Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Default Bludgeoning Guard items, Slashing Guard items as random treasure drops

Hello,

I have seen Thorn Guard items a lot of times and they do piercing damage.

What I have not found on items are :

Bludgeoning damage guard
    Slashing damage guard

I mean, of all physical damage types known from weapons, these are missing as guard items from random loot.

I can imagine, however, that creating items with bludgeoning and slashing guard would be difficult from a logical perspective.

So far, I could only imagine - for example - shields with embedded blades instead of thorns for slashing guard (similar looking like the armor of the Bladeforged Ones), and lead knuckles on shields for bludgeoning guard, for example.

I could also imagine blades for shield bash doing slashing damage and lead knuckles for shield bash doing bludgeoning damage.
    The shields should have a corresponding look, then, of course, to give the player a clue what kind of shield does what kind of shield bash damage.

Alrik
    "No, it doesn't say 'Lifeling' "

Default Most Guard items still Broken...

Just remember MOST Guard Items are broken, base damage only (1dX) (except for some named items). See here for more info: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...s-broken/page2

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    Hello,

I have seen Thorn Guard items a lot of times and they do piercing damage.

What I have not found on items are :

Bludgeoning damage guard
    Slashing damage guard

I mean, of all physical damage types known from weapons, these are missing as guard items from random loot.

I can imagine, however, that creating items with bludgeoning and slashing guard would be difficult from a logical perspective.

So far, I could only imagine - for example - shields with embedded blades instead of thorns for slashing guard (similar looking like the armor of the Bladeforged Ones), and lead knuckles on shields for bludgeoning guard, for example.

I could also imagine blades for shield bash doing slashing damage and lead knuckles for shield bash doing bludgeoning damage.
    The shields should have a corresponding look, then, of course, to give the player a clue what kind of shield does what kind of shield bash damage.

Alrik