Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Hardcore Season 2 Wrap-Up FAQ and the After Party

Thank you for being a part of our second season of the Hardcore League!

The After Party will be available for players to get their characters inventories sorted, items moved out of their shared bank, and do the other actions necessary before we do a full character database wipe of the Hardcore server. The After Party will be available through May 31st.

Similar to the first season, here is what you need to know:

UPDATE: Character transfers from the Hardcore server have been temporarily disabled while we investigate an increase in failed transfers.

Notes on World Character Transfers:

The following things will not transfer with your character:

• Your Friends list
    • Your /Ignore list
    • Your Guild name, level, airship, amenities, membership ranks, or other guild-related benefits. You will appear in the new world guildless.
    • Items in your True Reincarnation Cache
    • Items bid on or posted to the Auction Houses
    • In-game mail
    • Shared Account Bank and Crafting Storage items
    • Your Astral Shard balance
    • Your Creature Companion Stable
    • You cannot be the Leader of a Guild and transfer your character from one world to another. If necessary, please promote a successor or other guild member to Leader, or disband your guild, prior to undergoing a character transfer from one live game world to another. Guild leaders will not display in the Character Transfer UI.
    • You cannot be logged into the game world while undergoing a character transfer. If you are, you’ll be kicked from the game world and receive an erroneous “ban” message. You aren’t banned, as this is related to a technical mechanism put in place to prevent corruption during the transfer process.
    • If your name is being used on the world you are transferring to, your name will be appended with a -1 and you will be granted a one-time free rename credit. While logged into the character you wish to change the name of, type /changename (new name) into the chat panel to change your name.

Characters are transferred from the Hardcore server to another server through the game launcher. Click here for our guide to world transfers.

Note: The Hardcore League requires VIP or Season Pass membership for access. Players will need to have access to the Hardcore League server in order to log into the game world after the event is over.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 05-14-2020 at 04:26 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

See y'all next season.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smile

Default thank you

A party to end to an excellent season - thank you to SSG and all the players who participated - see you all for HCL season III
    **Master of the Beyond**

Mary's 'Mary had a Little Bear' Build for Hardcore League https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ng-Druid-Build

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Mary View Post
    A party to end to an excellent season - thank you to SSG and all the players who participated - see you all for HCL season III
    Yes, thanks SSG.

A few of my fallen ones live on as alts/bank toons on Orien (Carnage-1, Ransack-1, and THAC0-1)

Also thanks Mary!
    Cilon can be found on Orien.
    Died 9ish times on HC2. Was best known there as Ransack and Carnage (they lasted the longest).

tks ssg HC2 was awesome!
    Helloween/Trooperrj/Dreamhealer/Sepulturaa/Ironhell/Halibaba/gammaray/Blindgardian/Megadethx and 22 others..INFERUS SUS-Thelanis

Default what if?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Note: The Hardcore League requires VIP or Season Pass membership for access. Players will need to have access to the Hardcore League server in order to log into the game world after the event is over.
    It may be obvious for most people, but for me it isn't:
    Do I have to be VIP to transfer my toons to live? My VIP ends in a few days and I just don't feel like extending it right now, but who knows what the future brings.
    Anyway I really enjoyed HC season 2, it's a shame really I missed season 1. Still I would like to transfer my toons to live. Will it be possible via the launcher w/o being VIP when the feature becomes available? I don't intend to login or anything, just transfer the toons "as is".
    -- CANNITH --
    -- Officer of Csodaszarvas --
    Hulligan / Hegyomlas / Shearnily / Ithril

Where can I see the final standings leaderboard?

Community Member DaggomaticDwarf's Avatar

Default Dumb question alert!

Do I need to have an empty character slot to move my one and only HC toon?

Dagg.
    If A Dwarf falls in the forest does he make a sound? YES! Ah Gawd Dang Sons of a *BEEP*
    Guild leader of the "Order of the Never Empty Mug"-Khyber Server-Varda, Daggummet, Xotika, Angelheart, Annaleeza, Keirza, Gearszin, Iluvatar, Sindeamon, and Pippsqueek

Quote Originally Posted by Hulligan View Post
    ...Will it be possible via the launcher w/o being VIP when the feature becomes available? I don't intend to login or anything, just transfer the toons "as is".
    Yes, as the Transfer tool doesn't require you to fully log into that server. (edit: Answered by Jerry below)

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Where can I see the final standings leaderboard?
    Arraetrikos hangs out in the Hall of Heroes and Korthos village.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 05-13-2020 at 02:38 PM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Community Manager

Do I have to be VIP to transfer my toons to live? My VIP ends in a few days and I just don't feel like extending it right now, but who knows what the future brings.
    Anyway I really enjoyed HC season 2, it's a shame really I missed season 1. Still I would like to transfer my toons to live. Will it be possible via the launcher w/o being VIP when the feature becomes available? I don't intend to login or anything, just transfer the toons "as is".
    You do not need to be VIP in order to transfer a character from the Hardcore server to a different server, but you do need to be VIP in order to log into the hardcore server. So, the answer depends a lot on whether you have your inventory and other things in order.

Quote Originally Posted by DaggomaticDwarf View Post
    Do I need to have an empty character slot to move my one and only HC toon?

Dagg.
    Yes.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Just to be sure, character bank storage (but not shared storage) does transfer with the character to another server?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    Just to be sure, character bank storage (but not shared storage) does transfer with the character to another server?
    Yes.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Yes.
    Thank you. Better safe than sorry.

Community Member

I transferred all my toons today (5/13), so just do it, as they say.

Yes! See you all for the next season
    Sorcerer Pass Discussion and Ideas, found here:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...91#post6144091

Community Member

Default hmmmm... dowutnow?

Got an empty slot on the target server, never made a guild. lets me transfer and gives me the congratulations message blah blah blah. No e-mail confirmation and character doesn't transfer... guess Ill wait and try again tomorrow

Community Member

Default Cannot transfer dead toon from HC

I have tried to transfer this toon about a dozen times since she died about two weeks ago, and I keep getting the same auto-reply:
    --------------
    Other details:
    Character Funnybunny did not transfer.

#D43423
    We encountered an error during your transfer.
    --------------

I have tried various things to make this work:
    - Deleted all in-game mail
    - Am not a member of a guild
    - Deleted all quest-related items, such as the Dagger of Threnal and Challenge items
    - Ensured the toon does not have two or more of any unique items (like a Jeweled Cloak) in inventory and in character bank
    - Submitted a help ticket - no response, as expected from HC
    - The server I wanted to transfer to had available slots, but no longer has available slots. I understand this isn't a problem.

The character is level 19 at max heroic XP. I was going for favor when the toon died.

Any help would be appreciated.

Default Thanks

Thanks, HC2 was a blast.
    Darkwinn, Milkus, Terismina, Gothmawg, Dreylock, Drunarah, Bigbhamboo, etc on Sarlona / Brixlynn, Mofus, Curgoth, Deidlit, etc on Ghalanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Careall View Post
    The server I wanted to transfer to had available slots, but no longer has available slots. I understand this isn't a problem.
    That sure seems like a problem. I'd leave a spot open for a while in case it's still trying to complete the transfer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Community Member

[QUOTE=Cordovan;6322912]Thank you for being a part of our second season of the Hardcore League!

Thanks for doing it again! It was a bit too soon I'm afraid and for many of my friends who didn't make it to S2 and S1 - they felt that there was not enough notice; with that said, many players would appreciate at least a month in advance notice before the next one (I suggest spacing them out at least 6 months in between - however, in this case with Corona going on, this was superb timing!).

Would you all be open to opening a thread to players who have played in S1 and S2 to make suggestions and or comments regarding adding/changing/subtracting elements to hardcore to even make the next season even better? With many players coming back to the game after long breaks and new players returning Harcore could be just the thing to act as a launching pad and thrusting the DDO player base and experience into the sky realms where only dragons soar!

I'd like to start off by suggesting -

1a) Provide better accomplishment rewards (the footprints, red sash (S1) & mount were the bomb! Conversely, the reaper pet (s2) is worse than a half orc's fart standing downwind!
    1b) Before the season take a few polls/ suggestions for end rewards allowing for player input. Doing so will heighten the desire to accomplish all goals in HC seasons!
    1c) Maybe add a few rewards or allow for players to choose?

2) Allow for previous season's end rewards to be worn/used (footprints not working in S2 was a real bummer).

3) Provide some sort of dialogue for new HC players who have first player creation items which encourage them to bank these items - I had a new HC player friend jump to his death at lvl 1 with all these items on - provides for a lousy first impression.

4) Allow players to mute global death announcements. I can't tell you how distracting this was while trying to focus on gameplay and have these announcements pop up in the chat with a loud "ding" - scared the orc snot out of me!

5) Have a timer/ announcement in chat letting you know how much time is left until the season's end.

Thanks again for doing this! BTW please just make a mega server/s and just give credit to the guild leader (only) for ships - this is badly needed! Just get it done and hurry!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast