Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default U46 Patch 2: Random Loot Revamp

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

The Random Loot system has improved!

Common Enchantments
    Several new and returning single enchantments have returned to certain random loot options, and several less-usable or bugged options (such as Damaging Guards) have been removed from their drop tables.

Rare Special Prefixes
    90 new and returning special enchantments have returned to Random Loot! These special enchantments contain a third (or fourth, if the item is above level 10) enchantment, bringing the maximum number of enchantments of a Random Loot item to 4. For example, the below is now a possible rare random loot drop:

Champion's Boots of Parrying
    • Combat Mastery (This is from the Champion Rare Prefix enchantment)
    • Speed (This is also from the Champion Rare Prefix enchantment)
    • Parrying (This is a common Suffix enchantment)
    • Insightful Fortification (This is a common Extra enchantment)

These special prefixes will display a Teal border on the item to help them visually contrast with other random loot. Teal Borders are now reserved for items with a rare special Prefix enchantment and, as a result, items that have rolled higher in item quality (Masterful Craftsmanno longer display this Teal border.

Casting Quarterstaffs
    Caster Quarterstaves have their own set of Random Loot adjustments and special enchantments, aiming to make using a Quarterstaff as a spellcaster more of an attractive option. The maximum number of enchantments on a Caster Quarterstaff is now 6 (up from 3). For example, the below is now a possible rare random loot Quarterstaff drop:

Thaumatergic Quarterstaff of Magical Mastery
    • Potency (This is from the Thaumatergic Rare Prefix enchantment)
    • Combustion (This is also from the Thaumatergic Rare Prefix enchantment)
    • Radiance (This is ALSO from the Thaumatergic Rare Prefix enchantment)
    • Fire Lore (This is from the of Magical Mastery Rare Suffix enchantment)
    • Transmutation Focus (This is also from the of Magical Mastery Rare Suffix enchantment)
    • Spell Penetration (This is a common Extra enchantment)

Minimum Level of Loot
    When you open chests in content or complete quests, the level of random loot you roll will now exactly match the instance level of the content you are completing. For example, if you are in a level 3 dungeon on Elite, you will get level 5 loot and no higher.

Items and effects that previously increased the minimum level of random loot - such as the Greater Dragonmark of Finding - now increase the quality of that random loot instead. Jewels of Fortune are no longer available in-game and in the DDO Store, and in their place where they were available in-game you will find Treasure Hunter's Elixir's of the same magnitude instead. Unused Jewels of Fortune can be traded in for 2 of the same magnitude Treasure Hunter's Elixir in the House Cannith Crafting Hall, in the same place you can trade in spare Tomes for Dragonshard Fragments. Currently consumed Jewels of Fortune will provide the same effect as an equivalent rarity of Treasure Hunter's Elixir when this patch goes live.

Augment Slots
    Items found in random loot now have a small chance to drop with a second Augment Slot.

Material Types
    Armor and Shields can once again drop with alternate material types (Adamantine, Flametouched Iron, and Mithral), as well as a new Armor/Shield material type, Silver, which grants a saves bonus against the Undead. Armors and Shields with alternate material types will retain these types when keyed for Cannith Crafting, just like weapons do.

Certain weapons in random loot (Quarterstaves, crossbows, clubs, and greatclubs) can now drop with nonstandard material types such as Adamantine or Silver.

How to Preview
    For this Lamannia Preview there is a special Challenge Dungeon that can be accessed from the Test Dojo, located just to the right of the center island, that can be entered at any level from 1 to 30 that simply contains a huge stockpile of treasure chests. Alternatively, you can run dungeons naturally, however, if you want to generate a large amount of random loot the fastest means of doing that will be the special treasure stash challenge dungeon in the Test Dojo.

Known Issue: The special treasure stash challenge dungeon can't be entered by characters below level 15. Any character above level 15 can enter (even on lower difficulties in order to be able to pull Min level 1-14 Loot).
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 05-19-2020 at 12:53 PM.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Has the maximum enhancement level been increased for weapons/armour/spellpower/stats/etc.?

Community Member

This is great news!

Will the random loot have enough of stat bonuses to be competitive with rare loot? If it does then the changes make sense, If it doesn't then this whole thing won't make a difference since people will be using rare gear anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Items and effects that previously increased the minimum level of random loot - such as the Greater Dragonmark of Finding - now increase the quality of that random loot instead. Jewels of Fortune are no longer available in-game and in the DDO Store, and in their place where they were available in-game you will find Treasure Hunter's Elixir's of the same magnitude instead. Unused Jewels of Fortune can be traded in for 2 of the same magnitude Treasure Hunter's Elixir in the House Cannith Crafting Hall, in the same place you can trade in spare Tomes for Dragonshard Fragments. Currently consumed Jewels of Fortune will have no effect on the level of the loot you roll, even if they were used before this patch goes live.

Augment Slots
    Items found in random loot now have a small chance to drop with a second Augment Slot.

Material Types
    Armor and Shields can once again drop with alternate material types (Adamantine, Flametouched Iron, and Mithral), as well as a new Armor/Shield material type, Silver, which grants a saves bonus against the Undead. Armors and Shields with alternate material types will retain these types when keyed for Cannith Crafting, just like weapons do.

Certain weapons in random loot (Quarterstaves, crossbows, clubs, and greatclubs) can now drop with nonstandard material types such as Adamantine or Silver.
    Jewels of Fortune. Ughh. I don't like this answer but I don't have a better solution. Seems odd to remove something, but "fun with loot tables" kinda demands it. Hmmm. I really can't think of anything better. Ok, what if Jewels of Fortune raised the change you could get that second augment slot?

Alternate material types: Wow. VERY NICE. But will Mithral work correctly in the games currect PRR/MRR cap system with all of the drawbacks you must be aware of? This has been fixed right? Also, aren't there already silver shields floating around, from old, or from waterworks chain reward? Will these retroactively have the bonus against the undead?

Quarterstaves in silver. Would love to hear more about this behind the scenes. I KNOW I saw one from the quest giver (I THINK I THINK) from the WPM extra quests in the twelve. Saw it right when Lynn said it wasn't dropping. Curious what was going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Jewels of Fortune. Ughh. I don't like this answer but I don't have a better solution. Seems odd to remove something, but "fun with loot tables" kinda demands it. Hmmm. I really can't think of anything better. Ok, what if Jewels of Fortune raised the change you could get that second augment slot?

Alternate material types: Wow. VERY NICE. But will Mithral work correctly in the games currect PRR/MRR cap system with all of the drawbacks you must be aware of? This has been fixed right? Also, aren't there already silver shields floating around, from old, or from waterworks chain reward? Will these retroactively have the bonus against the undead?

Quarterstaves in silver. Would love to hear more about this behind the scenes. I KNOW I saw one from the quest giver (I THINK I THINK) from the WPM extra quests in the twelve. Saw it right when Lynn said it wasn't dropping. Curious what was going on here.
    I actually just asked about the Jewels of Fortune thing and Lynn has corrected me that we were able to solve the problem of consumed ones doing nothing and they'll be giving the bonus of an equivalent rarity of Treasure Hunter Elixir for their remaining duration when the patch goes live. The OP has been updated to reflect that. =]
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

This is exciting. I especially like the return of 2 augment random loot. I do have one question, though. Are the possible colors for augments staying the same?

Right now, accessories can drop with a colorless, yellow, or sometimes a green slot. Armors and shields can drop with a blue slot. Weapons can drop with a red slot.

I've long thought that armors should sometimes drop with a green slot like accessories can. Additionally, it would be really nice if shields could drop with red and maybe even purple augment slots. How about the possibility for orange and purple slots on weapons?

You specifically mentioned chests.

What about quest giver end rewards (I'm looking at you Sharn Syndicate), and chain end rewards (I'm looking at you Philaran Carnical and Sentinals of stormreach).

Many of the random rewards are lvl 1 & 2 and the quests are all lvl 4+ on elite. I'm also not sure what the logic ever was to have those chains drop the set items from Korthos...

Quote Originally Posted by Edwinge View Post
    .... Armors and shields can drop with a blue slot. Weapons can drop with a red slot.....
    Orbs. Orbs currently get Red slots. Blue there would be awesome.

Nice change on the caster sticks. Might bring back usefulness to the ... ah, caster enhancement for using q'staves. Whatever that one's called.

------

Kinduv related = stat damaging effects on missile weapons. The effect pops on xbows/repeaters but description still says "melee weapon". I haven't had the chance to test on real mobs to see if it procs on them or not when used on a missile weapon.
    Basically asking - does it work, will it work, or can it be removed from the rangen list for missile weapon effects?
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 05-19-2020 at 01:37 PM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

@Coco: What happened to the first 4 posts you made about helms, googles etc...?
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Casting Quarterstaffs
    Caster Quarterstaves have their own set of Random Loot adjustments and special enchantments, aiming to make using a Quarterstaff as a spellcaster more of an attractive option. The maximum number of enchantments on a Caster Quarterstaff is now 6 (up from 3). For example, the below is now a possible rare random loot Quarterstaff drop:
    Thaumatergic Quarterstaff of Magical Mastery
    • Potency (This is from the Thaumatergic Rare Prefix enchantment)
    • Combustion (This is also from the Thaumatergic Rare Prefix enchantment)
    • Radiance (This is ALSO from the Thaumatergic Rare Prefix enchantment)
    • Fire Lore (This is from the of Magical Mastery Rare Suffix enchantment)
    • Transmutation Focus (This is also from the of Magical Mastery Rare Suffix enchantment)
    • Spell Penetration (This is a common Extra enchantment)

Will the loot generator know to put the bits in red on the same element? That would make caster weapons a lot more appealing instead of having 99% of even the "good" ones be vendor trash.

Minimum Level of Loot
    When you open chests in content or complete quests, the level of random loot you roll will now exactly match the instance level of the content you are completing. For example, if you are in a level 3 dungeon on Elite, you will get level 5 loot and no higher.

Items and effects that previously increased the minimum level of random loot - such as the Greater Dragonmark of Finding - now increase the quality of that random loot instead. Jewels of Fortune are no longer available in-game and in the DDO Store, and in their place where they were available in-game you will find Treasure Hunter's Elixir's of the same magnitude instead. Unused Jewels of Fortune can be traded in for 2 of the same magnitude Treasure Hunter's Elixir in the House Cannith Crafting Hall, in the same place you can trade in spare Tomes for Dragonshard Fragments. Currently consumed Jewels of Fortune will provide the same effect as an equivalent rarity of Treasure Hunter's Elixir when this patch goes live.
    Will Treasure Hunter/Jewel of Fortune/Dragonmark of Finding/etc. have any impact on the chances to have a Reaper or Mythic bonus on a named item?

Will any ability/effect/bonus have an impact on the chance to make any given named loot reaper and/or mythic?
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Will the loot generator know to put the bits in red on the same element? That would make caster weapons a lot more appealing instead of having 99% of even the "good" ones be vendor trash.

Will Treasure Hunter/Jewel of Fortune/Dragonmark of Finding/etc. have any impact on the chances to have a Reaper or Mythic bonus on a named item?

Will any ability/effect/bonus have an impact on the chance to make any given named loot reaper and/or mythic?
    No, no, and no.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

DDOcast Host
    Licensed House Cannith Refuse Disposal Unit Technician

I actually just asked about the Jewels of Fortune thing and Lynn has corrected me that we were able to solve the problem of consumed ones doing nothing and they'll be giving the bonus of an equivalent rarity of Treasure Hunter Elixir for their remaining duration when the patch goes live. The OP has been updated to reflect that. =]
    Do you know how that will interact if you have both a treasure hunter and jewel of fortune running when this goes live?
    Shamgar ~ Pjstechie ~ Melchizedek ~ Habakkuk ~ Josheb ~ Magoi ~ Kinnor ~ Eshek ~ Zakchaios ~ Jephthah ~ Bartimaios ~ Ehudh ~ Bezaleluri ~ Nebuchad ~ Lava Divers (Khyber) ~ Epic Education ~ Building Blocks ~ DDOCast ~ contact me

Community Member

Getting ML8 and ML9 and ML10 gear from CR10 challenge.
    (Level 30 character with Greater Treasure Hunter elixir)

These changes sound wonderful because I'm starting to run low on 2 augment items for crafting.

What if any change will be made to Greater Dragonmark of Finding and maps from 3BC.
    Will the mark/map still raise the chest level, have no effect, or will it be updated?

DDOcast Host
    Licensed House Cannith Refuse Disposal Unit Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    No, no, and no.
    re: mythic and reaper boosts - would you consider changing the treasure hunter boost to apply to this? for those of us who are pretty well decked out in named gear this gives us a meaningful reason to use these boosts.

I would also accept fixing the augment system and having this bonus give me some shiny new augments...
    Shamgar ~ Pjstechie ~ Melchizedek ~ Habakkuk ~ Josheb ~ Magoi ~ Kinnor ~ Eshek ~ Zakchaios ~ Jephthah ~ Bartimaios ~ Ehudh ~ Bezaleluri ~ Nebuchad ~ Lava Divers (Khyber) ~ Epic Education ~ Building Blocks ~ DDOCast ~ contact me

Community Member

Sample ML1 loot. Note the Deception +0.

Material Types
    Armor and Shields can once again drop with alternate material types (Adamantine, Flametouched Iron, and Mithral)
    The Only Exception's flavor text nerfed extremely hard here. Pls buff
    Festivult meets the Ice Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Dear Very Concerned Customer,
    Buy a rez cake.

Community Member

Sample gear from CR10 challenge. Note the varying ML and one useless item with Masterful and Wondrous Craftmanship.

Systems Designer

Fixing the Deception +0 and the weirdly named Tinkering that appears to have renamed itself to be Thaumatergic.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

The Random Loot system has improved!

How to Preview
    For this Lamannia Preview there is a special Challenge Dungeon that can be accessed from the Test Dojo, located just to the right of the center island, that can be entered at any level from 1 to 30 that simply contains a huge stockpile of treasure chests. Alternatively, you can run dungeons naturally, however, if you want to generate a large amount of random loot the fastest means of doing that will be the special treasure stash challenge dungeon in the Test Dojo.
    This special challenge dungeon needs to go live!! whoot!
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast