Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 59
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    251

    Lightbulb The Hoarder --- Desktop Utility

    Dear all,

    these days I developed a simple & fast to use tool for managing the endless Hoard I gather.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hc...p_rlRDNUWzLMfX

    For a screenshot:

    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LZ...Os9G7HXVWLjecw

    And a brief Manual in PDF
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/19Hg...ew?usp=sharing

    Please give it a try and post feedback here.
    If the tool gets enough attention and demand I will devote more time to cover your requests.

    The main usage for this tool is to replace any Excel like files we all might be keeping for our items :-D
    A second usage is to help you choose items that their abilities do not conflict. This is under construction though...

    Notable Features:
    Version includes AUTO Update for the database.
    Keep track your character inventory with Drag & Drop!
    Import your items using text. Or images and an OCR. (Check the manual)

    Next updates will be on the database.
    Upcoming new feature: Progress the Equip Report further.

    Cheerios and Enjoy
    Last edited by Igognito; 05-20-2020 at 12:55 PM. Reason: New Release Minor Corrections and Additions

  2. #2
    Community Member TitusOvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,252

    Default

    Geez, I missed this post completely.
    This turned out nicely. Thank you so much.

    Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

  3. #3
    Community Member Dulcimerist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    2,518

    Default

    Cool! Sounds like a tool I need, since I'm a horder!
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Thank you Titus and Dulcimerist for posting :-)
    The past week I used a lot the tool and have gathered a long list of improvements to do ;-)

    I will post the newest version when it is ready. If by any chance you have any comments/suggestions I will be very happy to hear them.

    Minimum new Features for New Version:
    --------
    One new feature will be for the app to auto update its Database!
    I will not give the work for making the app auto update unless I see some interest in the thread.

    New versions of the app will need to be downloaded.
    New versions of the database the app will download after a verification message.

    Fix tab/enter handling on all forms (had missed that last time)

    Improve the search in items functionality

    I will also add the "In Sets" functionality that will help you equip multiple characters from the same collection by indicating u what is in use and where.

    -------
    My personal experience with tool:
    I currently have equipped a lvl 9, lvl 11, lvl 13, lvl 16 and a lvl 17 all from the same collection and getting 90% out of my items to each character.

    That was possible because of the tool... I have like more than 400 named items to choose from and more than 40 crafted items plus I used to have a lot of random items (now I keep very few of them)

    Also it has made really easy for me to check what I have on loot time. Allowing me to pass a lot of items to others and ask for items I dont have :-)

    Cheerios

  5. #5
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    5,278

    Default

    I hadn't seen this either - I'm definitely intrigued!

    At first glance, and before the coffee has kicked in and before I've actually downloade/played with this, but a couple questions (suggestions?)...

    o Some accounts have MANY alts (I have "only" 9 on my main, but the max is 30+). Is there a way to show/track which alts are holding (not "equipped", just storing) the different items?

    o Is this (currently) only for Named Items? Could the "Custom" items include Cannith Crafted? Could they include droploot? (ymmv, but vorpal crossbows and low-ML keen weapons come to mind). Your exampe of a "crafted" item is an upgraded Named Item, which is why I ask.

    o Some players have mule accounts - I do. Is there a way to break this down to show what items are stored on different accounts?


    o At first thought, I could see at least 2 more (sortable/searchable!) columns added - Account & Character. Maybe set it up so these are optional (i.e. they could be "added/removed" via a control panel to suit the user).

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    I hadn't seen this either - I'm definitely intrigued!

    At first glance, and before the coffee has kicked in and before I've actually downloade/played with this, but a couple questions (suggestions?)...

    o Some accounts have MANY alts (I have "only" 9 on my main, but the max is 30+). Is there a way to show/track which alts are holding (not "equipped", just storing) the different items?

    o Is this (currently) only for Named Items? Could the "Custom" items include Cannith Crafted? Could they include droploot? (ymmv, but vorpal crossbows and low-ML keen weapons come to mind). Your exampe of a "crafted" item is an upgraded Named Item, which is why I ask.

    o Some players have mule accounts - I do. Is there a way to break this down to show what items are stored on different accounts?


    o At first thought, I could see at least 2 more (sortable/searchable!) columns added - Account & Character. Maybe set it up so these are optional (i.e. they could be "added/removed" via a control panel to suit the user).
    All are great questions and all are answered with a yes!

    Lets start with the simplest: You can add any item you want! Most of the named ones are just already in there!
    I have added more than 40 crafted items in my collection and 1-2 random ones that I actually use (speed/feather fall)

    ps: I have fixed Add Item editor to be better when you use.

    I had considered at start to make Account/Character columns. But after a bit of though I found them redundant as you can use: Stored for the character name and u can add the account name if you want to.

    The app reasoning is Multiple Accounts = Multiple Collection files as trading among accounts is limited to unbound items.
    But still you can use 1 Collection file and add the account at Stored field as a remark.
    My original reasoning for multiple Alts, was to use the field Stored to mark to whom the item is stored at.

    Still while I was using the app I found out there is a better way: If you make Equipped sets and store it with a name then u could use that to know who has what!
    Also in the version I prepare now, this will be automatically marked on a new table column which will be searchable from Stored filter.

    This will allow you to know also who uses what! Allowing you to have all your alts well equipped from the remaining items ;-). One remark on this...
    My Equip Column allows you to Equip as many items as you want... It is not a problem neither limits you on the item slots. Reasoning: We often carry items to swap for incorporeal, diplo/bluff/ skills etc! In the end you want to know what is all your usable equipment and not what u wear in that moment.

    Stored field search is going to be improved in the next version. So if you put 2+ stuff (for example Account1 Character5) it will search for both separately and you can choose for all or any of the search keywords. Generally, I have improved the filtering capability :-).

    Question: Should I make Stored a multiline field? Probably Yes! (will go on the list)

    The app needs to be tested in order for us to find the ideal ways of using it and presenting the info. So please play with it and send me comments!!!

    ps: I will ensure that what files you make will be transferable to future versions at all times.
    ps2: Also if you have your items kept in an excel file or anywhere in the new version I might implement a simple import. (Copy column/paste button in my app...)

    Known Bug that will be fixed by next version: If you add an item, equip it or add it on a collection and then delete the item it will break the program :/ This will be fixed and a deleted item will be ignored.

  7. #7
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    5,278

    Default

    Awesome possum!

    If nothing else, this will help me see exactly how many of which Vorpal/Keen weapons I have, and toss some dupes up on the AH.

    (That's a serious bug - good to know! )

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Awesome possum!

    If nothing else, this will help me see exactly how many of which Vorpal/Keen weapons I have, and toss some dupes up on the AH.

    (That's a serious bug - good to know! )
    Yes indeed the bug is nasty...
    Please do not delete items until I post a new version :-)

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Bug has been corrected....
    Some new features have been added!
    Next version will have Auto Update for DB...

  10. #10
    Community Member iamsamoth0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,257

    Post already sounds incredible

    just looking at the picture you had, I have longed for better tools to manage inventory. One, it is entirely bothersome to login, and out, for all the toons and all the servers. Two, there are no tools, a decade on, to handle inventory conveniently, as a whole or on an individual basis. Entirely overlooked, and under-appreciated QoL improvement. I hope I can use it and figure it out.
    Do you have a Patreon?
    They really could update the forums to be a bit more user friendly as well. Also a decade in the asking.

    Quote Originally Posted by Igognito View Post
    Thank you so much!
    I did this for my QoL :-) and I'm happy to share it.
    If I get enough interest I will start maintaining it/implementing it consistently.
    Please write me feedback! This is exactly what I need right now!

    I'm also considering of making a video of me using the app to illustrate how I'm thinking the app to be used.

    Cheers and Thank you
    It seems it is oriented towards collections, which I suppose are equipment sets. I am hoping for something utterly mundane. Something that allows me to see the compiled, and quantifiable list of property on each server. One list that shows everything owned on a specified server.
    The tools you developed do look interesting, and useful. The layout is clean and legible. The cutout helps keep things aligned. Great work so far!
    Last edited by iamsamoth0; 05-11-2020 at 05:06 PM.
    The Truth~ +5 Transmuting Utterance of Puncturing .
    BarrelBane Crateslayers~Shamrocks.
    of Spew(Argo, Thelanis, Cannith);Chunkss[Argo]

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iamsamoth0 View Post
    just looking at the picture you had, I have longed for better tools to manage inventory. One, it is entirely bothersome to login, and out, for all the toons and all the servers. Two, there are no tools, a decade on, to handle inventory conveniently, as a whole or on an individual basis. Entirely overlooked, and under-appreciated QoL improvement. I hope I can use it and figure it out.
    Do you have a Patreon?
    They really could update the forums to be a bit more user friendly as well. Also a decade in the asking.
    Thank you so much!
    I did this for my QoL :-) and I'm happy to share it.
    If I get enough interest I will start maintaining it/implementing it consistently.
    Please write me feedback! This is exactly what I need right now!

    I'm also considering of making a video of me using the app to illustrate how I'm thinking the app to be used.

    Cheers and Thank you

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    251

    Cool Newer Version!

    Dear all,

    I just want to notify you that there is a newer Release.
    Many things have been improved.

    New features:
    * Auto Update DB file
    * Stored renamed to Notes become Multiline
    * Binding can be edit to add the character name that the item is bound (or at least that is what I add)
    * Double clicking at an inventory slot will remove the item from equipped
    * In Sets column
    and more...

    Next updates will be on Manual and Database

    You can download from the first message.

    Thank you

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iamsamoth0 View Post
    It seems it is oriented towards collections, which I suppose are equipment sets. I am hoping for something utterly mundane. Something that allows me to see the compiled, and quantifiable list of property on each server. One list that shows everything owned on a specified server.
    The tools you developed do look interesting, and useful. The layout is clean and legible. The cutout helps keep things aligned. Great work so far!
    Hi again,
    A collection is oriented for a server/account and an equip set is orient for a character.
    Clearly, I am not considering cross server yet. But I am planning a read only mode to view the sum of your collections.

    For now, I have focused in the main form, how you edit, mark ownership, create items etc...
    Now that I have a pretty good main form, I will start working on other things (like improving my database, as it is parsed there is a lot of improvement to do).
    When my database is suitable I will start focusing on the Report tool. There is a lot of work to do and a lot of functionality to implement there.

    Once again thank you!

  14. #14
    Community Member TitusOvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Igognito View Post
    Dear all,

    I just want to notify you that there is a newer Release.
    Many things have been improved.

    New features:
    * Auto Update DB file
    * Stored renamed to Notes become Multiline
    * Binding can be edit to add the character name that the item is bound (or at least that is what I add)
    * Double clicking at an inventory slot will remove the item from equipped
    * In Sets column
    and more...

    Next updates will be on Manual and Database

    You can download from the first message.

    Thank you

    This is nice, really. I kind of cross-use it with Phoenix' planner. So I got my equipment ready for shipping out for a specific build.

    Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    This is nice, really. I kind of cross-use it with Phoenix' planner. So I got my equipment ready for shipping out for a specific build.

    Cheers,
    Titus.
    I wanted to link the 2 apps... But Phoenix's planner is using custom non text formats... It would be cool to be able to copy/paste a set from the one to the other app!

  16. #16
    Community Member iamsamoth0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,257

    Question so i tried it

    granted not what i thought it was, it still was interesting. Would it be possible to add a tab(s) were I could manually enter my toons actual inventories?
    The Truth~ +5 Transmuting Utterance of Puncturing .
    BarrelBane Crateslayers~Shamrocks.
    of Spew(Argo, Thelanis, Cannith);Chunkss[Argo]

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iamsamoth0 View Post
    granted not what i thought it was, it still was interesting. Would it be possible to add a tab(s) were I could manually enter my toons actual inventories?
    Hmm

    I need to mentally visualize that in order to implement it!

    I'm currently offering a grid where you have access to all items.
    You mark what you have etc...

    Lets say that you mark some items as an equip set of Character1
    You want me to create a TAB page that shows you Character1's actual inventory?

    With actual what you mean?
    1) All items even components, wands, potions etc...?
    --- This no I cant do, or at least it doesnt worth the time to create these items in my app.
    2) The exact location of an item in Character1's inventory: For example in Bank Slot (1,1)...(3,20). And then I illustrate you a DDO inventory like in game?
    --- This will take time to implement but implementing a half measure might be easy. I could add a field that says where an item is stored: Shared Bank, Toon X Bank, Toon X Inventory, Toon X Equipped, Toon X TR Cache. Then create a Tab that would illustrate that assortment but with lists. You could even swap characters to see what you have in each and could move items from location to location.
    3) Currently there is the option to filter by toon what you own. Assuming that you mark the Toon somewhere (Either with an equip set, or at notes). Then filtering by toon will illustrate you exactly what that toon has. (I had started with notes now I use equip but I'm considering to actually do a separate field for it).
    --- Elaborating the existing option to generate a tab with a list of items in a Toon's inventory is easier but I think going for option (2) might be more interesting will take time though.

    Please elaborate a bit your idea for me to think of it.

    Cheerios

  18. #18
    Community Manager
    Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    27,933

    Default

    Looks cool and useful.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com



  19. #19
    Community Member AlmGhandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w
    Posts
    758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Igognito View Post
    I wanted to link the 2 apps... But Phoenix's planner is using custom non text formats... It would be cool to be able to copy/paste a set from the one to the other app!
    I have like 13 bank toons on one account on one Server.
    It would be great to have a way to see what toon has what items in their inventory…
    That would greatly reduce the time taken logging in and out trying to find out where I left my charged gauntlets for the next TR...

    Cool Utility!
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlmGhandi View Post
    I have like 13 bank toons on one account on one Server.
    It would be great to have a way to see what toon has what items in their inventory…
    That would greatly reduce the time taken logging in and out trying to find out where I left my charged gauntlets for the next TR...

    Cool Utility!
    Thank you for the good words.

    Inspired from @iamsamoth0, comment I was working on this today....

    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TR...ZtCMG2DdEvV7_3

    1) You get 1 such tab for each of your characters. The character name is visible at the tab a simple v in this one
    2) You can drag/drop from each column.
    3) changes will update the collection.

    Still you can only search when you are at the Collection Tab.
    I plan to enable some filtering in these tabs too...
    Last edited by Igognito; 05-18-2020 at 03:38 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload