Default Are there still lag improvements in the dev pipeline?

While the recent lag-related changes have improved game play experience, lag continues to haunt the game. Reaper raids are quite problematic with lag, with heals not landing and abilities not being registered (like using Remove Curse potions in Project Nemesis). Will there be a patch "soon" with additional lag-related improvements?
    Khyber: Kobeyashi | Ying. R10 or bust.

I can add that during daily Normal/Epic Normal runs, I am seeing missed triggers and effects as well. So this isn't exclusive to being a Reaper only issue. Although I am unsure on what other information to provide other than the /loc which I have not obtained since it was in middle of runs, to help track and tackle this issue.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Community Member

Default Umplayable Lag

I was away for most of March and April and am back for a week now. I have to say the lag spikes I am seeing (in addition to being new to me) are making the game virtually unplayable. Is there anything on the player side that can be done to minimize this -- keep in mind that I had no more or less problems than anyone else prior to March...

Community Member

+1
    Check out my website for calculating DPS and damage mitigation: http://mmlddo.com

Community Member

I get minimal/no lag these days. All the fixes last month have done the trick. Raids are generally good. Thunderholme and Orchard are better than they have ever been.

The minimal lag that I do get tends to be the specific quest lag that we have always historically had. I did get about 5-10 seconds of lag on a recent PN run on the final boss fight but I've had that a couple of times before and luckily it did correct itself quickly. Not like a few months ago when it would last for 1-2 minutes and normally result in a wipe.

Founder, Alpha, Omega and Other Secret Things AnubisPrime's Avatar

Besides some hitching here and there the lag has been minimum to none for me as well.
    The Old Timers Guild
    www.oldtimersguild.com
    >> Open to the Public! <<
    Founder #2231
    PROUD MEMBER OF MOURNLANDS

Community Member

Still pretty trash, waited 30 seconds at a mission entrance for the server to acknowledge that my team wanted an instance last night. Happened again on the very next mission, only about 10 seconds second time tho.

Slayer zones run smoother, but the mob density is lowered to the point that it will take 20-30% more xp and slayer pot time to get the same xp. The lag "fixes" shouldn't be a revenue generation plan for SSG, yet apparently that's all they are.

Community Member

Try running with DX9 and vid settings set to very low.

It may just be a random timing thing but I switched to that setting yesterday for an unrelated problem and I am running as lag free as I have been in years since then. This probably means - Monday so servers that needed it got bounced after the weekend and I had components of client lag related to my vid card, DX11 and the 64-bit client, however it is worth a shot. I am running the 64-bit client, DX9 and very low default setting with no changes to it.

Agreeing with the OP.

Some improvement, but as I'm playing an Alchemist thrower variant at the moment it's really noticeable, for some reason anything ranged brings out the absolute worst in lag for me.

Again, thanks for the attention the problem has been given, much appreciated, but a little more is needed if at all possible.

Coit out
    Coitfluff Coitrippr Coitrocket CoitburnerLuciforge Coithealz: Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    While the recent lag-related changes have improved game play experience, lag continues to haunt the game. Reaper raids are quite problematic with lag, with heals not landing and abilities not being registered (like using Remove Curse potions in Project Nemesis). Will there be a patch "soon" with additional lag-related improvements?
    This pretty much sums it up. We appreciate the measures you have put in place, they helped, but the job isn't done yet. Please take a look at endgame raids as priorities.

Default Can't complete Memoirs because of lag

Lag caused the quest to be incompleteable -- we appeared underneath the world when teleporting out of the bar. How wonderful.

ETA: Couldn't ddoor either, due to weird geometry and things blocking our access to it.
    Last edited by Carpone; 05-12-2020 at 09:01 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by acemonkey View Post
    Slayer zones run smoother, but the mob density is lowered to the point that it will take 20-30% more xp and slayer pot time to get the same xp. The lag "fixes" shouldn't be a revenue generation plan for SSG, yet apparently that's all they are.

This is absolutely untrue, if it's taking you 20-30% longer to complete the slayers after the minor adjustments there is something else to address. (Changes are reportedly making the slayer time quicker for many due to having less lag issues :P )

There's many fair criticisms, this isn't one of them as far as I've seen ingame. Do you have some numbers to back it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Lag caused the quest to be incompleteable -- we appeared underneath the world when teleporting out of the bar. How wonderful.

ETA: Couldn't ddoor either, due to weird geometry and things blocking our access to it.
    It was CAF spamming all along and devs are on the case!

I'm sure it will fix everything just like EIN fix did, LOL.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodaemon View Post
    This is absolutely untrue, if it's taking you 20-30% longer to complete the slayers after the minor adjustments there is something else to address. (Changes are reportedly making the slayer time quicker for many due to having less lag issues :P )

There's many fair criticisms, this isn't one of them as far as I've seen ingame. Do you have some numbers to back it up?
    This was untrue for me i did epic slayer in orchard with my best time, because we didn t have any lag issue.
    In game in Cannith as
    Aborim Master (main toon) --- Nickallin (my tank)--- Jjnick (warlock 30) --- Nickpunick ()--- Nickruvido (my healer)--- Nickallinone (shuri build)
    KVP Korthos Village People

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodaemon View Post

I played late night, didn't have lag issues until last few months. Used to get Orchard and TH done in a certain amount of pot usually short a few people due to late night, now can't manage it due to reduced kills per cycle. Might be different in full teams going from lagfest to no lag, but that doesn't help me since I didn't play peak times in full group.

Quote Originally Posted by Komradkillingmachine View Post
    It was CAF spamming all along and devs are on the case!

I'm sure it will fix everything just like EIN fix did, LOL.
    Obviously. CAF was OP for all 5 ranged toons in that screenshot.