Default The New Steelmaiden (U45) - AC Tank Build 627 AC Pics and Gear Included.

It has been a long haul but finally my tank is racial completionist. So I could finally stop being a sorc.

Her effective hit points are 69,038
    Self Buffed intim is 143.

The pic is 100% self buffed.

The build is very easy to make. Be warned though it is a dedicated tank. Don't expect to ever get a kill with it.

PDK - 12 Paladin - 4 Fighter - 4 Artificer

Stats - CON and CHA and 13 Dex. Level ups go into CON, You need to have 13 INT by time you take your 4th artificer level.

Feats - Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Combat Expertise (level 4 artificer feat), Toughness, Epic Toughness, Scion of Celestia, Bulwark of Defense, Epic Reflexes, Force of Personality, and MOAR TOUGHNESS, The paladin religious feats should be Helm if you are PDK. I also took dire charge. I have been playing with trying to make it work. ( I need the stunning DC trinket )

(For even more HP just skip taking dodge, mobility and spring attack and instead take MOAR TOUGHNESS)

Level Order - Does not matter much, Just make sure that you have enough INT for combat expertise by time you take the 4th arti level.

Skills - Intimidate, UMD, Concentration, Heal ... Plus anything else you like.

Gear - Still working on trying to make this more optimal.

Helmet - Standard Issue Faceplate
    Neck - Standard Issue Sigil
    Trinket - Symbol of the Slave Lords
    Goggles - Collective Sight - Charisma and Charisma
    Armor - Legendary Watch Captains Plate
    Cloak - Legendary Cloak of the City's Champion
    Ring - Legendary Celestial Emerald - Constitution
    Ring - Legendary Celestial Sapphire
    Boots - The Shrouded Steps of the Beyond - 3 piece grandfather shield
    **Bracers , Belt, **Gloves = Material Opposition Legendary Shroud.
    Shield - Legendary Crystalline Ward
    Weapon - Shattered Hilt of the Constellation

** If you feel like you do not need that much HP you can use the House J gloves for more healing POWAH as well as the Hallowed Castigator Bracers.

Enhancements - 44 in Sacred Defender, 23 Stalwart Defender, 13 in Renegade Master Maker. Just take everything that increases hate and armor class and MRR, PRR
    If you have no racial AP you will need to take fewer in Sacred Defender to get CHA to hit and damage from PDK tree.
    If you are Racial Completionist throw some points into PDK to get MOAR AC and Heal AMP.

Destiny - Guess which one adds MOAR AC ?

I have been using this build to tank in R10 quests and it stands up just fine. It has NO DPS, Your party is the DPS. You get to heal your team (my cure mod was hitting team mates for 250 and renewal is boss). GRAB all the aggro you can. Keep those red names and reapers bouncing off you while everyone else hammers away.

I have also run a variety of reaper raids with her with great success.

Future Plans - I still haven't done Heroic Completionist .... That would add a little. It would mean grinding 8 more lives though. And after having done 36 in the last year I need a break from TRing my tank. I also only have 61 reaper points. As I add more from tanking everything on r10 I will get even MOAR HP. I also have only 1 barb past life ... 2 more would add MOAR HP.

For those people that do not have a racial completionist but want to make a similar tank. The build still works fine. Just 1 - Work on getting your epic past lives - the 12 martial lives add a lot of AC and the primal lives add a lot of HP. Any race should work ok ... but I felt PDK would be best due to CHA to hit and damage. But as you deal very little damage anyway anything should work.
    Deijah / Deijara / Deijanna / Deijora / Deijaugh
    Ornery and Loving it.

I see some Update 46 stuff here. Are you sure the title of your thread is right?
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    I see some Update 46 stuff here. Are you sure the title of your thread is right?
    Ahh you are correct, Some of the gear is U46. The split is due to the U45 changes though.
    Ornery and Loving it.

From the other thread ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rull View Post
    The 4th core of sacred defender doesn't look that great (5 prr/mrr). Is there another reason to go up all the way to 12 in paladin?
    I could see just 8 paladin for angelskin, for instance. Not that I know how what you'd do with 4 more fighter... If you just use it for the feats and take Heavy Armor Combatant you're back at the same spot prr/mrr-wise.

While you're PDK anyway, with good tactics... is there any way to work in a good stun that strikesthrough? I guess stunning shield is not worth it with the 30sec cooldown...
    Rull, When I first tried this split I tried to add a little DPS by getting the THF line of feats. As the DPS was still very poor I dropped them. Currently I use Dire Charge as my stun and I have a 124 Dire charge DC with an item swap. As far as the 12 Paladin question. As I have good charisma I felt that going heavier on the Paladin levels would make more sense especially as divine grace adds up to 2+3xPaladin Levels to saves. As I have 12 paladin levels this allows it to add up to 38. Currently my charisma bonus is +30 so to take advantage of that I would need a minimum of 10 paladin levels.

I have however been recently toying with the idea of changing the split to 12 Fighter, 5 Paladin, 3 Artificer . This would allow me to get core 12 in Stalwart ( knockdown immunity ) as well as give me 3 additional martial feats. The cost would be loosing some paladin spells and lowering my saves as divine grave would cap out at +17 to saves. Plus if the devs ever fix angel skin the more paladin levels will add more AC.

Anyway I hope that answered your question.
    Ornery and Loving it.

Is 627 AC noticeably more effective than your previous AC build?

You know, before the great forum wipe, I had two build threads up. One for my AC tank, and one for my DPS THF. I just edited them each update. Just sayin'

AC makes his pants tight. As far as he is concerned it's not possible to have too much.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post
    Is 627 AC noticeably more effective than your previous AC build?
    Yes . I can now tank most end game quests on r10. Raids I have been tanking on r1 because not a lot of people seem to be interested in ratcheting up the skulls there. The previous build did fine on r1 raids but struggled as the skulls were upped on quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    You know, before the great forum wipe, I had two build threads up. One for my AC tank, and one for my DPS THF. I just edited them each update. Just sayin'

AC makes his pants tight. As far as he is concerned it's not possible to have too much.
    Yes Quik your way is obviously the best. And yes it is impossible to have too much AC, especially as other forms of damage avoidance (concealment and incorporeal)
    are nerfed in reaper quests.
    Ornery and Loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by PainStealer View Post
    Yes . I can now tank most end game quests on r10. Raids I have been tanking on r1 because not a lot of people seem to be interested in ratcheting up the skulls there. The previous build did fine on r1 raids but struggled as the skulls were upped on quests.
    Couple of notes here. I think plenty of us are interested in upping the difficulty, but not enough. Many of us are on a TR train with a quasi trash build, or at least not optimized. So just assuming a guild run is enough to do things harder, meh. Sometimes it's not worth it because several want to get their runes and threads, and go back to TR'ing (remember you were there not too long ago) And a lot of the people that do have fully optimized builds are playing other games.

As far as the build, the tank is solid on R10's. The only things it can run into trouble against are certain champs. Some of that is play as this guy has been tr'ing for the better part of the last couple years and not running R10's much.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Default Combat Expertise

I just started playing this build, its my first tank and so far I like it.

Could you explain how you got Combat Expertise as a 4th level artificer?

I don't see Combat Expertise listed as a bonus feat for Artificer and when I took my 4th level that option was not listed.

Thank you for the build idea.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KatanaEin View Post
    I just started playing this build, its my first tank and so far I like it.

Could you explain how you got Combat Expertise as a 4th level artificer?

I don't see Combat Expertise listed as a bonus feat for Artificer and when I took my 4th level that option was not listed.

Thank you for the build idea.
    Did you have 13+ INT at that moment? If not then you wont see it listed

Heya, did you consider Clr12/5pal/3art split at all? How much AC would I lose if I went that route? 10% sacred HP, Animal Domain and Heal spell are the benefits.