Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Impact Overall?

I have read through all of this, but still have a couple of questions (maybe you addressed these already and I glossed over it). Here goes:

If I find a random piece of loot with the increased number of stats, and an augment slot, if I disjunct it, will I be able to put the same number of stats on the piece as there were in the original (i.e., started with 4+ stats, I can add 4 stats back on it). And, how will it impact the extra slot you can put on things using the Cannith thing? (Has four stats, can I add an 'extra' slot making 5?)

Will there be any corresponding update to older named gear (I'm looking at you, Sun Quarterstaff from the raid) to correlate with the updates to new random loot, or will the older named loot (and associated raids to get it) become increasingly irrelevant to game play overall (other than from the story line perspective--which you know, most people only pay attention to for one or two lives)?

Blueshine was in the Cannith crafting system as only something that could be applied to armor, not weapons. Does making it a material and removing it from the Cannith system mean it will now be available on weapons too? How does that impact Everbright?

I love the possibility of getting two augment slots on gear--but, augment power has been rendered pretty much worthless for most augments (with those rare ruby augments for weapons exceptions)--is the augment system going to be correspondingly revitalized at some point?

I guess that's more than a couple questions. Those will do for starters.

Default Insightful Healing Amplification

Would you consider adding insightful version of healing amplification to random loot? IMO, sensible placement would be bracers, belts and armor slots, maybe necklaces and trinkets. At CC TL34 it is roughly an extra +30 healing amp. Afaik, named items TL roughly around +40.

This stat is probably one of the more helpful new character "catch up" effects, invested characters tend to run a lot more passively, often with banked items that can boost another 2-3 times this much by mid heroics.

Generally i think better access to "big divide" effects is good for game balance. A challenge made of spike damage is unaffected, damage over time is a tiny little easier to cope with, -not a bad thing perhaps.

Community Member

Cool additional requests in loot revamp

I really like the idea of making random loot useful again. The Meta has just blown random loot out of the water.

Primary Requests (really want)

Bring back where Master Crafting that actually improves the item. In past, master crafting made a weapon 2 levels higher in nature. Thus it was possible to get paragon weapons at level 8/ Please bring that back. Nowadays , it seems that most of the mastercrafted items are actually worse than the non mastercrafted items and it seems to be only one level higher not 2. Nice to have- Bring back wondrous craftmanship (4 level higher, or maybe three if worried about overpower). Make wondrous craftmanship drop in more places/ quests than they are currently dropping now. Remove the ML 14 requirement. Perhaps make them only available at 10th level and higher.

Bring back improved paralyzing into random loot tables. Consider raising the paralyzing DC's to the games new Meta. It seems silly to have loot drop at level 15 with DC17l where most new dungeons require DC35 or higher to be effective. Cpnsider dropping paralyzing minimum level to something less than 15th level. There are several named items that have paralyzing at level 7, so consider having paralyzing start dropping around level 10. Then bring in improved paralyzing to 15th level and greater and sovereign at even higher levels. Similar for smiting, disruption, etc...

Bring back more accessory locations for certain attributes. For example speed only drops an boots and weapons (no one would ever use this- weapons are for mostly killing or caster sticks). It used to be on quite a few other accessory slots like belts, necklaces, etc...

Bring back the original vampirism with no three second cool down for +1 hp. There are other procs that also have a new three second cooldown, these should all be removed.

Make all the attribute dropping names (befouling, bewildering, weakening, etc..) never proc less than 1, even in reaper (these weapons currently have no value in even reaper 1 and are currently clogging the loot tables). This would be similar to healing never providing less than 1 hp.

Nice to haves: Loot pair restrictions. Too often random loot looks like all magic items are being made by insane harper mages.
    Make loot tables that after the primary is rolled, all completely non compatible secondary loot attributes become unavailable. This could be an ongoing effort and implemented over time.

Consider bringing back master craftmanship into cannith crafting. Also will cannith crafting be updated to reflect some of the random loot changes?

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by jetster11 View Post
    Bring back the original vampirism with no three second cool down for +1 hp. There are other procs that also have a new three second cooldown, these should all be removed.
    As an aside, our new scaling vampirism's cooldown is a flat 1 second, not 3.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Default Random Gen items I request Be Made Possible To Find!

Buckler
    *Mithral
    *Healer's Bounty
    *Anthem
    *Transform Kinetic Energy
    *Purple Augment Slot
    *Red Augment Slot

Bastard Sword
    *Vampirism
    *Soul Eating (See wiki page here: https://ddowiki.com/page/Soul_Eating )
    *Improved Cursespewing
    *Trap The Soul
    *Purple Augment Slot
    *Red Augment Slot

Medium Armor
    *Darkleaf
    *Druidic Stoneshape
    *Healer's Bounty
    *Superior Stability
    *Blue Augment Slot
    *Green Augment Slot

Orb
    *Healer's Bounty
    *Soul Eating Guard (See wiki page here: https://ddowiki.com/page/Soul_Eating )
    *Touch Of Immortality
    *Transform kinetic energy
    *Purple Augment Slot
    *Red Augment Slot

Trinket
    *Insightful reconstruction
    *Quality Reconstruction
    *Constitution
    *Quality constitution
    *Blue Augment Slot
    *Green Augment Slot

If these pieces are even remotely possible to find, like 1 in a million chance............ I do believe the random gen system would pump out some amazing pieces people will sell on the shard exchange and actually compel others to buy shards to be able to afford

Please make this random gen system dramatically increase the flow of shards in the DDO market!

Further more, if you create a way to convert some of the epic weapons found to be able to accept sentience, you can make them worth while, but for now it is seeming like this new system will be most useful for heroic levels....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Orbs. Orbs currently get Red slots. Blue there would be awesome.
    NO WAY! blues are in every other item, reds only come on weapons, don't take one away.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    NO WAY! blues are in every other item, reds only come on weapons, don't take one away.
    both colors...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by capitainetaverne View Post
    both colors...
    I tend to find yellow more useful for casters as you can slot the augments that give bonuses to casting DC. Or we could split the difference and go for a green on top of the red

Community Member

Can you please add some kind of naming convention for the additional properties for AH purposes?

Example: see the kama bottom right in the picture below. +7 Kama of Doublestrike 12

If you wanted this specific kama, there is absolutely no way to specifically search for it on the AH since the Befouling and Disruption are essentially hidden effects. This is also a double-edged sword since if people can't find it, there is no point trying to sell it for what it's worth.

Therefore all this cool loot is either lucked upon in the AH, someone who wants to waste time looking for gems on the AH due to poor search, or for personal use only if you pull it yourself.

Even if the UI prevents long names, perhaps being able to search by property? Years ago searching by name worked since the name corresponded to the properties on the item, that is no longer the case.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121;6324589

[url=https://postimg.cc/2bK44wM5
    [/url]

The problem exists on live and this update will just make it more pronounced.

Live example:
    Astute 13 Helm of Resistance 12

This actually has Insightful Wisdom 6 in addition to the named properties.
    Last edited by zooble; 05-28-2020 at 09:00 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zooble View Post
    Live example:
    Astute 13 Helm of Resistance 12

This actually has Insightful Wisdom 6 in addition to the named properties.
    It is not a naming problem actually. their system is too outdated that they didn't make a proper way of how to find an option.
    Their AH system should have a more search option that searches only an option you're looking for - an option in prefix, suffix, extra slots all. To find Acid Resistance, You should know prefix:Alkalescent and suffix:Acid Resistance. all options have another name.
    and the item you said surely missed an 'extra slot' option at its name, but It's not a naming problem, because, as I said, We don't have a function to search an extra option in AH.

Well, actually, we can solve it by putting a name for extra option -- ex: "Astute 9 helm of Resistance 8 (Insightful Wisdom 6)" but It's too long. More example? "Elementally Resistance Clock of Physical and Magical Resistance (Insightful Intelligence)"
    Last edited by Targal; 05-29-2020 at 02:22 PM.
    Ghallanda Server
    Dragant, Palescale, Glimmerspell, Scalefavor
    Officer of DDO Korea Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by zooble View Post
    Can you please add some kind of naming convention for the additional properties for AH purposes?

Example: see the kama bottom right in the picture below. +7 Kama of Doublestrike 12

If you wanted this specific kama, there is absolutely no way to specifically search for it on the AH since the Befouling and Disruption are essentially hidden effects. This is also a double-edged sword since if people can't find it, there is no point trying to sell it for what it's worth.
    I guess those will eventually show a "Disruptive Kama of " or something like that.

I personally like multiple colored (and patterned for ease of use) borders with different signals.

• Combo effects are signaled by their better naming patterns: "Watchful, Stabilizing..", could use a different color for a border?
    • Border can be used to signal a 3rd effect. How about a border that has the top right corner contrasted by some other pattern+color?
      -- assumption by the non-proficient yellow-! marker: I would imagine it is possible to layer a smaller image on top of the icon, so a dot icon in the top right corner is possible for a 3rd effect?
    • Augment slots would be nice to have some graphic indication as well
    • For searching, I think if possible to actually search based on meta data vs only item name would be ideal. Name searches are great for static loot, for dynamic not so much, a meta based search-filter would work wonders tho. ( probably a long term investment, not sure if that could be used by future storage sort-search too)

This may just be my new favorite update/patch, looks great so far .

Edit: would this look weird?

Last edited by janave; 05-29-2020 at 03:12 AM.

Community Member Yvonne_Blacksword's Avatar
    in the dark...cold...UnderWater places...

Quote Originally Posted by Kraki View Post
    Lynnabel, not sure if this was on your radar before.

Google Drive sharing doesn't seem to be happy with the forum. :/

Tactful Gloves of Spell Lore 8
    ML: 21
    Disable Device: +16
    Spell Lore: +8
    Durability: 220/220
    Base Value 8400p 1g
    Disable Device should be Tactile (as in feelly with the fingers, rather than tactful which is like feelly with the emotions (diplomacy)...prolly a typo in the tables, eliminating one and making us sooth those cranky traps)

Are waterbreathing items going to be re-added to the tables? they seem to be missing almost 2 months now. i drown a lot (and the old ones I had increased in level so characters so equipped became hilariously encumbered).

Can docents be looked at again. I like colorchanging my iron defender (to match my hair color ) and will pick a lesser one for a cooler colored one. It seems as though a randomly generated docents above ~= level 15 are all red. I would rather have "insect guts" yellow or "hate magnet "orange than "they only come in red" red.
    Last edited by Yvonne_Blacksword; 05-29-2020 at 09:43 PM. Reason: i forgot something
    I used to list all my characters on Sarlona (previously on Areneal) but now I really play just artificers, on all four accounts, on every server but hardcore...see ya round! Stellectric/Illonly/Tendine/Scionide

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Seeing as you mentioned scaling - is keen going to be scaling in the new system? From some of the screenshots it doesn't look as if it is but uncertain whether this is a bug or intended. Same applies for some other enchantments that should scale (and used to) but currently don't.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    RE: caster staffs. I agree that they need something other than extra random effects. Even if you got lucky enough to find various star-aligned staffs with 8+ good effects it would be impractical to store them all compared to one handers that can be mixed and matched as needed. Staffs need some kind of baseline benefit similar to how carrying a shield in the off hand gives certain consistent benefits. Maybe give all caster staffs potency at type specific levels. Or just make the effects straight up higher, like ML +5.

Edit: the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of giving staffs a juiced up potency:
    1. It would give staffs a niche for multi-element casters which "feels right" to me in terms of the kind of generalist magic user that would carry a staff.
    2. It would be a nice option for new and casual players that don't want to deal with more complex itemization. Any at-level staff will at least be OK for your newb caster character. Casters have a steep learning curve and it would be nice to give that kind of easy advice to newbies.
    3. There's probably a lot of overlap between the above and people who care about the aesthetics of a caster with a staff.
    Something to the effect of "+18 universal quaterstaff power" or something like that.

Community Member

@Lynn Can we possibly have clickies as a new version?

these are relics from old times. although we can't get them anymore, these are quite interesting still.
    Last edited by Targal; 05-31-2020 at 07:44 AM.
    Ghallanda Server
    Dragant, Palescale, Glimmerspell, Scalefavor
    Officer of DDO Korea Unlimited

Hero
    ([ ]'.')>-{===> <( ;..; <)

This sounds great. Especially the fact that you can now finally use the gear you get from quests instead of having it be like several levels above you.

I'm a bit sad, though, that the power creep has gotten so bad that we're now having 4 affixes on random loot. I miss the days of simple loot. It felt more special that way.

On the plus side we're getting metals back which is super cool! I hope you will bring a fix to the fact that mithril actually makes armour worse since it gives the PRR of the lesser armour type.

The Eternal Rapscallion Haphazarduk's Avatar

I don't know whether anyone else has said this (I did look through the thread but quickly) but will there be an opportunity for rare effects like displacement clicks? Way back when I'm sure I had some but I lost all my original characters in the company/character transfer debacle of '11/12. I never did Shroud when others were doing it and its nigh on impossible to get a group together thee days, at least for heroic.

Oh, and for the person that said its pointless, not everyone has the time, past lives or inclination to run reaper raids all the time so good kit is more difficult to come by for some....

Hap

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazarduk View Post
    I don't know whether anyone else has said this (I did look through the thread but quickly) but will there be an opportunity for rare effects like displacement clicks? Way back when I'm sure I had some but I lost all my original characters in the company/character transfer debacle of '11/12. I never did Shroud when others were doing it and its nigh on impossible to get a group together thee days, at least for heroic.

Oh, and for the person that said its pointless, not everyone has the time, past lives or inclination to run reaper raids all the time so good kit is more difficult to come by for some....

Hap
    As far as I know Displacement clickies were only ever from the Shroud and nowhere else. There are similar effects on items now in the higher end raids but not full Displacement.

Stoner81.

my question is will random items have comparable effect power for high levels? (stat values close or same as on named of same ml) at or near level 30 random items were always vastly underpowered to the point of not being worth taking out of chest, does anyone at level 30 even use random items anymore or its just named, and if so what is the point of random items at those levels.

ddo was always overloaded with named items, to the point where random items became more and more uninteresting, so i hope that with this change randoms will have their place.

bit off topic, but please do something about augments, make them all scale to ml of the item and add more effects, being able to customize your items to fit your needs with adding the right stat or other effect would be very valuable at high levels. gear tetris is annoying.
    "If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong."
    — Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Why is there a cooldown at all? Even with scaling and very high healing amplification the effect is trivial.
    I can be found on Orien as Cilon or Acroyer.
    Died 9ish times on HC2. Was best known there as Ransack and Carnage (they lasted the longest).

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast