Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 402
  1. #1
    Associate Producer Cocomajobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,875

    Default U46 Patch 2: New Warlock Pacts

    Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

    Overview
    Update 46 Patch 2 is expected to include three new Warlock Pact options. These options will be in addition to the pacts that are currently available (Fiend, Great Old One, and Fey) and follow all of the same structures as the other pacts. These new options are:

    • Celestial
    • The Abyss
    • Carceri Storm


    How to Access
    Simply create a level 1 Warlock and select one of the new pact feat options.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!


    NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

  2. #2
    Associate Producer Cocomajobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,875

    Default Celestial Pact

    Description
    Your patron is a divine Celestial, patron of those who wish to devote themselves to an unconventional method of worship. You will learn to channel the light and air around you into a righteous weapon, and utilize holy abilities to help your friends and pass judgement upon your enemies.

    Base Info
    • Pact Dice Element Electric
    • Pact Save Bonus Will
    • Alignment Restriction You must be Good to take this pact.

    Bonus Spells
    • 1st Level Spell Bless
    • 2nd Level Spell Soundburst
    • 3rd Level Spell Magic Circle Against Evil
    • 4th Level Spell Prayer
    • 5th Level Spell Holy Aura
    • 6th Level Spell Freedom of Movement

    Special Abilities
    • Warlock Level 6 Special Ability Celestial Attunement: +5 PRR and +1 to all Saves
    • Warlock Level 15 Special Ability Ameliorate: Attempt to obliterate an Undead, or severely weaken any non-Undead foe. Undead must succeed on a Will save vs DC (15 + Warlock level + Charisma mod) or be destroyed. Undead who fail this save, or enemies who are not undead, instead are terrorized and have their Magical Resistance Rating reduced by 10 for 6 seconds.


    Currently Known Bugs
    • N/A
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!


    NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

  3. #3
    Associate Producer Cocomajobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,875

    Default The Abyss Pact

    Description
    Your patron is of the Abyss - a pit of darkness beyond comprehension, a desire and a hunger beyond meaning itself. Tread carefully.

    Base Info
    • Pact Dice Element Negative
    • Pact Save Bonus Fortitude
    • Alignment Restriction You must not be Good to take this Pact

    Bonus Spells
    • 1st Level Spell Mage Armor
    • 2nd Level Spell Spawn Screen
    • 3rd Level Spell Halt Undead
    • 4th Level Spell Death Aura
    • 5th Level Spell Symbol of Pain
    • 6th Level Spell Energy Drain

    Special Abilities
    • Warlock Level 6 Special Ability Unhallowed Flesh: +5 PRR and +5 MRR
    • Warlock Level 15 Special Ability Channel the Abyss: Shroud yourself in the Abyss, which will grant you unholy power at a cost. You have +100% critical hit resistance, are healed by Negative Energy, take 50% healing from Positive Energy, and take double damage from Light. You are considered Undead rather than your original type for the purposes of most effects.


    Currently Known Bugs
    • N/A
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!


    NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

  4. #4
    Associate Producer Cocomajobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,875

    Default Carceri Storm Pact

    Description
    Your Patron is a demonic entity from the realm of Carceri, otherwise known as Tartarus. The bitter cold and freezing winds will chill you to your bones, but if you can master the power granted to you, great things will surely come your way...

    Base Info
    • Pact Dice Element Cold
    • Pact Save Bonus Reflex
    • Alignment Restriction No Restriction

    Bonus Spells
    • 1st Level Spell Merfolk's Blessing
    • 2nd Level Spell Gust of Wind
    • 3rd Level Spell Sleet Storm
    • 4th Level Spell Ice Storm
    • 5th Level Spell Niac's Biting Cold
    • 6th Level Spell Greater Creeping Cold

    Special Abilities
    • Warlock Level 6 Special Ability Frozen Footsteps: +10% Cold Absorption
    • Warlock Level 15 Special Ability Absolute Zero: Attempt to lock a single enemy in ice permanently. Enemies must succeed on a Will save vs DC (15 + Warlock level + Charisma Mod) or be forever trapped in solid ice. Enemies made of fire will instead be destroyed with no save. Does not affect bosses.


    Currently Known Bugs
    • N/A
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!


    NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

  5. #5
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    19,032

    Default

    Electric damage which targets Will saves? And therefore can't be Evaded?
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

  6. #6
    Community Member Elixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    471

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    [*][*]Warlock Level 15 Special Ability Channel the Abyss: Shroud yourself in the Abyss, which will grant you unholy power at a cost. You have +100% critical hit resistance, are healed by Negative Energy, take 50% healing from Positive Energy, and take double damage from Light. You are considered Undead rather than your original type for the purposes of most effects.[/LIST]


    *undead noises intensifies*

  7. #7
    Chaotic Evil Mindos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pocket Pita Plane
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    • Warlock Level 15 Special Ability Absolute Zero: Attempt to lock a single enemy in ice permanently. Enemies must succeed on a Will save vs DC (15 + Warlock level + Charisma Mod) or be forever


    Forever?

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Might I suggest exchanging Holy Aura from the Celestial Pact with Holy Sword? It would open up the possibility for some melee Celestial/Enlightened Spirit action.

  9. #9

    Thumbs up Schweet!

    I've been running all my racials lives as a warlock. im on life #15 currently and i have played every combination of warlock there is. from a tank-lock to an instakill-lock to a Charm-lock and all 3 pacts. even though i have found what i like the most i would totally love to have more pacts and spells to try our. I am so for this to make it to live game!! so looking forward to freezing forgewraiths in sharn!
    Ghallanda Characters: Amastris Queen of Thay - Main Character - Epic and Class completionist with 17+ Racial and Iconic lives as a warlock | Grevok The Maniacal - Tanklock Alt
    "If I walk away from a conversation it is not because I have admitted defeat. It is because I can not properly handle your degree in stupidology." - Anonymous

  10. #10
    Community Member grudgebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Description
    Base Info
    • Pact Dice Element Negative
    How this pact damage will affect undead enemies?

  11. #11
    Community Member Seljuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Description
    Your patron is of the Abyss - a pit of darkness beyond comprehension, a desire and a hunger beyond meaning itself. Tread carefully.

    Base Info
    • Pact Dice Element Negative
    • Pact Save Bonus Fortitude
    • Alignment Restriction You must not be Good to take this Pact

    Bonus Spells
    • 1st Level Spell Mage Armor
    • 2nd Level Spell Spawn Screen
    • 3rd Level Spell Halt Undead
    • 4th Level Spell Death Aura
    • 5th Level Spell Symbol of Pain
    • 6th Level Spell Energy Drain

    Special Abilities
    • Warlock Level 6 Special Ability Unhallowed Flesh: +5 PRR and +5 MRR
    • Warlock Level 15 Special Ability Channel the Abyss: Shroud yourself in the Abyss, which will grant you unholy power at a cost. You have +100% critical hit resistance, are healed by Negative Energy, take 50% healing from Positive Energy, and take double damage from Light. You are considered Undead rather than your original type for the purposes of most effects.


    Currently Known Bugs
    • N/A
    Does warlocks get Negative Energy Burst Spell aswell?
    >>Officer of the Polish Guild: GildiaDDOpl<<>>Cannith<<
    Isioviel Jr'eness - the Completionist
    Finghin Al'Roeg 5th life Sorcerer .......Seljuck 5th life 14ftr/5art/1wiz
    If you like my posts, consider adding to my reputation. Thank You.

  12. #12
    Community Member HuneyMunster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Small village on Mars
    Posts
    1,029

    Default

    I don't think Death Aura alone would be strong enough for Warlocks to keep themselves healed. Maybe switch Symbol of Pain for Negative Energy Burst or Harm to be different from Pale Master?

    Unless Eldritch Aura, Eldritch Burst and/or Spirit Blast will effect the Abyss Warlock?
    Last edited by HuneyMunster; 05-19-2020 at 01:34 PM.

  13. #13
    Community Member Shedrakzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    71

    Default

    This is all lookin' pretty nice! Though this actually reminds me of a tweak to the Warlock's Enlightened Spirit tree that I was thinking about.

    An ES user seems like they stand as a hybrid melee/weapon and spell damage dealer given its Eldritch Blast aura shape and 'Cleave'-like function. However, other than these features and Spiritual Retribution at T4 giving 3d4 light damage on hit for melee/ranged attacks and the capstone giving +10 melee/ranged power, there isn't much support for weapons in the tree.

    So it would be nice to see critical bonuses even if it were just threat range or critical multiplier, perhaps both to keep it in line with Eldritch Knight, if that's possible.

  14. #14
    Community Member HuneyMunster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Small village on Mars
    Posts
    1,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shedrakzo View Post
    This is all lookin' pretty nice! Though this actually reminds me of a tweak to the Warlock's Enlightened Spirit tree that I was thinking about.

    An ES user seems like they stand as a hybrid melee/weapon and spell damage dealer given its Eldritch Blast aura shape and 'Cleave'-like function. However, other than these features and Spiritual Retribution at T4 giving 3d4 light damage on hit for melee/ranged attacks and the capstone giving +10 melee/ranged power, there isn't much support for weapons in the tree.

    So it would be nice to see critical bonuses even if it were just threat range or critical multiplier, perhaps both to keep it in line with Eldritch Knight, if that's possible.
    Could also have something similar to Clerics Disciple and have a Light and Dark multi-selector option.

  15. #15
    Community Member Seljuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Description
    Your patron is a divine Celestial, patron of those who wish to devote themselves to an unconventional method of worship. You will learn to channel the light and air around you into a righteous weapon, and utilize holy abilities to help your friends and pass judgement upon your enemies.

    Base Info
    • Pact Dice Element Electric
    • Pact Save Bonus Will
    • Alignment Restriction You must be Good to take this pact.

    Bonus Spells
    • 1st Level Spell Bless
    • 2nd Level Spell Soundburst
    • 3rd Level Spell Magic Circle Against Evil
    • 4th Level Spell Prayer
    • 5th Level Spell Holy Aura
    • 6th Level Spell Freedom of Movement

    Special Abilities
    • Warlock Level 6 Special Ability Celestial Attunement: +5 PRR and +1 to all Saves
    • Warlock Level 15 Special Ability Ameliorate: Attempt to obliterate an Undead, or severely weaken any non-Undead foe. Undead must succeed on a Will save vs DC (15 + Warlock level + Charisma mod) or be destroyed. Undead who fail this save, or enemies who are not undead, instead are terrorized and have their Magical Resistance Rating reduced by 10 for 6 seconds.


    Currently Known Bugs
    • N/A
    Maybe change Holy Aura / FoM (since there's plenty items with that effect) / Prayer for Sunburst?
    It should fit thematically and certainly would be more useful .. in thth, for shadows in high reaper + it take DC from Evo.
    >>Officer of the Polish Guild: GildiaDDOpl<<>>Cannith<<
    Isioviel Jr'eness - the Completionist
    Finghin Al'Roeg 5th life Sorcerer .......Seljuck 5th life 14ftr/5art/1wiz
    If you like my posts, consider adding to my reputation. Thank You.

  16. #16
    Nerino & Daniele's Souls Malex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    151

    Default

    I generally really like this.
    1 thing about the level15 ability of celestial one: that is just a worse hurl through h*ll which only works on undead (hurl works on everything, ALSO make them helpless if they do make the save).
    Having an ability that only works on undead and does a minor debuff on others doesnt seem right..

    May I suggest, at the very least, making it usable on evil outsiders, if nothing else?

    Additionally: holy aura is currently bugged (the buff part is affected by spell resistance, and it seems to not count spell penetration). Are you planning to fix it? I'd like to have it, IF working correctly

    Quote Originally Posted by HuneyMunster View Post
    I don't think Death Aura alone would be strong enough for Warlocks to keep themselves healed. Maybe switch Symbol of Pain for Negative Energy Burst or Harm to be different from Pale Master?

    Unless Eldritch Aura, Eldritch Burst and/or Spirit Blast will effect the Abyss Warlock?
    temporary hit points have always worked on undead...
    Yes, they do work, death aura will be enough


    EDIT: hurl has a forbidden word in its name apparently
    Last edited by Malex; 05-19-2020 at 01:57 PM.

  17. #17
    Founder & Super Hero Arkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    9,014

    Default

    Was figuring on there actually being Light-related abilities in the Celestial pact.

    Seljuck had a good idea (above) with replacing one of the higher level Warlock specialty spells with Sunburst.

    Also agree with Malex's idea of making the Celestial pact's Level 15 power work on Evil Oustiders in some way.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

  18. #18
    Community Member Seljuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    559

    Default

    Chanel of Abyss excludes Celestial Spirit !!!

    This mean that capstone from Enlightened Spirit is useless... please rethink whole concept of shroud.

    Shroud in itself is very nice addition and bring lot of diversity, but it shouldn't exclude best warlock capstone !!!

    it's not racial stance nor iconic.. it's same class feature and it should be consistent.

    Make it work together or create Undead variant of that stance, that might have similar or slightly weaker effects due to shroud.. but make it works together.
    >>Officer of the Polish Guild: GildiaDDOpl<<>>Cannith<<
    Isioviel Jr'eness - the Completionist
    Finghin Al'Roeg 5th life Sorcerer .......Seljuck 5th life 14ftr/5art/1wiz
    If you like my posts, consider adding to my reputation. Thank You.

  19. #19
    Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Saaluta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A land that I heard of once in a lullaby
    Posts
    2,307

    Default Small bug

    The above description of Celestial says you must be good to take the pact, but I was able to take true Neutral...so may want to fix that before live

    Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

  20. #20
    Community Member Shedrakzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seljuck View Post
    Chanel of Abyss excludes Celestial Spirit !!!

    This mean that capstone from Enlightened Spirit is useless... please rethink whole concept of shroud.

    Shroud in itself is very nice addition and bring lot of diversity, but it shouldn't exclude best warlock capstone !!!

    it's not racial stance nor iconic.. it's same class feature and it should be consistent.

    Make it work together or create Undead variant of that stance, that might have similar or slightly weaker effects due to shroud.. but make it works together.
    Yeah, I hope this gets fixed as well. If not, perhaps a multi-selector for the level 18/20 cores can be made so that Abyss Warlocks can at least get something out of them.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload