Community Member

Default Sentient Jewel of the Cursed - take the shinies!

It would be very cool if the cursed/ghost voices in the Total Chaos were a sentient gem!

Open a chest - Take the shinies!

When you die - One of us!

It'd sound a lot like the kobold gem though.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I general I like this idea, but, however, there are so many voices speaking at the same time within the quest that it would be difficult to distinguish between all of these sounds ... The only way I could imagine is that the same sentence would be broken up into smaller parts which are spoken by different voices (high, low etc.) ...
    "No, it doesn't say 'Lifeling' "

Miss Robinson already voices three Sentient Gems (Dragon, Kobold, Wave) and I can think of a dozen new voices I would prefer to a Jewel of the Cursed. Existing Sentient Jewels already need about 20 times more dialog. The Sentient Jewel of the Dragon needs a complete overhaul.
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I wish you all many happy adventures!

Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    The Sentient Jewel of the Dragon needs a complete overhaul.
    Absolutely.

The distortions in the dragon's voice due to the over-processing of it is incredibly distracting and takes away from what could been an overall great sentience experience.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Miss Robinson already voices three Sentient Gems (Dragon, Kobold, Wave) and I can think of a dozen new voices I would prefer to a Jewel of the Cursed. Existing Sentient Jewels already need about 20 times more dialog. The Sentient Jewel of the Dragon needs a complete overhaul.
    We need Sean Connery to voice the Dragon.

I want Yaulthoon, or similar Fashonista Squidhead (Sentient Jewel of Vanity), Succubus Enchantress (Sentient Jewel of the Alluring), need a druid type one someone that talks about nature, the balance, etc (Sentient Jewel of Tranquility) make that last one a nice tenor or low-key alto please. One meant for healers would be really nice too... a soft, soothing voice concerned for even the enemies (Sentient Jewel of the Compassionate).
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    We need Sean Connery to voice the Dragon.
    He's still alive but according to the Wiki, he stopped doing work about 10 years ago.

I am almost certain Mark Oliver (Rau Le Creuset from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED) did the primary voice work for Sharn. Oh my gosh, he is such an excellent voice actor. He's the one who should get a Sentient Jewel and the ability to call down bomb pumped microwave laser strikes. That would be so awesome.
    Last edited by Annex; 05-31-2020 at 01:49 PM.
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I wish you all many happy adventures!

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I want Yaulthoon, or similar Fashonista Squidhead (Sentient Jewel of Vanity), Succubus Enchantress (Sentient Jewel of the Alluring), need a druid type one someone that talks about nature, the balance, etc (Sentient Jewel of Tranquility) make that last one a nice tenor or low-key alto please. One meant for healers would be really nice too... a soft, soothing voice concerned for even the enemies (Sentient Jewel of the Compassionate).
    Great ideas ! I'd like to have that, too !
    "No, it doesn't say 'Lifeling' "

Community Member

Miss Robinson already voices three Sentient Gems (Dragon, Kobold, Wave)
    And?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zooble View Post
    It would be very cool if the cursed/ghost voices in the Total Chaos were a sentient gem!

Open a chest - Take the shinies!

When you die - One of us!
    Cool idea. Would love to have that.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Great idea as well. In short, we need more.