Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I hate not being able to findo things

Which of my 40 toons is my level 15 ring of the stalker on?
    There goes 1 hour of my life just looking for 1 item.

that's an hour I am not playing the game, it's an hour logging toon on (takes ages), then opening the bank (takes ages) then looking for things. The repeating that 30+ times.

Now repeat that for several different items.

Now repeat all of that that at several different levels. (5-10-15-20)

Repeat all of that for many heroic reincarnations

WHERE IS MY ****ING GEAR AT?

Add that all up. Let me give you a hint, it's all multiplicative. It's all time I am frustrated because I am not playing the game.

Play a few different toons, and everything gets moved about. I want to play DDO, not inventory management.
    It's so frustrating, that I almost think it's worth stopping playing

Why can't I have an offline search that will tell me where I have "itemname"?
    Why can't I have an export feature that will list where everything is to a server-character.txt file (sure run on each character, open in excel, search. bang.)

Main 100+ Lives Uber Completionist ( 45/45 HTR - 21/21 ITR - 48/48 ETR - 14/14 RAP - 36/36 RTR - 114/156 ), Jynxer - Completionist ( 23/42 HTR - 7/21 ITR - 14/36 ETR - 2/14 RAP - 2/36 RTR - 36/156 ), SoulDuster - Completionist ( 16x HTR 3x ETR 21/156 ) Khaosbringer - Completionist ( 15/45 HTR - 11/21 ITR - 9/48 ETR 2/14 RAP 4/36 RTR 56/156 )

Why can't you make a Google sheets doc where you track which items you have? Why can't you put stuff on an organized storage mule? Why can't you get a duplicate of commonly used items?

Offline item search? What a pointless waste of developer time.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Why can't you put stuff on an organized storage mule?

Why can't you get a duplicate of commonly used items?
    2 good advice's.

Organize your mules by level/type/whatever. <- what I do, biggest hassle was remembering which toon carries which type.

If there is an item you often need on several toons you play regularly, get duplicate.

This has to be a troll, who's been playing since 2009 and doesn't have a couple leveling mules with 8 bags of space each? I have one that just holds items that once were uber and no longer drop and a fine selection of hair products.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    .... a couple leveling mules with 8 bags of space each? I have one that just holds items that once were uber and no longer drop and a fine selection of hair products.
    Ah-ha! But do you have a... Gem Mule??
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Ah-ha! But do you have a... Gem Mule??
    We really need personal dragons for that level of hoard management.
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I wish you all many happy adventures!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkendex View Post
    Organize your mules by level/type/whatever. <- what I do
    Problem is HOW to organize. Level? Type? Effects overlap, so where does a Speed/Deathblock item go?

It is the solution, no doubt - I just keep having trouble refining that solution to work effectively for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post

Offline item search? What a pointless waste of developer time.
    It would be actually reasonably good investment of developer time in case a lot of people are cross logging characters only to search for items. An efficiently designed search could dramatically reduce the server's stress caused by logging in and out our "entire characters made of multiple large layers".

Would need to be rate limited in some fashion tho still,- only devs have enough insight to decide for how good the investment it is tho- based on player trends.

Edit: It would be really great to not only search but allow us to directly move the item once found, because if we need 10 pieces over 10 characters that's not really helpful in reducing access spikes . However at this point it does feel like a massive workaround to something better .
    Last edited by janave; 05-24-2020 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Problem is HOW to organize. Level? Type? Effects overlap, so where does a Speed/Deathblock item go?

It is the solution, no doubt - I just keep having trouble refining that solution to work effectively for me.
    I have found the best way to organize is by level so that you can jump to a mule and know what gear by level is there I have a couple at 10, 15, and 29 with the volume of gear at those levels but I would rather look on two mules than 15 any day.
    Main 100+ Lives Uber Completionist ( 45/45 HTR - 21/21 ITR - 48/48 ETR - 14/14 RAP - 36/36 RTR - 114/156 ), Jynxer - Completionist ( 23/42 HTR - 7/21 ITR - 14/36 ETR - 2/14 RAP - 2/36 RTR - 36/156 ), SoulDuster - Completionist ( 16x HTR 3x ETR 21/156 ) Khaosbringer - Completionist ( 15/45 HTR - 11/21 ITR - 9/48 ETR 2/14 RAP 4/36 RTR 56/156 )

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post

that's an hour I am not playing the game, it's an hour logging toon on (takes ages), then opening the bank (takes ages) then looking for things. The repeating that 30+ times.

Add that all up. Let me give you a hint, it's all multiplicative. It's all time I am frustrated because I am not playing the game.

Play a few different toons, and everything gets moved about. I want to play DDO, not inventory management.

Why can't I have an export feature that will list where everything is to a server-character.txt file (sure run on each character, open in excel, search. bang.)
    I will apologize for the response of the player base. Player blaming >>>> solutions that improve the game.

That same player that demands a combat log they can download will throw poo on you for suggesting we could have better ways to auto-track inventory. It is unfortunately what they have been taught here.

Even with toons per 4 levels, I have had this same experience way too often, and I can empathize with your frustrating experience.

I once told my wife I was doing chores cleaning up stuff online, which promptly got me a fresh honey-do list.

Thanks for taking the time to suggest solutions.
    Last edited by nokowi; 05-24-2020 at 02:19 PM.

meh, a player is totally legit complaining because ddo inventory system is lacking, it needs a major overhaul or different solutions and now it's his\her fault. go figure.

this is what will help you ----> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...esktop-Utility

and i'll add a suggestion of mine on the sensible inventory matter, about different solutions, don't want to clutter this thread with my ideas, just linking it. ----> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...821-collection

btw, organizing mules is a good advice indeed, it's your only hope. in my point of view it's a workaround, but whatever.

i have ravenloft mule, sharn mule, cannith crafted\cosmetics mule, the temp mule (i play only 1 char, this is his personal closet, usually not needed), the generic mule (some named items from other packs and stuff)
    Last edited by Valerianus; 05-24-2020 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkendex View Post
    2 good advice's.

Organize your mules by level/type/whatever. <- what I do, biggest hassle was remembering which toon carries which type.

If there is an item you often need on several toons you play regularly, get duplicate.
    I actually made specially-named mules for this, so I have PBSubFive, PBSharn, PBRavenloft, PBChallenges, etc. If you use your initials or whatever as part of the name it's pretty easy to get a unique name. It helps.

I also flat out decided that I wasn't going to keep any Bind to Character on Equip loot on mules any more, and that freed up a TON of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerianus View Post
    meh, a player is totally legit complaining because ddo inventory system is lacking, it needs a major overhaul or different solutions and now it's his\her fault. go figure.
    The inventory is lacking, and I have personally been complaining about the lack of storage space since 2006.

But he isn't even trying to work with the inventory system that does exist, and is complaining about problems that he's bringing onto himself through poor organization.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

I used to have this issue, then I deleted everything I didn't use from 2006, 7, 8 etc.. streamlined each of my 5 bank slots by how I level, gear to where and what not. Haven't had any issues finding anything for any class after because mules dont carry anything I currently wear.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post

I do mule by level and tab by slot

so if i need a set for say level 15 I load the mule for the appropriate level and look in the tab contains the slot i need to upgrade, like ring for example.

And due to item sets made up of 3+ items I usually pre-plan the items by slot I will use.
    Last edited by kanordog; 05-24-2020 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuulified View Post
    I used to have this issue, then I deleted everything I didn't use from 2006, 7, 8 etc..
    Not sure if we have an augment tool similar to sentient destroyer but it would be very very helpful to get rid of augments without the expensive jewellers toolkit so the outdated/unwanted named loot can be used as jewel-food.

Community Member

As my guild leader always says to me, nearly every tr that is. That ring will be in the last place you look. He’s onto something there. OK DEVS please is this possible. Click an in game button that. Scans all character tr caches and bank space on the account and dump this info onto an excel spread sheet. We could sort from there.....possible? Impossible ?

Yeah, you can say organize. But I bet most of you have moved something to a character to use, then it got stuck in that characters personal bank or TR cache, and then spent a lot of time looking for said item. I spend an hour looking for a pair of goggles I know I have, but I never did find them. Maybe I deleted them or crafted over them. But a search would have told me for sure.

I think it isn't a bad idea, but truthfully, probably very tricky to implement.

I wish there was a way to download a description of your gear (ALL of your gear) in a spreadsheet. Now that would be a cool utility. Then you could just search the spreadsheet and it probably wouldn't be that hard to implement.

Community Member

The answer is, of course, as always, an API, like any modern game has.

e.g. https://develop.battle.net/documenta...t/profile-apis

Yes, we use spreadsheets now, but people who defend that just boggle my mind. It's bizarre.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast