Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Community Member

For the caster's Qstaff, I'm not sure if I'll ever use it as I see its no competitiveness, but I think I might use it if there is something attractive than "Barovian's sceptre" as it has total 97 spellpower, which can be even higher than itself by having an orb or something in your off-hand. I don't think we have any reason to replace Barovian sceptre into Qstaff.

Below is my suggestion:
    • Insightful Universal crit chance 2% (always 2% for all level range)
    • Insightful Universal Spellpower by weapon level (14 Lvl for 14 spellpower)
    • Stacking Single Spell Focus (value? no idea. maybe only 1 at all level range)

So, This can be like this:
    • 10 level Thauma Qstaff of Magical Mastery
    • prob +5 enhancement -> 15 spellpower
    • [prefix] potency 40 (total 55)
    • [prefix] A single spell power 60 (total 75)
    • [prefix] B single spell power 60 (total 75) -so now we know why we'll NOT use Qstaff-
    • [NEW prefix] one of them: Insightful Universal crit chance 2% / Insightful Universal Spellpower 10 / Thaumaturgic Evocation Focus 1
    • [suffix] Fire lore
    • [suffix] Evo focus
    • [extra] spell pene

My idea for this is that you should give an option to attract people. such "Stacking spell focus" is a good bait. that will split people into two groups between the scepter or a randomie staff.
    Last edited by Targal; 05-22-2020 at 05:35 PM.
    Ghallanda Server
    Dragant, Palescale, Glimmerspell, Scalefavor
    Officer of DDO Korea Unlimited

Admittedly, I haven't hunted thru ALL the pages and lists.

What about the old Prisms affix for armor/shields?

https://ddowiki.com/page/Prisms#Radiant_Prisms
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Community Member dragons1ayer74's Avatar

Very excited to see some of this coming to the game it will make random loot better than before which is a good direction for the game imo.

Dragon Mark of Finding:
    1. I have not seen this anywhere but how will the greater dragon mark of finding work with this update?
    2. Any chance if you adjust this you could give this and possible other dragon marks a tiny bit of love...I highly doubt any would think the tier 1 of dragon mark of finding would be OP if the items you found you got to keep.

Other stuff
    1. Can you look at getting all of the name rune arms to be able to be fed to sentient weapons? Currently you can feed some but no others!
    2. I have seen this mentioned about wonderous but I will add to it at one time you used to get really excited about pulling that wonderous item now the items kind of exist but really are in a state of limbo with there only use that isn't even fully known to be sentient weapon food.
    3. Have you considered adding super rare random item drops kind or like the extra slots some ideas ; Mythic and Reaper bonus, sentient weapon food, lower min level, accepts sentient, strange aspect (durability , small damage add, small crit profile adjustment, weight, etc)
    4. How will Pirate treasure maps work now?
    Last edited by dragons1ayer74; 05-23-2020 at 03:09 PM.

Ultimate Lord of Shadows Dreppo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    One additional change that didn't make the preview: We're going to be removing Blueshine from the Cannith Crafting list and instead adding it to the alternate material types list for all metal melee weapons. If you acquire one of these weapons, keying it for crafting will retain its alternate material typing, just like Silver and Adamantine, etc, do currently. Currently CCed Blueshine will continue to be wiped when reprocessed, so you can re-key a weapon that's already been crafted without getting it stuck there, but Blueshine will not be able to be re-added to those weapons once this update goes live.

Blueshine weapons are immune to Rust damage, such as durability damage from Ooze.
    Thank you for Blueshine!!! With the current CC system, you can't make a very impressive ooze beater.

Any chance this means that <damage type> Burst (ex. Holy Burst) prefixes will return? Meaning, as a Damage dice + Damage dice on crit effect. (ex. Bludgeon damage + Smashing)

Also, can we get these double prefix effects as high level cannith recipes? (ex. Holy Burst Shard = Good Damage shard + Collectible + other collectible + Purified Eberron Dragon Shards.)
    Last edited by QuantumFX; 05-23-2020 at 08:19 PM.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Setting Unarmed Strike back to what it was and attacking the real problem: Reinforced Fists items.
    • Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for Bear and Wolf wildshapes!
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Keep Lynnabel on task with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.
    • Finishing the enhancement tree passes (including racial PrE’s) before rolling out yet another DDOStore™ Enhancement Tree.

Could we please have some heavy armor random drops for druids (in addition to alternate material types such as adamantine and silver, there could be scales)? Since the Nature's Protector enhancement tree makes heavy armor a possibility for druids, then perhaps there should be more than just 5 choices before character level 20.

Also, please make possible Cannith Crafting of Druid permissible heavy armors.

(previously posted in the wrong thread)

RE: caster staffs. I agree that they need something other than extra random effects. Even if you got lucky enough to find various star-aligned staffs with 8+ good effects it would be impractical to store them all compared to one handers that can be mixed and matched as needed. Staffs need some kind of baseline benefit similar to how carrying a shield in the off hand gives certain consistent benefits. Maybe give all caster staffs potency at type specific levels. Or just make the effects straight up higher, like ML +5.

Edit: the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of giving staffs a juiced up potency:
    1. It would give staffs a niche for multi-element casters which "feels right" to me in terms of the kind of generalist magic user that would carry a staff.
    2. It would be a nice option for new and casual players that don't want to deal with more complex itemization. Any at-level staff will at least be OK for your newb caster character. Casters have a steep learning curve and it would be nice to give that kind of easy advice to newbies.
    3. There's probably a lot of overlap between the above and people who care about the aesthetics of a caster with a staff.
    Last edited by SerPounce; 05-24-2020 at 07:25 AM.
    Sabbath - Sarlona

One additional change that didn't make the preview: We're going to be removing Blueshine from the Cannith Crafting list and instead adding it to the alternate material types list for all metal melee weapons. If you acquire one of these weapons, keying it for crafting will retain its alternate material typing, just like Silver and Adamantine, etc, do currently. Currently CCed Blueshine will continue to be wiped when reprocessed, so you can re-key a weapon that's already been crafted without getting it stuck there, but Blueshine will not be able to be re-added to those weapons once this update goes live.

Blueshine weapons are immune to Rust damage, such as durability damage from Ooze.
    WELL IT'S ABOUT FREAKING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back when Cannith Crafting got the revamp this is one thing I was all over and ignored, it should have been done back then but I will take what I can get.

Will our current Everbright weapons stay as they are or will it be retroactive? I'm asking because of farming up new items and if we can at least use the ones we have for now.

Seriously though thank you so much for this! It has been one of my major pet peeves for a long long LONG time.

<3

Stoner81.

EDIT - On a side note can items that have non standard material types drop with an augment slot or even with 2?

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I would like to have Quarterstaffs that can be used for fighting as well, meaning : No support for spellcasters on them, but rather for fighters.
    I mean, when they are random, there might be a chance to have a fighter Quarterstaff instead of a spellcaster Quarterstaff, right ?
    "No, it doesn't say 'Lifeling' "

Thousand Suns is one of the 90 returning enchantments :P
    yaaaay!

Any way to make a few things remain logical and wise, like no anarchic handwraps and avoiding assassinate on ranged weapons, really any weapon below level 10ish should not have assassinate which is not usable until character level 12.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (>17), Naerfelka (>21)
    wounded and burnt from many mistakes and still stumbling!

minor point

I preferred progressions like flaming/flaming burst/flaming blast/ fiery detonation over flaming 2, flaming 3 etc. Not sure how you can do this
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (>17), Naerfelka (>21)
    wounded and burnt from many mistakes and still stumbling!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerevth View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Chompy get pass, myself.
    Faster, more streamlined and provides the recipe requirements without needing to reference Wiki...
    I wouldn't be adverse to this either along with a general augment pass, preceded by the much wanted scroll/shard/seal/item being updated

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    yaaaay!

Any way to make a few things remain logical and wise, like no anarchic handwraps and avoiding assassinate on ranged weapons, really any weapon below level 10ish should not have assassinate which is not usable until character level 12.
    Falconry! :3
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    yaaaay!

Isn't it justa neg level for a monk? You don't want chaos for the Marut?

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Lynnabel

I noticed some wonderful things like stone prison guard and trap the soul guard........ any chance you put healers bounty somewhere in the random loot?

Oh heck, I definitely misread that post.

No, Darkleaf has not been added.

Pity, it is a really good material for armors and totally flavoured for druids
    Argonnessen: Gondandur, Isilorne, Aelanor, Zythrana.

Officer of "Regnum" formely know as "Regno dell'Oscuro Sapere" (aka ROS)

Quote Originally Posted by Gondandur View Post

Pity, it is a really good material for armors and totally flavored for druids
    Druids have been left behind some other classes item wise and have been asking for years if we can actually get a 9th level spell selection rather than 6 slots and 6 spells. Maybe with feywild we will get some love. (fingers crossed) maybe we may even get earth and air elemental forms (doesnt hold breath for this)
    Last edited by axan22; 05-25-2020 at 06:55 AM.

Hey Lynn - Can we get Crystal weapons to craft on?
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Setting Unarmed Strike back to what it was and attacking the real problem: Reinforced Fists items.
    • Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for Bear and Wolf wildshapes!
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Keep Lynnabel on task with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.
    • Finishing the enhancement tree passes (including racial PrE’s) before rolling out yet another DDOStore™ Enhancement Tree.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    Hey Lynn - Can we get Crystal weapons to craft on?
    We are limited in our weapon models for that material type. I don't think Crystal weapons should exist that don't appear Crystal visually.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

No one else has asked so i'm gonna what about the one and only GHOSTBANE

bring it back but it won't be easy GHOSTBANE

You'll pry my GHOSTBANE from my cold dead fist

I would so pay real money for some cool scythes in game and a reaper Night mare

He rode a pale horse and his name was death and **** followed
    Last edited by mr420247; 05-25-2020 at 03:37 PM.
    Damonz Cannith

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast