Community Member

Default Build request: First Life Wizard

A wise man once told me I should just try a pure wizard PM SLA build and go to town with it. My concern with that is SP drain, and the fact early life would be melee-focused touch SLAs and it would do next to nothing to undead until I get the pierce immunity enhancement. So I'm wondering if there's a more viable alternative, if not, what the best build path would be.

So I'm just looking for a wizard build for my first life to knock out a wizard life. I'm looking for build suggestions/plans, hopefully those that fit my playstyle...

I am f2p/Premium. I have some content but not all, though of course adventures won't be too much of an issue during this timeframe.
    I wish to play a wizard as main class for the purpose of TR. Anything else is fair game.
    I value clear speed and ease of play over maximum effectiveness. I also value durability and self-sustain. That might be asking a lot of a wizard build, though, if you want an idea, I like playing barbarians.
    I intend to solo. Having hirelings is not out of the question but most of the time I will be solo playing in normal/hard, elite/reaper if I can handle it for favor.

Relevant content I own outside of adventure packs: Level 4 start, warforged, drow, arti, monk, FVS, VKF, Harper.

If possible I would like to know a leveling build path, such as what enhancements I should take at what times, if there's a viable time to reset enhancements for a more optimal setup, etc.

Edit: Suggestions on good spells to take when available would be nice, too.
    Last edited by Andrasari; 05-08-2020 at 07:08 PM.

For the first couple/few levels, Master's Touch and a good Graxe (and maybe a healer hire) is all you need.

o The classic for new players, and others: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5759365

If you're going to 30, you can go pure. If you don't want to trap, you could grab something else like Barb 1 for the kite speed (and all martial weapons w/o MT).

If u go deep gnome you can start at 14 n rock skip all that low level **** leveling
    Damonz Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by mr420247 View Post
    If u go deep gnome
    Only if going to 30, and/or not planning to reincarnate.

If going to 20, that doesn't work.

Community Member

Hello

I lesser reincarnated another build into a PM. I am level 18 and it is really good.

Thing is some are immune to negative energy damage - some constructs.

On higher level heroic get the dreadkeeper gear from soul splitter. I used the robe instead of medium armor. also get the stygian wrath.

I spend most points in PM and then in archmage to get force slas for constructs. My guess is if you get both slas from PM and archmage evocation you should be ok at mid heroic.

On level 15 get Esoteric Initiate from sharn.

On level 10 get Beacon of Magic Set from ravenloft.

This is what i plan to do next life on that char.

Let me know if this helps.
    Check out my website for calculating DPS and damage mitigation: http://mmlddo.com