or...

They were not expecting players to level them "off spec" (like leveling draconic with pure barb)

I'm sure he can - they have traditionally gone on Sale last weekend in November.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    ...I dont think EDs are included with the MotU+SF special, it sounds like its just the quest packs
    I don't think it's your point, but I don't think anyone should just "think" that, because it doesn't just "sound like" that.

The offer is pretty clear re what is being offered...

"...When the sale is active, players will be able to pick up the quests included in Menace of the Underdark and The Shadowfell Conspiracy for 99 DDO Points...
    Doesn't say "expansion packs on sale", doesn't say anything about extra character slots or DDO Points or Iconics or ED's or anything else involved - just THE QUESTS.

Now, that doesn't mean that they won't toss in a little more, nor that they won't change their plan - but, sorry to be the bearer of what shouldn't be news - that's all it says.

I agree. He must have at least some DDO points stockpiled.

Also, with the random loot revamp, hopefully some of the thief hires might be able to get some more current gear.

Each time I open a chest, I offer any trapping gear I find to Lilo, but she won't take me up on it.

Default I'd settle for giving him 30% striding

All the other types of hirelings are in stride with you step for step but the healing hirelings must be walking barefoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomee View Post
    All the other types of hirelings are in stride with you step for step but the healing hirelings must be walking barefoot.
    Meh, you want to park them behind you anyway, not like they last more than a few swings in combat.

LOL. Yeah, it would nice for him to pickup Exalted Angel: "Reborn in Light" and "Leap of Faith" to follow you around and "Divine Wrath" for healing and damaging.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomee View Post
    Meh, you want to park them behind you anyway, not like they last more than a few swings in combat.
    Nah, with "Leap of Faith" and "Reborn in Light" he does not need shoes and can follow you around.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility