Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Every mob? Really? That seems like a bug and doesn't match up with my play experience. Did this recently start happening?
    any news on archmage love? coming soon? we have been asking for this way before warlock changes.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    One specific example I will cite, though, are the sticky traps in Sharn. Their duration is way longer than other similar Slow effects, and really there's no reason it should be since it usually lasts well longer than it takes to finish the fight, making it an inconvenience penalty more than a combat difficulty factor. Also even if you're trying to avoid them, it seems like they have a trigger radius way bigger than you expect.
    Yes please shorten the duration on the sticky traps in sharn they are a huge pita for a melee character. Go solo Blown Deadline if you need demonstration and watch as your character has to wait out the 30 second timer at every platform on the way down. If there were some way to dispel the slow or cure it that would be a huge quality of life improvement as well. I have tried haste and anything else that says it dispels slow but non of them work. Super super annoying to deal with.

Community Member

It would be greatly appreciated if Vampiric Bond in the Barbarian's Occult Slayer enhancement tree could be fixed. The description states:

At Weapon Bond 100+, your weapon provides you 20 temporary hitpoints when you damage an enemy. These Temporary hit Points scale with 200% Melee Power.

However, these temporary hit points do not scale with melee power. It is a flat 20 hit points every time.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    [*]The Feat Slicing Blow has been changed to the following: Tactical Melee Attack: Using this attack, you deal 1 point of Constitution damage to your target and deal 1 to 6 additional damage every 2 seconds for 18 seconds. The target suffers an additional 1 to 6 damage per tick for every 3 Character Levels. This damage scales with 100% Melee Power and can stack 3 times. Some creatures may be immune to the bleeding or wounding effect.
    So when a TWF (2 stacks) CR60 mob (21d6) uses this in midskull reaper (x10 damage to players) and since it ticks 9x, its going to hit for 2x21d6x10x9, so it is going to hit players for 3780 no-save effectively "true" damage? In a group of 8 mobs, if 4 of them apply a 3k slicing blow each you are looking at 12k true damage?

If you are soloing R5 under a 75% healing penalty you will need to drop 15k healing to counter a 3780 slicing blow, and 50k healing to counter the slicing blows of a group of mobs?
    Last edited by Tilomere; 05-26-2020 at 11:02 PM.

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

[*]Epic Destinies: Divine Crusader: Confront Any Foe now properly enforces its 2-second cooldown.
    While you are working on Divine Crusader, please fix Just Cause as it is broken and no longer grants full BAB!

[*]Doors that are breakable with melee strikes can now be broken with ranged attacks.
    While this is a great QoL boost for ranged builds, it made a lot of sense to not allow ranged to break down doors. A bunch of arrows/bolts in a door is just not the same as a good old fashioned axe blow.

Why was this change deemed appropriate?

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    While this is a great QoL boost for ranged builds, it made a lot of sense to not allow ranged to break down doors. A bunch of arrows/bolts in a door is just not the same as a good old fashioned axe blow.

Why was this change deemed appropriate?
    Because swapping to a melee weapon to break doors isn't very fun.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Every mob? Really? That seems like a bug and doesn't match up with my play experience. Did this recently start happening?
    Every **** Ranged Enemy has an automatic on-hit hamstring effect. With how many ranged monsters you put in the game, it means there is a non-stop hamstring effect on anyone fighting them. There is no save, when they hit you it's an instant 100% effect that is continuously reapplied until all ranged monsters are dead.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    I don't think pets need any further buffing in Casual/Normal/Hard/Elite.

But can we have pets(/hirelings/summons) benefit from our Reaper points as well? If we're getting, for example, +230 HP ,+3 Con, +6 PRR, and +6 Reflex from our Reaper trees, how about our pets get the same benefits?
    But that only helps really if you've invested in the grim barricade tree, if you're spell caster focused the majority of your chosen enhancements are going to be no benefit at all to the pet apart from some additional hitpoints, and whilst not quite as bad if you're ranged focused and filling up the dread adversary tree it will help their damage somewhat but again it wont help their survivability. Not everyone doing reaper is going to have enough points to put into barricade to make a difference to their pet.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by palladin9479 View Post
    Every **** Ranged Enemy has an automatic on-hit hamstring effect. With how many ranged monsters you put in the game, it means there is a non-stop hamstring effect on anyone fighting them. There is no save, when they hit you it's an instant 100% effect that is continuously reapplied until all ranged monsters are dead.
    Got to admit this isn't what I see either - and my characters get hit fairly regularly by ranged mobs and only occasionally suffer hamstring though the frequency at which this happens tends to go up with the level and varies somewhat depending on the mob/quest. Having said that I tend to play on elite/low reaper so if you play in high reaper they could be using hamstring more often.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CeltEireson View Post
    Got to admit this isn't what I see either - and my characters get hit fairly regularly by ranged mobs and only occasionally suffer hamstring though the frequency at which this happens tends to go up with the level and varies somewhat depending on the mob/quest. Having said that I tend to play on elite/low reaper so if you play in high reaper they could be using hamstring more often.
    I play every quest at R1 and ranged mobs have a 100% on-hit hamstring / tendon slice effect. It's very noticeable in the ambush sites the devs made, you enter a room of get a ton of ranged mobs shooting at you. What I think is happening is since they give "archer" mobs Rogue levels, they got this feat and it's permanently enabled instead of being a special move they do occasionally. Now there is obviously a bug somewhere in the monsters ranged attack.

Community Member

Last night I ran Twilight Forge. Near the end, there were breakable doors guarded by traps. My fighter found it very fun to drink a jump potion, take armor and shield off, jump over the trap to swing at the door once and then land back in the safe spot. The second time he failed to land back in the safe spot though and died, which made some interesting play.

Do you know what I didn't find very fun? At the room with the runed levers that made bridges appear below, while I was trying to figure an order in which the levers should be pulled to get people across, the monk in my party used his leap ability to reach every corner completely invalidating the puzzle.

If one particular quest is not very fun for the players (Tomb of the Blighted?), then go change that quest. Do not introduce a whole new mechanic invalidating large portions of the game.

Also, of all the things that are not very fun, you picked this one? Is there no discussion between devs that would introduce some sanity in those decisions?
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by CeltEireson View Post
    But that only helps really if you've invested in the grim barricade tree, if you're spell caster focused the majority of your chosen enhancements are going to be no benefit at all to the pet apart from some additional hitpoints, and whilst not quite as bad if you're ranged focused and filling up the dread adversary tree it will help their damage somewhat but again it wont help their survivability.
    Added some emphasis to the part where you clearly already get the point that any points in any tree gives would give your pet exactly the same benefit to survivability as it's giving to you. I.e., it would let your pet keep up with you. If you don't need or have the points in Barricade, then, no, your pet wouldn't, either. That's your grind and your choice on spending them.

But I'm not wedded to that specific idea. Do you have an alternate proposal to help pets (and summons & hirelings, I suppose) in Reaper? Something that does not further buff them outside of Reaper? Because they definitely do not need it there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

2014 DDO Players Council

And swapping to a ranged weapon to shoot some lever is?

It might not be actively fun, but it's not actively "un-fun" either. Either swap is quick, simple, and immersive to the game environment. This is just another pointless easy button that makes no sense in-game.
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

Community Member

Default I'm still waiting on 2nd Sharn raid I paid for.

There is one thing that isn't in these balance notes that is more important than any of these changes. I and others paid $ for Sharn for two raids to play, and only have access to one of them due to the difficulty of pugging THTH. I'm still waiting for you to deliver a 2nd Sharn raid to me.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    There is one thing that isn't in these balance notes that is more important than any of these changes. I and others paid $ for Sharn for two raids to play, and only have access to one of them due to the difficulty of pugging THTH. I'm still waiting for you to deliver a 2nd Sharn raid to me.
    They only promised 2 raids. They never promised 2 GOOD raids...
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Don't worry, above level 30 and wearing the next set of power bloat gear, you will have no trouble succeeding at PN on R1 or THtH on Hard. If you can find anyone who will still care to run them other than for nostalgia at that point.

Community Member

And a what about drood having to come out of animal form to shoot a target ? It costs spell points and you also lose buffs as well, swapping to a melee weapon is hardly a time consuming event.
    Last edited by thedip; 05-27-2020 at 12:11 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Added some emphasis to the part where you clearly already get the point that any points in any tree gives would give your pet exactly the same benefit to survivability as it's giving to you. I.e., it would let your pet keep up with you. If you don't need or have the points in Barricade, then, no, your pet wouldn't, either. That's your grind and your choice on spending them.

But I'm not wedded to that specific idea. Do you have an alternate proposal to help pets (and summons & hirelings, I suppose) in Reaper? Something that does not further buff them outside of Reaper? Because they definitely do not need it there.
    Well first thing to make them more useful would be to improve the AI, or at least get them to work reliably.

The next question after that is what are the pets for? To increase your damage, to take damage away from you, to pin down one or two mobs whilst you deal with the others? Because what their role is in Reaper also depends on what benefits they get over and above survivability - if you want them to be able to trip they'll need DCs way higher than they have now, same for things like intimidate etc. Their damage in reaper is also going to be negligible compared to players but given that a player's own DPS will likely drop in trying to manage and keep their pet alive (including using up valuable spellpoints/buffs) should they be doing more damage than they can now to compensate etc etc.

Don't think they're ever going to be useful for high level reaper given that even melee characters generally die within a few hits - so unless you are micromanaging your pet its going to be dieing on a regular basis regardless unless its hopelessly overpower. Also don't think their damage should be upped significantly as that would possibly make them overpowered in lower reaper.

Do something like is currently done for epic levels - a bonus that is applied only in reaper based on the quest level and reaper level. X additional PRR/MRR, Y additional dodge/incorporeality and Z hitpoint boost per quest level and an increase per reaper level. You'd probably need to factor in pet feats somehow by increasing the benefits of those feats in reaper.

Or add a fourth separate reaper tree - you build it up separately from the others whilst doing normal reaper adventuring (earning a separate set of reaper points concurrent to your normal reaper points) and the benefits are solely applied to summons/pets if you have any active.

Do wish they would review the current enhancements as well, and possibly add another item slot to allow for a bit more customisation.

But balancing pets to be useful but not overpowered likely not easy.

Community Member

Default Too late...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast